Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DoubleT2172
Sep 24, 2007

wash bucket posted:

Random thought: but I suddenly remembered that Nielsen Families used to be a thing. I can even remember rumors that so-and-so's family was a Nielsen family and it was treated like a prestigious secret as if our favorite shows would live and die by their whims.

It's a funny idea to think back on now that all our TVs, phones, and apps are constantly reporting our viewing habits and there are numerous open source projects dedicated to stopping it. Meanwhile Netflix is notorious for cancelling everyone's favorite shows after one season because they didn't like the metrics. The future is weird.

My household actually is currently a Nielson family. Had 3 or 4 surveys sent our way, last one was about AM/FM and digital music listening habits
E: I mean, not TV like the article, but we are sent surveys on habits

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoubleT2172
Sep 24, 2007

Anyone have a best in class slim wall mount recommendation? I got a 77" LG C3 last weekend and am having a tough time deciding. I'd like the ability for a small amount of tilt if possible and that's basically it, otherwise as close to the wall as possible and not junk

DoubleT2172
Sep 24, 2007

KillHour posted:

I know you want close to the wall but for a TV that big, an articulating mount is SUPER helpful. You will almost certainly need to get behind it at some point and you don't want to be taking it down to do that.

You are correct, especially since the base has to be attached with screws. I haven't decided on a mount yet but I'll definitely get one that has the ability to be pulled out at least a bit to access the ports

DoubleT2172
Sep 24, 2007

If you ever hear a person say "it's too big it won't fit" they're lying

DoubleT2172
Sep 24, 2007

Check here for TV deals for prime day. There are 2 50" ones as the last posts https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4042176&pagenumber=1&perpage=40

DoubleT2172
Sep 24, 2007

I got a 77" C3 a couple months ago and absolutely love it. Highly recommend

DoubleT2172
Sep 24, 2007

Depends on where your ceiling lights are. I love tilt to be sure the screen won't reflect the light cans in my kitchen when turned on

DoubleT2172
Sep 24, 2007

I'd have kept the box

DoubleT2172
Sep 24, 2007

KillHour posted:

A speaker's job is to move air. To do that, it needs surface area to come in contact with the air, and that surface area needs to be facing the direction the sound goes (i.e., towards you). Slim and surface area are mutually exclusive.

They don't have to be ugly though. Buy a pair of these.

Give a fella a link to those

DoubleT2172
Sep 24, 2007

Nevermind

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoubleT2172
Sep 24, 2007

Watch what makes you happy you goon