Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sockington
Jul 26, 2003
Thanks to you fine goons, sent out a message to a local mason friend. Told him we should have a coffee sometime and talk a little further on the subject.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sockington
Jul 26, 2003
I have a mason friend passing along an application. Looking forward to the process. (:canada: goon here)

Sockington
Jul 26, 2003
Southern Ontario goon here, but when I inquired I was told;
-$200 to join to cover all degree work and previously mentioned costs.
-$79/year to cover dues.

Requirements for joining being two MM signing your application and an in-home interview with three masons. No police checks or anything like that though. :canada:

Sockington
Jul 26, 2003
E:nevermind

Sockington fucked around with this message at 04:24 on Jan 22, 2013

Sockington
Jul 26, 2003

Keetron posted:

Slightly different, but the date is set and I will be raised to MM on the 19th of March. If any of you guys is in the vicinity of Amsterdam, NL, Europe, please drop me a pm as I would be thrilled if you'd visit and be present there.

It might not be entirely clear to you guys, but you are a big facilitator, a big catalyst, how you wish to put it, in my membership of our fraternity. Mr Bill, QPZIL, Lovable Lucifarian are some of the Brothers that were early in the first edition of this thread whose names I remember. You made me think and rethink and think again about my membership and while SA is often misunderstood, I am glad I can call all FM goons my Brother.

I have similar sentiments, but remember your offer to 7th Battalion. :allears:

I've got a petition filled out and plan on meeting with a group of lodge guys this weekend. I'll have both my signatures and be on my way to join the lot of you.

Sockington fucked around with this message at 23:10 on Feb 16, 2013

Sockington
Jul 26, 2003
Tonight I meet a former Masonic Grand Master of Ontario and the other guys from a local lodge that a friend is a member of. Hope this goes well :downs:

Sockington
Jul 26, 2003
Had the PGM sign my application and turned it in. :dance:

Sockington
Jul 26, 2003
If everything goes to plan, I should be voted on in May and then initiated in June before the lodge goes dark for summer. Even if it's after summer, it's all the same in the end. :)

Sockington
Jul 26, 2003
Had a meet-up with a dozen masons at a bar tonight for one of their birthday's.

Had a chance to meet a bunch of guys from various local lodges. Happy I turned an application in. :)

Sockington
Jul 26, 2003

WAFFLEHOUND posted:

If you're young and married you probably don't need quite the same excuse to get out of the house and away from your wife as the guys in their 70s. Just saying.

I'm under 30 and have two kids under 3years old. My interview and initiation can't happen soon enough :f5:

I'm kidding, but a "guy's" night wouldn't be an unwelcome addition to the routine

Sockington
Jul 26, 2003
I had my interview last night and it went well. Should be reported back for the May meeting and might get initiated in June before lodge goes dark.

Sockington
Jul 26, 2003
I was voted in tonight. Initiation to take place in September. :parrot:

Sockington
Jul 26, 2003
Mine is coming up at the end of the month as well. Looking forward to my turn with the goat.

Sockington
Jul 26, 2003
My research has never gone beyond this (and the previous) thread as to not spoil anything. ;)

Sockington
Jul 26, 2003
6hours until I head out for my initiation. Been patiently waiting since spring for this date.

Sockington
Jul 26, 2003
There were actually two of us tonight as well. I went first to have the opportunity at the fresh goat.

Was kind of nice to get to watch the second guy run through as I picked up on a lot more without having to focus on what I was doing or saying.

Oh, and one last thing... brothers

Sockington
Jul 26, 2003
The less you know, the better it is. I kept my reading strictly to this thread and the old one. I'm glad I did as it didn't ruin anything.

Sockington
Jul 26, 2003

Colton posted:

So my lodge's worshipful master is teaching me my first degree work. I'm already panicking about memorizing all of it.

But our lodge is mostly 70 year old men. If they can memorize it, i should be able to

Our current WM is also a PM from 1966, 1968, 1987, 1996, 2000, and 2005. There's some lineage for you :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sockington
Jul 26, 2003
Went to my first general meeting this past week. Even though I'm only an EA, I've already requested changes at the lodge...

I asked if they wouldn't mind if I brought a couple hard ciders for the fridge since I don't drink coffee or beer. Turns out a few of the other guys are into the same drinks and it'll be sorted out for next time. :v: