Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Viggen
Sep 10, 2010

by XyloJW
..and yet you got a pre-lit Christmas tree?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Viggen
Sep 10, 2010

by XyloJW

Adiabatic posted:

Eh... too many people around me have had a Z. Seems like the "go-to" answer and I don't like that. Same reason why I don't want an MGB and a Spitfire is iffy.

If I may suggest an alternative. :q:

Viggen
Sep 10, 2010

by XyloJW

Adiabatic posted:

Wow, that Sonett II is ridiculously beautiful.

EDIT: The 50's one is the prettiest but I bet you can't find them anywhere :\ Actually I can't find the II's anywhere either...

You can find a few IIs around, but the III is a lot more common. Forget about the 50s builds, there were only a handful made.

I saw a II for sale on a website on the east coast for under $10k in beautiful shape a few months ago, but I can't remember who or where. They handled restored classic cars, and I was surprised at how cheap it was, considering their usual inventory.

You can check here every few weeks, but post-holidays, it's nearly entirely empty. Three months ago there were at least 10 IIIs for sale in various states.

I know there was a SAAB person in Red Lodge, MT, who wanted to sell two carcasses (plenty to fix one up and spare parts) back in July, but I have no idea who/how to contact them.

Jack might know where you can find one. He'll also be your best resource, should you be nutty enough to do so.

Viggen
Sep 10, 2010

by XyloJW

Adiabatic posted:

That is a lot of money for a project.

..Nash Metro?

Viggen
Sep 10, 2010

by XyloJW
Look what I founded you..

The problem is that the guy is in Trollhättan..

Viggen
Sep 10, 2010

by XyloJW

Adiabatic posted:

Hey time to move on douchebag. Engine works but you're totally right I'm in over my head when a defective clutch breaks :allears:

Just existing is enough reason for him to crawl up in your craw, don't worry about it. After a bit of abuse, you'll get an awesome t-shirt out of the deal.

Viggen
Sep 10, 2010

by XyloJW
You know, Christine-who-hates-her-owner is not a real good story in the first place, but to make her an S2000?! C'mon now!

Viggen
Sep 10, 2010

by XyloJW
Is it still too early to make a backtiger joke? :ohdear:

Viggen
Sep 10, 2010

by XyloJW

Paul Boz_ posted:

Backpanther?

:doh: yes, thats the one

Viggen
Sep 10, 2010

by XyloJW

leica posted:

until the cocksuckers and motherfuckers start rolling out and the neighbors take their kids inside and close the windows :smith:

So what's the problem? The cocksuckers', and motherfuckers' fucktrophies are inside, then? :confused:

Viggen
Sep 10, 2010

by XyloJW

Phone posted:

Hey Adiabatic, you're not going to take AI's worst mechanic title away from me, but nice try. :colbert:

So NOBODY read my insane diatribes? t:mad:

Viggen
Sep 10, 2010

by XyloJW

Phone posted:

You forgot AI Shitposter of the Year 2013 and AI's Worst Mechanic of the Year 2013.

Unrecognized. Again.

Viggen
Sep 10, 2010

by XyloJW

skylineboy08 posted:

You need my code scanner? :v:

Can he reset the MILs and not set everything else not ready? :v:

Viggen
Sep 10, 2010

by XyloJW
"Goon in a well" isn't even applicable. This is "Heroin addict goon who finds syringe full of murky colored fluid" territory.

Viggen
Sep 10, 2010

by XyloJW
This seems like AIs' version of Cooking With Hoarders..

Viggen
Sep 10, 2010

by XyloJW

Phone posted:

2013 is a bad year to work on own cars.

:smith:

Viggen
Sep 10, 2010

by XyloJW
"Garbage in, Salvage Out: The Adiabatic Build Thread"

Viggen
Sep 10, 2010

by XyloJW

chrisgt posted:

Garbage in, Garbage out: A West SAAB Story post

Its OK man, I'm not here to judge your lifestyle or anything. I am amused to find that it still bothers you guys, though.

E: This derail brought to you from IRC. Like, a year ago, and stuff.

Viggen fucked around with this message at 19:52 on Nov 8, 2013

Viggen
Sep 10, 2010

by XyloJW

Adiabatic posted:

Insurance question: Should I tell them about the "new" engine and transmission? I can see it going either way on perceived value and I'd definitely like some advice from all y'all about which way my adjuster will go.

Depending on your carrier, it may not matter. I had to haggle with my claims adjuster who felt my 190k car with full maintenance was worth just as much as a 190k car running on borrowed time. Since you are not at fault this time, I'd work with your insurance over the fact that you had just completed a rebuild, and show them the stacks of receipts. If you don't get what you want, show supporting documentation with similar cars and what they are selling for.. CL/Nada/KBB, etc are all useful in this manner.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Viggen
Sep 10, 2010

by XyloJW

13 INCH DICK posted:

So what I'm getting out of this is I need to step my game up.

You can try, but we're pretty sure you'd die if someone hit the nose of your beast. With a wiffle bat. :ohdear:

• Locked thread