Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Murderion
Oct 4, 2009

2019. New York is in ruins. The global economy is spiralling. Cyborgs rule over poisoned wastes.

The only time that's left is
FUN TIME
The Daily Mail is targeted towards the sort of person who thinks pebble dashing is a good idea.*

*Before they find out it reduces the value of their house.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Murderion
Oct 4, 2009

2019. New York is in ruins. The global economy is spiralling. Cyborgs rule over poisoned wastes.

FUN TIME

Jedit posted:

And thus it is shown that Mac can actually be funny when he avoids politics and sexual morality (even if he has no idea how much hash to put in a hash cake).

Or how much cake goes into a hash cake, since one big enough to hide two kilos of weed without anyone noticing would be enough to send a table of delicate old dears into diabetic comas.

Murderion
Oct 4, 2009

FUN TIME

karl fungus posted:

Why is it that David Cameron's caricature is typically some bizarre pinkish rubbery creature with big eyes? Is it referencing something I'm not aware of?

Steve Bell :haw:

Speaking of which, here's today's If...

Murderion
Oct 4, 2009

FUN TIME

Fluo posted:

Daily Express:

Hurrrrrr....... what?

Ah yes, David Cameron, famous for his ginger hair, cowslick, and broad shoulders.

Murderion
Oct 4, 2009

FUN TIME

Fluo posted:

Guardian:

Indy:

Playing Russian roulette with a modified LeMat is less dangerous unless you gently caress it up. A TFR cartoon.

And that If... was the perfect punchline to the week, drat.

Murderion
Oct 4, 2009

FUN TIME

Coohoolin posted:

I'm not seeing the funny side.

It's a bit cleverer than it looks, it's a visual pun. A nickname for Alex Salmond is "wee Ec'" (short for Alec, which is short for Alex, which is short for Alexander - we'll never use a whole syllable up here if we can help it). I'll leave you lads to figure the rest out for yourselves. :smuggo:

But yeah, Bell's never come up with a caricature for Salmond beyond "Scottish", which is a bit of a shame because the fat bastard could do with a better lampooning.

Murderion
Oct 4, 2009

FUN TIME

Coohoolin posted:

Now this is something I find genuinely confusing. Why? What's so bad about Salmond? What is it about him that gets people's sashes in a twist?

He has the same relationship with big business as toilet paper does with the rest of us, see Trump et al. Also he seems to know slightly less about post-independence Scotland's EU position and defense policies than the average poster in this thread.

To be fair, he and his party is good on policy for the most part, and all around they're far more politically savvy than the rest of the clowns in Holyrood (with the possible exception of ~*Annabelle Goldie~*~, although she's a Tory). I just said it because I'd like to see a decent caricature of him, really.

Murderion
Oct 4, 2009

FUN TIME

a pipe smoking dog posted:

The terrifying vacant smiles really freak me out.

It just makes me irrationally angry, it looks like every single person in the comic is silently saying "get it" like they're laughing at the lovely joke. At least it's just mind numbingly stupid rather than mac's brand of middle-England bigotry, I'd punch my screen in if those guys teamed up.

Murderion
Oct 4, 2009

FUN TIME

neck face posted:

I actually see a guy wearing full tweed every morning. Hat, jacket, waistcoat, plus-fours, argyle socks - the whole package. He has to be literally the only person in Southampton dressed like that.

I've seen one in Glasgow. He asked me what my building was as I was leaving work, then followed me and told me that the council high rises we were walking past were filled with immigrants secretly flown into Heathrow at 3 in the morning. Also apparently the only history book you'll ever need is the bible. Possibly a Daily Express reader.

Fluo posted:

Daily Mail:

The head of the NHS incredibly denies that he knew anything about the appalling conditions at the Stafford hospital.

... What? Is this just some idiom I'm not getting?

Murderion
Oct 4, 2009

FUN TIME

Fluo posted:

Guardian:

Excavations for London's Crossrail link have revealed what experts believe to be a "plague pit" from the 14th century.
Hey they're in a massive fur cup!

I really like Rowson's Bozza. No matter what the situation, he's always a massive, gaudy carnival balloon floating over everything doing no loving good to anybody.

quote:

Telegraph:

The Telegraph, on the other hand, is really interesting in their caricatures. Sure, the government is always portrayed as not good enough to face their problems, but the odds are shown as being impossibly stacked against them. Osbourne in this is a weedy little fuckup who can't handle the scrum, but gor bless 'im he's trying.

See also: Gove as a napoleonic general.

Murderion
Oct 4, 2009

FUN TIME

baka kaba posted:

:awesome:

It's amazing how people like Rowson can crank out a visually arresting, complex tableau of metaphors and references in a day, while the Express prints something an eight-year-old drew on their dinner break and still manages to be several days behind the news

Several days? More like a hundred years. Hooray for gunboat diplomacy! :britain:

Murderion
Oct 4, 2009

FUN TIME

Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare
The lone and level sands stretch far away.
:eng101:

Would that it were so.

Murderion
Oct 4, 2009

FUN TIME
I keep seeing a face in the pot plant on the far right.

Murderion
Oct 4, 2009

FUN TIME

Forums Terrorist posted:

amazingly the mac is the least terrible one here

It's hard not to AGC the Torygraph one though. Peace as a capstone on decades of pointless death.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Murderion
Oct 4, 2009

FUN TIME
Eh, barring Norn Iron same sex marriage has passed in the British Isles with support from all political parties. It seems to be a generational thing - the current generation in power don't have anything against homosexuality, and the millenial generation don't consider it an issue at all.

Of course, the :scotland: interpretation is that the tories rushed SSM through to race the Holyrood vote to avoid humiliation on social issues.

• Locked thread