Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dead Pressed
Nov 11, 2009
Any thoughts on HD antennas? Just cancelled cable and want to get some local news! I've been looking at the Mohu Leaf, looks to be pretty well reviewed. http://www.amazon.com/Mohu-Leaf-Paper-Thin-Indoor-Antenna/dp/B004QK7HI8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1359856252&sr=8-1&keywords=leaf+antenna

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dead Pressed
Nov 11, 2009
I've got a 3.5 year old LG plasma television that has given me some great service. Unfortunately it appears as if bough some issues have started. Last night the picture would have random patches of screen where the color saturation would drop suddenly, pixelize, and kind of flicker. The issue is not consistent, but rather kind of spotty, although frequency is certainly increasing.

Anyone have an idea of what could cause this? I figure it's probably on its way out shortly, should I bother with a repair guy call out fee?

Dead Pressed
Nov 11, 2009
I wired mine to an old shelf stereo system a while back and that worked out pretty well. Cheap shelf units beat the hell out of tv speakers and can be found pretty cheap at a pawn shop. Downside is obviously the usage of shelf space.

How is the sharp aquos line regarded these days? Best buy has a pretty decent looking deal on a 60 inch for like 700, but the model number didn't come up with much info. Would it be worth the extra 200 to get a Bravia?