Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Buckwild Dorf posted:

Does Amazon sell DOOM?
It comes in this collection: http://www.amazon.com/Doom-Edition-Online-Game-Code/dp/B00GXHIQLO

But it's been as low as ~$5 before.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Hm. I might have jumped a gun. Mirror's Edge is seven bucks on the sale now and I got that as soon as possible, but my machine's Windows 7 and it says it supports Vista and XP... am I screwed? also how bad is Origin again??

Downs Duck
Nov 19, 2005
"It's only after we've lost everything that we're free do to anything"

postcapt posted:

For those of you looking to buy Dark Souls, Tony posted on CAG that they should get more keys by the end of the day and that the sale would be extended until 2/1 for Dark Souls only.

That's great, because Dark Souls is amazing and no one should miss it.

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Hm. I might have jumped a gun. Mirror's Edge is seven bucks on the sale now and I got that as soon as possible, but my machine's Windows 7 and it says it supports Vista and XP... am I screwed? also how bad is Origin again??

I really enjoyed Mirror's Edge and played it on Windows 7 with no problems at all. Origin is okay, I guess. I never use it though.

Downs Duck fucked around with this message at 19:33 on Jan 31, 2014

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

I played Mirror Edge several times on Window 7 and Window 8 just fine.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Awesome then, ready to see how good this is... in two hours!

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Word to your moms, I came to drop spirit bombs

postcapt posted:

For those of you looking to buy Dark Souls, Tony posted on CAG that they should get more keys by the end of the day and that the sale would be extended until 2/1 for Dark Souls only.

They've got keys back in. Finally bought it, had some gift card balance left over, so Dark Souls for $0.40 isn't too bad.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Drifter posted:

Is Enslaved legitimately good or is it kinda poo poo-but-"cinematic"-so-people-pretend-it's-good like Heavenly Sword?

It's not really poo poo but I'd say its really just okay. I played it way back on the PS3. It's main problem is that it is really, really simple. You run into the same enemies all the time and you use the same strategy to beat them all the time. The platforming, unless they want to hide secrets from you, is all helpfully highlighted with glowing balls so you never get lost. The narrative feels like its missing a pretty big chunk from its middle too.

Honestly, the DLC that's included with the PC version tells a better story with better characters (and one is a robot that can only communicate with emoticon faces). Obviously its shorter, but ultimately its more fulfilling.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Drifter posted:

Is Enslaved legitimately good or is it kinda poo poo-but-"cinematic"-so-people-pretend-it's-good like Heavenly Sword?

It is like Heavenly Sword but with much shittier combat and level design but nicer graphics.

put both hands in
Nov 28, 2007

:swoon:FYFE:swoon:

Downs Duck posted:

A US goon is buying it for me, but I guess I'll have to do this too if I want to activate it on my Norway-registered Steam account? Never had to circumvent a region locked game before.

I've used VPNs previously, but is there anything special I should be aware of when installing/using Spotflux to activate the game on Steam?

Not really. I just installed the regular version (not lite) then launched Steam with it running. The key redeemed fine.

Downs Duck
Nov 19, 2005

Doctor Cave posted:

Not really. I just installed the regular version (not lite) then launched Steam with it running. The key redeemed fine.

Great, thank you.

EDIT: Tested this myself. Closed Steam client, ran Spotflux, started Steam client again, and activated the code and installed the game.

Downs Duck fucked around with this message at 03:43 on Feb 1, 2014

King Keltair
Jul 16, 2001

Dementropy posted:

I was having a problem with the link on the sales page, but searching for Inversion + Enslaved brought me right to the page where I could buy it (at the sweet, sweet discount after the $5 voucher).

Doctor Cave posted:

That happened to me. I ended up searching for it manually and got to the page.

Thanks guys, that worked for me.

Downs Duck
Nov 19, 2005
Cross-posting this from the Steam thread so no one misses it:

In other news, Sleeping Dogs and Sleeping Dogs Bundle is now 60% off AND coupon eligible:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.ht...roup=1&plpage=1

KoB
May 1, 2009
Hey Tony, I bought FF14 the other day, is it possible to upgrade to the Collector's Edition?

surc
Aug 17, 2004

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Awesome then, ready to see how good this is... in two hours!

A) This is the best game, you have made a wonderful decision that will lead to wonderful experiences. But...

B) I really, really, really hope you have a gamepad.

Downs Duck
Nov 19, 2005

surc posted:

A) This is the best game, you have made a wonderful decision that will lead to wonderful experiences. But...

I agree with you that it's probably better with a gamepad, but I played through the whole game with M/K and still had a wonderful time. Only had some trouble disarming guards, but not too often.

Tremors
Aug 16, 2006

What happened to the legendary Chris Redfield, huh? What happened to you?!
It's late in the day but if anyone around has a spare coupon and could hook me up with the enslaved/inversion bundle I'd appreciate it!

http://steamcommunity.com/id/tremors213/

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

Downs Duck posted:

Cross-posting this from the Steam thread so no one misses it:

In other news, Sleeping Dogs and Sleeping Dogs Bundle is now 60% off AND coupon eligible:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.ht...roup=1&plpage=1

If you have two coupons, you can get Sleeping Dogs base games for $8 (-$5), then the dlc pack for $12 (-$5) instead of getting the combo pack for $20 (-5). Double the coupons!

And here's a link to the main game that works http://www.amazon.com/Square-Enix-41017eeping-Dogs1-Sleeping/dp/B007VFH3BQ

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

surc posted:

Oh yeah, got a Wii U pro controller and this doohickey so the computer takes it as a Xinput gamepad.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

KoB posted:

Hey Tony, I bought FF14 the other day, is it possible to upgrade to the Collector's Edition?

You can't do it through Amazon, but Square Enix offers an upgrade in one of the account settings.

Downs Duck
Nov 19, 2005
Nvm, turning in for the night. Help someone else if you have coupons left :)

Downs Duck fucked around with this message at 06:35 on Feb 1, 2014

Cosmic Web
Jan 11, 2005

"Stand and deliver, that my hamster might have a better look at you!"
Fun Shoe
Hey Tony, I planned on using my last coupon to buy a copy of :darksouls:, which was unavailable yesterday, but said to be available today for that reason. Just woke to check again and apparently I missed the window when copies were being sold. Any chance you're getting in new keys before the coupons expire?

Downs Duck
Nov 19, 2005
Jesus Christ, my wallet. And it's one month AFTER the x-mas sales :negative:

But so many good games to play :)

AmazonTony
Nov 23, 2012

I'm the Marketing Manager for Amazon's Digital Video Games group. Feel free to ask me questions about upcoming and current deals. We'll also be doing community giveaways, Q&As with developers, and Podcasts with ++GoodGames.
Hey guys,

What a weekend! The Superbowl was insane...there was literally a dude carrying around a flaming christmas tree last night...

Any Path of Exile fans here?

We've got the currency on sale for 15% off:

http://www.amazon.com/Path-Exile-Points-Online-Game/dp/B00I0A3914?tag=somethingawfu-20

Darkhold
Feb 19, 2011

No Heart❤️
No Soul👻
No Service🙅
I don't know if there's a limit to how many threads you can drop your sales in but both the Steam thread and the Diablo 3 thread in the Blizzard forum have Path of Exile fans in it.

AmazonTony
Nov 23, 2012

I'm the Marketing Manager for Amazon's Digital Video Games group. Feel free to ask me questions about upcoming and current deals. We'll also be doing community giveaways, Q&As with developers, and Podcasts with ++GoodGames.

Darkhold posted:

I don't know if there's a limit to how many threads you can drop your sales in but both the Steam thread and the Diablo 3 thread in the Blizzard forum have Path of Exile fans in it.

Yeah, I don't want to blast it everywhere, I thought about posting there too but I figure that with the two threads I hit someone will tell the other threads.

VodeAndreas
Apr 30, 2009

Darkhold posted:

The Diablo 3 thread has the largest mix of people that both absolutely hate the game for not being Diablo and love it for not being Diablo 3, don't know how well the offer would go down there :v:

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

I would say it's probably a bad idea to advertise a specific game's deal in a different specific game's thread.

AmazonTony
Nov 23, 2012

Breadallelogram posted:

I would say it's probably a bad idea to advertise a specific game's deal in a different specific game's thread.

Yeah, I don't want to be SpammyTony, just AmazonTony.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
SpamazonTony has a nice ring to it.

AmazonTony
Nov 23, 2012

Bard Maddox posted:

SpamazonTony has a nice ring to it.

Next tattoo! Also, if anyone is interested in a crazy pet story, here's the synopsis:

Downs Duck
Nov 19, 2005

He looks guilty too.

Beamed
Nov 26, 2010

Then you have a responsibility that no man has ever faced. You have your fear which could become reality, and you have Godzilla, which is reality.

Hey AmazonTony, do you know why the XCOM: Enemy Within Digital Download price is $10 more than the PC-DVD price right now? Sorry if I'm missing something obvious.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
Has Tony already answered why even older orders of the CE of Bravery Default are finally going to ship by Feb 11 or should I just file that under "Amazon had no idea a JRPG that wasn't SMT IV or FE: Awakening could be so popular"?

PlushCow
Oct 19, 2005

The cow eats the grass

Crabtree posted:

Has Tony already answered why even older orders of the CE of Bravery Default are finally going to ship by Feb 11 or should I just file that under "Amazon had no idea a JRPG that wasn't SMT IV or RA: Awakening could be so popular"?

AmazonTony is "Marketing Manager for Amazon's Digital Video Games team," from the OP, he doesn't deal with physical game sales.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
Sorry, I didn't know if he'd hear about general shipment problems or not.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
Tony, are there any sales for NFS Rivals on the horizon?

Mootallica
Jun 28, 2005

http://www.amazon.com/Need-Speed-Rivals-Online-Game/dp/B00D2CZS9Q/

Probably co-incidental!

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche
Hey AmazonTony, question: what's the deal with Amazon's PSN section? I don't think I've seen many new releases there ever since it opened... I was mainly hoping to see Lightning Returns on there because I have some credit left over, but no luck. Do you know anything about any upcoming updates?

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

7 games for $2 here - http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00IFWTJ16

Cargo Commander, Insecticide, Kung Fu Strike, Legendary, Roogoo, Rush Bros., and Velvet Assassin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I
Kung Fu Strike is a game that would be a lot of fun if it weren't so teeth-grindingly, blood-boilingly difficult.

• Locked thread