Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SafetyTrain
Nov 26, 2012

Bringing a knife to a bear fight
What kind of income disparity is there usually in your run-of-the-mill Lodge?

Are there any highly represented professions?

I'd like too know this because I feel the general view of Masons are that they are high-income folks hanging with other high-income folks. I feel this might not be true, or at least false too a certain degree. My own view, not very researched, view on Masons is that they're people seeking similar people. To me this makes for a possibly homogenous group.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SafetyTrain
Nov 26, 2012

Bringing a knife to a bear fight
Thank you all for answering my question. Very interesting that it is even more diverse than I'd imagined it to be. I had another question too:

Where do you think the Masons are most active in the world?
And do you have any theories as to why that is?

To me it feels like it's in the US. But then again I know there are lodges in most European countries, and apparently in Africa if I didn't misread the thread earlier. But the Masons lodge here in Sweden where I live is very discreet and I think it's pretty small. I don't know if most Swedes are even aware that the Masons still operate these days.