Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ante
Apr 9, 2005

SUNSHINE AND RAINBOWS
I'm in Thailand right now with no equipment. Where should I go climbing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ante
Apr 9, 2005

SUNSHINE AND RAINBOWS
Apparently this is A Thing in the Netherlands

ante
Apr 9, 2005

SUNSHINE AND RAINBOWS
That would be more fun if it were filled with water instead of mats.

ante
Apr 9, 2005

SUNSHINE AND RAINBOWS
What if it rains?

I dunno, I think he shot himself in the foot by making it start so low. If he had his own deep water soloing area in his backyard, he might have the motivation to fix up and maintain the pool itself.

ante
Apr 9, 2005

SUNSHINE AND RAINBOWS

French Canadian posted:

My gym got broken in to! :( I think they used a large vehicle...

But how's the wall??

ante
Apr 9, 2005

SUNSHINE AND RAINBOWS

Wor posted:

If anyone is interested, I would be happy to answer any waterfall ice or mixed climbing related questions, or questions about that other suffer filled discipline, alpine climbing. I have four seasons of experience of freezing my arse off climbing in Canadian winters, and I love it as much... maybe more...than rock climbing. It's too bloody cold in the Canadian Rockies to rock climb outside past mid-October. The dedicated can pull it off a few days every season when the warm chinooks blow through on a sunny day, but I never bother chasing the nicest days. Too much effort when I could be ice climbing!

Where do you climb?

I've vaguely heard that there might be something out near Lillooet, but I don't know any details.

ante
Apr 9, 2005

SUNSHINE AND RAINBOWS
"Successful social interaction" is one of the more hilarious sperg phrases I've heard lately.

...But I'm one of those people at the gym that try not to talk to strangers.

ante
Apr 9, 2005

SUNSHINE AND RAINBOWS
Do tell if you find anything

ante
Apr 9, 2005

SUNSHINE AND RAINBOWS
I bet Popeye would be a really good climber

ante
Apr 9, 2005

SUNSHINE AND RAINBOWS
Any good climbing in Cuba that people know about? Or anywhere in Mexico/Central America, really.

Preferably sport, I'm not really into taking a full trad rack climbing.

ante
Apr 9, 2005

SUNSHINE AND RAINBOWS
A good slug of scotch right before climb time is recommended, I think

ante
Apr 9, 2005

SUNSHINE AND RAINBOWS
Are the Muiras still the recommended climbing shoe? I guess I just bought a pair, so the point is moot.

Pretty solidly 5.11 / V4, but my last Scarpa shoes were trash. I can't remember what they were now, so now I'm worried that maybe I just bought the same shoes again, I gotta go check. I couldn't trust me feet, ever, toes or heels, and the soles started delaminating within 5-10 sessions.

ante
Apr 9, 2005

SUNSHINE AND RAINBOWS
I do like laces

ante
Apr 9, 2005

SUNSHINE AND RAINBOWS
Not being able to remember what my last lovely shoes were was bothering the hell out of me, so I did some more searching and hah! They were totally Miuras.

Exactly like this:

But they were from probably 2015 / 2016 so :shrug:

These are the Miuras I just bought and they felt the best, so maybe they updated them or something:

ante
Apr 9, 2005

SUNSHINE AND RAINBOWS
Adjustable leg loops for sure

Otherwise you're screwed if you spend a summer biking a lot and get swole in the pants

ante
Apr 9, 2005

SUNSHINE AND RAINBOWS
Why dog can't tag along

Adventure dog best dog

ante
Apr 9, 2005

SUNSHINE AND RAINBOWS
Friends ran into Tommy Caldwell at the crag last year, and he was climbing 12s in an air cast. You got this

ante
Apr 9, 2005

SUNSHINE AND RAINBOWS
One of my climbing partners wears socks while crushing 5.13s

Hard to say whether it cancels out the uncool factor. Might need to hit 5.14 to break even

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ante
Apr 9, 2005

SUNSHINE AND RAINBOWS
More / less fuckin'