Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Toebone
Jul 1, 2002

Start remembering what you hear.
I have a 60" Samsung LED Smart TV. It's developed faded horizontal lines on the left half of the screen, seemingly overnight. Anyone know what this could be? I'm going to call Samsung tomorrow, but would appreciate if anyone has any tips to start off with. I'm going to be pissed if this TV is crapping out after less than two years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toebone
Jul 1, 2002

I was recently given a Samsung NU7100. I've got my PS4 Pro hooked up to it, everything looks great, but occasionally (maybe once every couple hours) the screen will go black with a spinning circle on it for a few seconds. I can still hear the audio (via a sound bar with optical audio from the TV) and the game is running in the background. After a couple seconds the picture comes back. Anyone run into a similar issue or know what might be causing it?

Toebone
Jul 1, 2002

Yeah, I thought it might be the HDMI cable (I was using the old one that had been connect to my PS3) but I got a new cable (the Amazon basics one recommended by Wirecutter) and still have the issue.

I guess I should get the TV online and see if there's an update, I've got no use for the Smart TV stuff so I haven't bothered yet.

Toebone
Jul 1, 2002

I’m looking to pick up a cheap TV today, are any of the low-end brands particularly good or worth avoiding, or are they all pretty interchangeable? Under 40”, under $200.

Toebone
Jul 1, 2002

I’ve got a ~4 year old Samsung LED TV that just lost all brightness on the left 25% of the screen - you can still barely make out the image, but it’s extremely dim. Is there anything I can check or fix, or is it new TV time already?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toebone
Jul 1, 2002

Hadlock posted:

It might be a bad ground you can temporarily fix by giving it a good thump but pretty sure this is God telling you to get a good deal on a C3 while you still can

Are Sony Bravias good? I saw this refurb model today

https://www.microcenter.com/product/665570/sony-xr-55a80k-55-class-(546-diag)-4k-ultra-hd-smart-oled-tv-(refurbished)

Edit: or there’s also this LG

https://www.microcenter.com/product/674241/lg-oled48c3pua-48-class-(482-diag)-4k-ultra-hd-smart-led-tv-(refurbished)

Toebone fucked around with this message at 23:28 on Apr 6, 2024