Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Flowing Thot
Apr 1, 2023

:murder:
Ordered a LG C3 and I've never seen an OLED TV in person before, is there any good Youtube channels or playlists and so on that has demos with good HDR content I can watch and make myself feel good about my purchase? Any movies that are must see in OLED?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flowing Thot
Apr 1, 2023

Thanks for the suggestions will be sure to check them out.

Flowing Thot
Apr 1, 2023

I actually have no idea what that is.

Flowing Thot
Apr 1, 2023

Got my TV and oleds look real nice y’all. I hate the os and settings menu. Awesome otherwise.

Flowing Thot
Apr 1, 2023

qbert posted:

Get a streaming box. Worth it. Makes using the tv much more tolerable.

Way ahead of you I got an Apple TV 4K yesterday. Going to try to use WebOS as little as possible.

Flowing Thot
Apr 1, 2023

Breetai posted:

Resurrecting this question because I've just watched it:

Sin City is basically a must-see. gently caress me, I just finished watching it a few minutes ago and the blacks in it are practically made for this technology.

Oh this is a good idea.

Flowing Thot
Apr 1, 2023

Is it okay to have my LG C3 connected to my PC and turned on but just displaying a perfectly black screen when I'm not using it? I mainly use it for gaming on my PC and don't want to do the dance of turning it off or anything like that when taking breaks.

Flowing Thot
Apr 1, 2023

What is the safe way to clean my C3's screen? I have a few small spots that are of immediate concern and would it safe to use some lens wipes made for cleaning camera lenses?

Flowing Thot
Apr 1, 2023

kri kri posted:

Microfiber and distilled water, or https://screencleanmom.com/

Thanks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flowing Thot
Apr 1, 2023

qirex posted:

Even the services are doing this, for a while Amazon had dynamic range compression turned on by default in their apple tv app and oh man it sounds bad if you have a decent system.

I'm sure everyone in here has seen me post this but if you can possibly manage it in your room get a cheap receiver, 2 bookshelf speakers and some stands. Or a pair of powered speakers. Soundbars, HTiB packages, etc. are generally awful, unless you spend a ton of money at which point they become tolerable. 2 channels of good sound is a million times better than 5-15 channels of plasticky honking.

Apartment living / being a night owl sadly makes this not an option for me (I could sure, but would need to keep the volume real low) so I just listen to everything with my AirPods through my Apple TV. It works pretty well. I tell myself that at least.