Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Do some atheists/agnostics sometimes feign belief to be accepted in a masonic order?

What happens if they're caught?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Thank you for your answers.

Do some people join a Masonic order for influence or to gain connections?
Does it really work?

In France(I know not official Freemasons) we have or have had several government Ministers who are Freemasons.

Edit:Another question, is there a rivalry between Traditional Masonic orders and Continental Masonic orders or is it just "we pretend these guys don't exist" on both sides?

Kurtofan fucked around with this message at 12:04 on Dec 25, 2012

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

stubblyhead posted:

I think it's worth mentioning that there is a regular grand lodge in France, and thus not all Freemasons in France are irregular. The Grande Orient de France I think is the irregular one; I forget how the regular one calls itself.

Yeah but it's the biggest one according to Wikipedia, and the one I've always heard of on the subject of Franc-Maçonnerie.

Kurtofan fucked around with this message at 18:38 on Dec 25, 2012