Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
Saran Wrap?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

extreme_accordion posted:

Ahhh the MGB GT. Was going to suggest this. And you can put V8's in them.
http://www.britishracecar.com/keithburnett-mg-mgbgtv8.htm

Still a fan of the Datsun 2000 with something else in it ideas though.
When your wife wants a small British car with a big V8 in it, well...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F7D0gPZEMP0

Seat Safety Switch fucked around with this message at 04:51 on Jan 3, 2013

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug
It's a Jim Simpson Italia II GTC body on an NA Miata.

http://www.simpsondesign.net/italia2_gtc_promo.html

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug
I wouldn't own a car that was previously owned by someone who makes a stylistic choice like that. Nightshade and stickers are my limit.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug

Adiabatic posted:

While I get where you're coming from, he's detailed a huge list of replaced parts. He might just be an engineer.

And the original hatch still comes with it. I dunno, seems a little expensive to me but it's not like these cars are getting any cheaper.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug
I like to imagine he clawed himself back from the precipice of death because of the shame.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug
Congrats on getting the car buttoned up again! Do you have anything that can datalog to make sure all the sensors are plugged in and undamaged?

Nodoze posted:

Staying under 4K is going to be fun for a thousand miles...

Don't these idle at 3k? Just let the clutch out slowly, never go near the gas, and shift down only when going uphill. :v:

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug
I'm really sorry you blew up the motor again. :( Even if they are poo poo aftermarket bearings 2000 miles is hardly anything, you should burn down their offices.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug
Goondolences. Did you buy this car from the ghost of James Dean?

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug

quote:

With their underpowered cars, the French and Spanish police admit that they have been unable to halt more than a few vehicles in the night convoys, which stick to the motorway network in France.

In vehicles topping 300 horsepower, the convoys easily outpace pursuing police cars and motorcycles.
The French police need to find some taxi drivers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nUOq6x2vo6U

Seat Safety Switch fucked around with this message at 17:40 on Nov 9, 2013

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug
Poor S2000. :(

I hope the drug running rear end in a top hat who wrecked it gets his.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug

Baller Witness Bro posted:

Liking the new thread title. I would've gone with something like "money goes in, no work comes out - a nonadiabatic adiabatic tale" myself.

Is it too late to change the thread title again?

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug

Do you own a yellow Mustang II y/n?

It was a Mach 1. To my knowledge there has never been a true Mustang II or King Cobra thread in AI.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug

Holy poo poo that's way less than I thought. If you're patient you could definitely make some money on it. Seats and motor alone would get you that I'm sure. Wheels, top and assorted poo poo would most likely be all profit.

Adiabatic January 2014 posted:

Hey guys, I bought back the S2000 and I got started parting it out. Strange thing, both of the front seats were filled with poisonous spiders.

Adiabatic February 2014 posted:

I'm feeling kind of weird, you guys. Here's a picture of some weird lump I found on my leg. Also I tried selling the rims and the guy who came to buy them shot me a few times but I think I'll be OK.

Adiabatic March 2014 posted:

Itchy. Tasty.

Adiabatic April 2014 posted:

WE ARE THE INTELLIGENT SPIDERS WHO HAVE TAKEN OVER THIS POSTING VESSEL. BRING US FLIES. DO NOT BUY US RED TITLES.

Adiabatic May 2014 posted:

THE ONE YOU CALL 'IOWNCALCULUS' WAS WRONG TO BAN US FOR MEMES. WE ARE A HISSING, SWARMING HIVE OF HYPERINTELLIGENT ARACHNIDS THAT WILL CONSUME ALL FLESH. WE WILL NOT BE DISSUADED FROM OUR MISSION OF RESTORING BYOB. GIVE US FLIES.

Seat Safety Switch fucked around with this message at 19:12 on Nov 20, 2013

• Locked thread