Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Darkhold
Feb 19, 2011

No Heart❤️
No Soul👻
No Service🙅

PoshAlligator posted:

Oops just bought Dead Island and Steam says it's not available in my country. So I guess if someone wants to do me a favour I can give you the code for $4.50 PayPal (50 cent saving!!). Unless they like cancel the code on activation or something which would be weird?

Just reply to me and I'll get back to you when I get in.
Just use Spotflux I won Dead Island in a giveaway and had to use it to activate as well. Don't worry Steam doesn't care and after you activate it once you can use it anywhere.

Edit: To be clear steam doesn't care if you activate using some type of VPN. They do care if you try to buy from their store like that however.

Darkhold fucked around with this message at 15:38 on Apr 4, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darkhold
Feb 19, 2011

No Heart❤️
No Soul👻
No Service🙅

Drifter posted:

Tomb Raider installs through Steam and is Steamworks, even if you buy it through Origin, so if that's a thing holding you back, don't worry.
AmazonTony has earned a lot of loyalty in this thread. I know I'd rather give amazon money as opposed to Origin.

Darkhold
Feb 19, 2011

No Heart❤️
No Soul👻
No Service🙅
For the 5 game bundle I'd probably buy a bundle of
Strike Suit Zero
Little Inferno
Galaxy on Fire 2

+ whatever

As for the 10 bundle
Triple Town
Tower Wars
Tiny & Big
Dead Pixel

I've not heard of most of these or already own them.

Darkhold fucked around with this message at 19:09 on May 20, 2013

Darkhold
Feb 19, 2011

No Heart❤️
No Soul👻
No Service🙅
Yeah one thing that needs to be said is that I imagine people posting on the games forum of SA is a pretty self selecting group. There's tons of good games on this list but who here doesn't own Space Chem a few times over at this point?

Nobody here is going to want anything that's appeared already in Humble Bundles but I imagine your average customer might not be aware of these things.

Darkhold
Feb 19, 2011

No Heart❤️
No Soul👻
No Service🙅

Ragingsheep posted:

Does this mean that download version of SR4 is $45 and also has a $5 credit? The $5 credit isn't listed anywhere on the page?
Unless they just changed it since your post it says

Saints Row IV + $5 Credit [Online Game Code]

Darkhold
Feb 19, 2011

No Heart❤️
No Soul👻
No Service🙅

Hakkesshu posted:

I just bought a Saints Row 4 key from Amazon and it doesn't work on my EU account. Amazon sells region-locked keys now!?
I'm pretty sure that's a developer call not amazon's.

I'd bet you can just use Spotflux and get it to register on steam.

Darkhold
Feb 19, 2011

No Heart❤️
No Soul👻
No Service🙅
Just turn on Spotflux and register the game on steam. You should be able to turn it back off again and not have to worry about it.

Darkhold
Feb 19, 2011

No Heart❤️
No Soul👻
No Service🙅
Though I've seen you in the Steam thread you are aware that Bad Rats is treated like an STD on this site? Any inclusion in a bundle would make it less attractive.

As for the rest it's sadly kinda weak. In a world where Humble Bundles pop up weekly a list of budget titles doesn't really have a draw unless it's got a must have or is a really insanely good price.

Darkhold
Feb 19, 2011

No Heart❤️
No Soul👻
No Service🙅
So what's up with the facebook sale? If the deal is live I don't see it on the amazon site.

Darkhold
Feb 19, 2011

No Heart❤️
No Soul👻
No Service🙅

AmazonTony posted:

Hey man,

We had some pricing snafus but we ended up putting it back up and running it through Sunday to make up for it. Did you snag it? If not, we'll have it again in a couple of weeks so you can pick it up then.

Sorry for the delayed response on this.
No harm. I was just looking for something to stress out my brand new video card. Probably saved me some buyer's remorse in the long run. We'll see if I have any extra cash next time it rolls around.

Darkhold
Feb 19, 2011

No Heart❤️
No Soul👻
No Service🙅

orange sky posted:

What VPN do you recommend? I haven't ever used one, I wouldn't know. Also, there's no chance I get banned for it, is there?
As far as anyone can tell Steam does not care about VPNing to activate codes. Only if you try to buy outside of your region through Steam itself.

As the other poster stated Spotflux is pretty low hassle and seems to work fine.

Darkhold
Feb 19, 2011

No Heart❤️
No Soul👻
No Service🙅

Lester Shy posted:

I'm sure this is possible, but I just wanted to make sure first: you can buy keys to gift out on Amazon, right? For example, I could buy a copy of X game on Amazon that comes with a steam key for myself and then buy another copy of that same game and get another key to gift, right? I know some retailers are wonky about not letting you buy extra copies of games that you already own on one account.
Beaten but to double confirm I went on a gifting spree awhile back and have dozens of copies on my account for a few games.

Darkhold
Feb 19, 2011

No Heart❤️
No Soul👻
No Service🙅

BORK! BORK! posted:

If any charitable goon wants to buy this game then they could do me a huge favor and gift me it and I will give them my code? If that even works? :(
Google spotflux. Log out of Steam start spotflux, log back into Steam and redeem your code. Log back out shut down spotflux.

All done.

Darkhold
Feb 19, 2011

No Heart❤️
No Soul👻
No Service🙅

BORK! BORK! posted:

There is a bunch of complaining online about how Steam is banning people's accounts for using VPNs to get games they shouldn't have so I instead used a VPN to create a new account to put the game on so if they do ban the account I only lose 1 game and not 100.
Where are you seeing this? The only times I've heard of such things is people buying the games through Steam which is a big no-no obviously.

Darkhold
Feb 19, 2011

No Heart❤️
No Soul👻
No Service🙅

Wiggly Wayne DDS posted:

Just going to throw this out there but maybe the discussion on circumventing region locks should be moved away from where the rep is?
I seriously don't think Tony is the type of guy to give a crap over regional restrictions (though obviously he can't say as much).

On top of which he cares about Amazon sales not who's trying to get around Steam restrictions.

Edit: Though Tony if you're reading this and think I'm making GBS threads up your thread just PM me and I swear I'll never talk about such things in your thread again. :cheers:

Darkhold fucked around with this message at 22:19 on Nov 29, 2013

Darkhold
Feb 19, 2011

No Heart❤️
No Soul👻
No Service🙅
Great sales as always.

If you don't mind a little feedback my only note would be that the bundles I've looked at are only slightly cheaper than buying the games separately (specifically the Lego ones). No doubt with such deep sales you don't have much room to move but if I was mostly interested in one game in the pack the extra discount on the packs aren't good enough to tempt me into buying more.

Anyway keep up the good work.

Darkhold
Feb 19, 2011

No Heart❤️
No Soul👻
No Service🙅
Heh I emailed support about credit hoping that they'd convert it. Sadly I didn't get lucky (though don't worry I won't flip out in the thread about it). Instead I got this:
8 x $5 towards an NBA 2K14 download :
http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=B00...

$5 towards a Dark Souls download:
http://www.amazon.com/Dark-Souls-Online-Game-Code/dp/B00DGZDFLW/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UT...

$4.99 towards THE MAW download:
http://www.amazon.com/The-MAW-Online-Game-Code/dp/B00BSE17XG/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&...

$14.96 towards The Curse of Nordic Cove Download:
http://www.amazon.com/The-Curse-Nordic-Cove-Download/dp/B00C1O3DRU/ref=sr_1_1?ie...

$1.00 towards the Dynasty of Dusk Download:
http://www.amazon.com/Tropic-Tundra-Games-Dynasty-Download/dp/B00A6CS2NY/ref=sr_...

$5.00 towards Batman: Arkham Origins Download:
http://www.amazon.com/Batman-Arkham-Origins-Online-Game/dp/B00CXTUBH8/ref=sr_1_1...

$10.00 towards Huntsman - The Orphanage Halloween Edition:
http://www.amazon.com/Huntsman-Orphanage-Halloween-Edition-Online/dp/B00CXVA1E4/...

5 x $5.00 towards the 2013 Editor's Choice Games
http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html?ie=UTF8&docId=1000728511

That's alot of promotions that are going to go to waste. I know most of it was received buying for goons anyway so it would have just been free money.

Edit: If anyone wants to take advantage of any of these offers hit me up on Steam. I might use 2 x $5 to buy some Sims Xpacks for my wife but other than that I don't plan on using any of this.

Darkhold fucked around with this message at 14:44 on Jan 12, 2014

Darkhold
Feb 19, 2011

No Heart❤️
No Soul👻
No Service🙅

Rad Valtar posted:

Is that NBA 2K14 credit for the PC version only because I would take it off your hands for my PS4 version if it works.
PC only I'm afraid. Also it doesn't stack so it's only $5 per go.

Darkhold
Feb 19, 2011

No Heart❤️
No Soul👻
No Service🙅

TychoCelchuuu posted:

If you're a big fan of first person shooters, ~the future~, light bloom, Skrillex, or coop, Syndicate is definitely worth $5.

Any chance you still have one of those $5 off things? I can't add friends on Steam for some bizarre reason (maybe my friends list is full?) but this is me in case you still have any left.
Sorted him.

Anyone else feel free to look me up. http://steamcommunity.com/id/Darkhold/

Darkhold
Feb 19, 2011

No Heart❤️
No Soul👻
No Service🙅

AmazonTony posted:

I actually can't view this thread, nor can any of my coworkers, when not logged in.
The paywall is randomly put up. If you're not logged in some days you'll be able to view all the public forums some days it's the cat picture.

It's an effective annoyance. I know I finally paid up because I got tired of being randomly locked out.

vvv Private Servers forum in games as well is always locked. Which is why the Steam Gifting thread is there.

Darkhold fucked around with this message at 16:23 on Jan 23, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darkhold
Feb 19, 2011

No Heart❤️
No Soul👻
No Service🙅
I don't know if there's a limit to how many threads you can drop your sales in but both the Steam thread and the Diablo 3 thread in the Blizzard forum have Path of Exile fans in it.

• Locked thread