Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LloydDobler
Oct 15, 2005

You shared it with a dick.

Those little fairladies are awesome.

Since we're all thowing in our pet suggestions if you want something bulletproof reliable and easy to work on with semi-decent support, may I suggest... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Volvo_P1800

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LloydDobler
Oct 15, 2005

Looks dead nuts on to me. Try lining up the crank mark perfectly (rotating running direction only) and then see how much the cams are off, considering they're geared down 2:1 they'll still probably look right. Like poisonlizard said, they have to be either on right or a full tooth off, it's not possible to be off just a teeny bit, which is reassuring.

LloydDobler
Oct 15, 2005

I saw that and imagined a Ralph Wiggum voice going "I'M VEETEC!"

Like this, only vtec instead of Idaho.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KrbC0meYiuY

LloydDobler
Oct 15, 2005

At least try a known good battery first, if you have a spare you can chuck at it. Otherwise yeah it points to an electrical problem or just an abnormally high load. Does the motor crank over easily with a wrench?

LloydDobler
Oct 15, 2005

Adiabatic posted:

Insurance question: Should I tell them about the "new" engine and transmission?

I absolutely would. In fact, I have nightmares about that on my current convertible, the value isn't much but I can document that I spent a lot of hours building the car. If the car gets wrecked less than a year after I spent months building the thing, I am not going to consider any offer fair until I get some sort of compensation for the new parts and labor. I wouldn't expect 1:1 full retail shop hour compensation, but something.

LloydDobler
Oct 15, 2005

Now I want to see your username become ADIABEETUS.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LloydDobler
Oct 15, 2005

If you're claiming it on your own insurance, you pay the deductible and the other insurance company has to then reimburse you for it.

• Locked thread