Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sri.Theo
Apr 16, 2008
What tv software has the least adverts on it? By which I mean I can remove all the suggestions, pre-installed apps etc. I wanted to get an LG tv but it looks like most of the Home Screen is trying to get me to subscribe to other services.

I know that I can plug in a box, but that’s just another thing to worry about making sure everything works correctly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sri.Theo
Apr 16, 2008

Ruffian Price posted:

You do not have to see the home screen once after set-up, even if you use built-in apps.

So I can set it to go straight to OTA tv for example?

Sri.Theo
Apr 16, 2008
Is there a separate thread for tv box type things? I tried the LG and Samsung software in store and know I’ll hate it, so I’m looking to get a Apple TV or some sort of android TV device - I just want to know if there’s anything in particular to look out for when it comes to HDR etc.

Sri.Theo
Apr 16, 2008

qbert posted:

Just get the Apple TV or the Shield Pro depending on whether you prefer Apple or Android.

Yeah I’ll probably have to do that. In that case is there any way to avoid having multiple remotes for changing the volume, switching ports to watch over the air TV etc?