Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dandaman
Dec 30, 2005

The flipped oil dipstick is done because you get excess pressure from blow by or something, so it causes the dipstick to pop out during spirited driving. So in order to keep the dipstick from popping out, you flip it like in the picture. It works perfectly fine like that and keeps it from popping out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dandaman
Dec 30, 2005

You have a sympathetic goon (and bank account) here. I spent a couple grand (parts and labor) on clutch jobs when my first slave cylinder failed trying to figure out the problem. Figured out it was the slave (an $80 part) and everything was golden. The best way to do the clutch on the S is how you did it. Put it on a lift, drop the sub frame, and grab every ratchet extension you can find.

I have been running an ACT pressure plate and ACT flywheel for 50,000 miles, includes daily driving/track days/autocrosses, at 10 psi and have had ZERO issues with it. Its a bit stiffer than stock, but I'm not a girl, so I don't mind. I have heard really good things about Competition pressure plates as well. Supposedly they are as strong as the ACT with stock pedal feel.

The AP1 flywheel is pretty light from factory, so no huge reason to switch, for comparison the AP2 flywheel is like 18 pounds or something like that, hence why I ditched it.

Good luck with the ride. If you're ever in Miami let me know.

dandaman
Dec 30, 2005

Adiabatic posted:

Think I'm out of the woods, fellas.

I've got 1.5k on this clutch and it's given me no problems so far. Wheel bearings are good. Engine doesn't burn oil at anywhere near the rate of the old one and the PO-supplied magnetic drain plug has given nothing out of the ordinary.

Checking oil every time I fill up from now on.

Congrats!! There is nothing like driving this car and being able to enjoy it without fear. Speaking of which my A/C just stopped cooling the air, so my turn to do some digging. But I ain't complaining, it's gone through 98,500 miles of year-round Miami driving. It's earned a vacation, lol.

dandaman
Dec 30, 2005

Nodoze posted:

You could get a good amount parting that out I think

I agree. The frame is hosed, but it looks like everything is still intact behind from the radiator back. There's like a whole foot of space behind that frame support before you get to the engine.

Have any pics with the hood open? Those seats alone would go for $700-800 if they are in good condition.

• Locked thread