Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Noreaus
May 22, 2008

HEY, WHAT'S HAPPENING? :)
Mac sure does like giving people swastika tattoos.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Noreaus
May 22, 2008

I like Ziggy's (I think that's the name) "Scene and Heard" bits in the Private Eye, but they aren't really cartoons.

Noreaus
May 22, 2008

Fluo posted:

Daily Express Islamophobia:

I'm not seeing any Islamophobia here?

I hate to be the one on this side of this, but it's really weird seeing these "Hurr maybe they'll turn up in cardinals's outfits" cartoons. I don't doubt they are anything other than "A Thing Happened", but it's...odd. Because if it were somebody allowed to wear a veil or some such, the cartoons would be people turning up wearing a burqa or some such, and they would be terrible cartoons.

Confliction. Not sure how to feel.

Noreaus
May 22, 2008

Woah. I didn't get it until I saw it again with my eyes unfocused.

Noreaus
May 22, 2008

That's a bit of a weak homage. The face wasn't present in the original painting and nothing else essential about the painting has really been altered.

Noreaus
May 22, 2008

Weirdly, the news outlets have also avoided the "saving kids' lives" aspect, in the headlines at least. "Wrestling with a shark" sounds like it was some fun activity he decided to do.0

Noreaus
May 22, 2008

Look at the newspapers on the table: "A grim day for press freedom"

Noreaus
May 22, 2008

John Charity Spring posted:

The flatulence is very 18th-century-political-cartoon.

That is Treason Jongy.

Noreaus
May 22, 2008

I was making a joke based on that, yes. Because he's Kim Jong Un you see. :thejoke:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Noreaus
May 22, 2008

There is no slur there, don't be absurd. It's good that y'all are earnest to stamp out transphobia, but c'mon. Also: We don't need you to edit out nasty words like "normal" in a thread designed for critiquing political cartoons, good or bad. I am trans, also. We don't need you to do that. Thanks.

• Locked thread