Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax

Clapham Omnibus posted:

Is this just a biased view from the American Cartoon thread or are there any good grotesque American cartoonists out there?

Theres the The Pain guy, if you consider his style grotesque. I don't think that he himself would though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax
Looks more like a drunk to me.

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax
I was disappointed that the Murderball one wasn't drawn with a Murderball chair, it smacked of laziness.

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax
Why are there two HMV comics on the same day? They going bankrupt or something?

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax
My view is very zoomed in and I think that its Osbourne on the pin. Though really all it is is a black blob (his goofy suit,) a tan blob on top of it, and another black blob on top of that (his hair.)

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax
They're definitely labels of some kind since the first says NHS.

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax
I dunno how it is in Britain but unless you have a race horse or work horse your horse is worth jack poo poo over here. I saw one being given away on Craigslist the other day. Others are just left lose to run wild (in actuality to be rounded up by animal control and then auctioned off to the dog food company for a hundred bucks a pop.)

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax
Bird was pretty easy for me, yesterdays was harder because I thought it was a random vanity tie design.

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax
Out of curiousity, what happened to the elephant man? Did Clegg fire him?

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax
Finance Minister or whatever thats called in the UK.

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax
Yeah you're right, Gideon wears the same suit but doesn't generally stick his head up his rear end or have blue cuffs.

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax

Murderion posted:

I've seen one in Glasgow. He asked me what my building was as I was leaving work, then followed me and told me that the council high rises we were walking past were filled with immigrants secretly flown into Heathrow at 3 in the morning. Also apparently the only history book you'll ever need is the bible. Possibly a Daily Express reader.

... What? Is this just some idiom I'm not getting?

They are in the Alzheimers ward, the head of the NHS (conveniently) forgot something.

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax
I think a very small silhouette can be on the golden window panes on the left.

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax
Because those are the face of an owl! Thats a great hidden bird too, by the way, didn't see it until you mentioned it.

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax
Bird is below Kim's hand. Two of the bobbles form his eyes, they have little balls in them for the pupils. A cleverly hidden job, I'd say.

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax

Fluo posted:

Gotta love the Torygraph trying to make it out as partiers / protesters are all part of Black Bloc type kind of thing. There will always be some there but they're not the loving core of it, how its drawn you're meant to hate them but like the other 3. Note the policeman has his weapon under his waist, where as the anarchist has it above (with added Molotov!).

So? The whole thread is full of people doing that to groups that they dislike.

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax

Fluo posted:

That cartoon isn't satirical.

Is this satire? http://i.imgur.com/iHoY2.jpg

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax
Is it not actually a depiction of Thatcher's nightmares? Its not ghosts literally attacking her. Anyways, I am not exactly sure what you are trying to say in the expanded version of your post. Just talking about what?

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax

Fluo posted:

This is a cartoon thread, we talk about cartoons that get posted. That cartoon was posted and I said a line or two about it?

Yes, and I said a line or two about it too. Is there anything wrong with that.

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax
No, I questioned the conclusion you came to, you can talk about it as much as you want but if you single it out negatively for things that frankly a lot of political cartoons do I'll make a note of it.

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax
I believe that your opinion, that it shows's the creator's political enemies to be bad people, but on the other hand that that is all well and good for a political cartoon. The worst are actually things like Mac which, as far as I can tell, typically say absolutely nothing.

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax
Oh for fucks sake, Daily Express.

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax
Bird is in the circle directly above the queen's crown.

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax
I honestly can't stand most of Collins' wordy hipster stuff. I'm amazed the thread is giving it the overwhelmingly positive reception its been getting.

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax

Forums Terrorist posted:

I'm amused that the two people bitching about Collins are American. Maybe they don't think it's political because it isn't smothered in labels and cross-hatching? :haw:

I never said it wasn't political, though it often isn't, I said it was boring and unfunny.

Cliff Racer fucked around with this message at 03:30 on May 8, 2013

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax
Outside of Britain that is far from the biggest slur. Hell, its more obscure than niglet I'd bet.

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax

mfcrocker posted:

Yes hello welcome to the UK Political Cartoons thread where we discuss political cartoons from the UK. You may have to forgive me being a bit UK-centric in this thread about cartoons from the UK.

Except we are discussing a person's (assumably not from the UK) decision in another thread. Unless you were discussing Bell's decision to call him Niglet instead of that LPer's discison to call whoever that was Paki.

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax

mfcrocker posted:

Yes, I was saying that it's daft as gently caress to compare a Hawaiian slur to a homophonic English slur.

Paki is not a Hawaiian slur, its an English one. In Hawaiian it probably just means "fire" or something.

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax

So many good places to hide a bird and he basically doesn't even try. Shameful.

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax
Pretty sure he was joking about the bird. Its actually the two owls carved into the fire place.

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax
Three foxes, a new record!

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax
Possibility of three foxes (a new record) if those things in the Dalek's grills are fox ears. Other than that pretty dang meh day for comics. If anything its the Mail one that comes off best, the others are all rather samey.

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax
They appear to be employing the first Doctor as a butler, shouldn't he be stopping them instead of pointing out where Charles is?

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax

big scary monsters posted:

I found the fox, but where is the bird? :supaburn:

I think the bird is part of the tree's bark. I found two things that could be extremely rudimentary birds. Bit disappointing really but sometimes a v shape is all you get.

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax
Could be that little speck of hair above Ed's brow. Otherwise I'm mystified despite being a pretty good birdwatcher.

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax
I don't think thats a propped up newspaper though, just a corner of the comic cut out to explain the joke.

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax
Without the union label you can't actually tell what Ed is cleaning up after. In this case it was either necessary or you had to give the horse a miners hat or whatever stereotypical union attire is over there. Although at the same time even with the complete comic I can't off the top of my head remember donors conspiring to rig a Conservative election. Do those candidates that Cameron parachuted into safe districts count?

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax
That bird was tough as nails to spot.

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax
So why are they talking about Tesco? Did they do something specific to warrant mention in two seperate strips?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax
Well if nothing else Bryant was also a filthy stutterer...

quote:

Take Tesco, a good employer and an important source of jobs in Britain and an important source of jobs in Britain

• Locked thread