Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Renzuko posted:

not quite, I talked to a dude who works at costco one time, and apparently costco gets the same product, with a slightly different isbn thing, which explains why when I tried to find a laptop of theirs via my phone I just got costco results.

Yes, this is true. Frequently the models have slightly less features like hdmi ports, ect. to get the cost down a little bit and make cross shopping harder.

I really need to look into buying a 55" TV soon but are the smart tvs worth a drat? I have a PS3 and PS3media server setup but if a smart TV does a better job streaming media I'd love to hear more about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Barry posted:

Yeah, the ST60 looks like the sweet spot, specifically the 60". The Panasonic EPP program has them for $1444 + tax, which is pretty tough to beat.

Thanks for the heads up, I have access to that discount through my employer.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
Finally time to upgrade my 7+ year old Sony, this looks like a good fit for the price:

http://www.costco.com/Sony-60%22-1080p-120Hz-Smart-LED-HDTV-KDL-60W610B.product.100118422.html

Any thoughts?

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
Coworker is selling a Samsung PN58B560 (58") tv for 400 bucks, worth it? It would be in our living room which is not exactly a glare-free environment.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
Why won't the bestbuy moving coupon work? I've been waiting for a chance to use the one sitting in my wallet.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
I'm looking for some ideas for how I can set up my entertainment center--I'm doing a wall mount for my TV and want a better and cleaner setup for the cable box, 360 and PS3.

Are there any galleries of user-submitted pics of their setups?

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

butt dickus posted:

You can install two buttholes in your wall and run cables through them so there's nothing hanging from your TV. I did it and have a little stand underneath that holds the things that connect to the TV.

I've seen these and plan to use one, or a similar snorkel style setup to get the wiring up there, but I'm mostly looking for a gallery of people's home theater setups for ideas on how to set mine up.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
I'm looking at 50-55-60" TVs to replace my 7 year old 42" sony tv

Current contenders are the 50/55 Vizio P-series or 55/60 Sony 800B or 850B series, which all seem to have good specs for gaming.

It sounds like the major faults in the P-series is the limited viewing angle, but I'm thinking this could be mitigated somewhat by installing it on an articulating mount.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

sparticus posted:

I'm still in the same boat as you. I am taking back my 950B for a 800B or 700B this weekend. I keep going back to 4k but it is not a deal breaker.

How is the 700b and 800b different from the 850b?

Im not convinced that 4k is worth adopting right now...my denon receiver isn't compatible either. I've had really good luck with Sony products too

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
http://www.amazon.com/Sony-KDL55W800B-55-Inch-1080p-120Hz/dp/B00HPMCN6K

I'm having a real hard time not pulling the trigger on this--even looking at the stats on Sony's website I can't find any significant differences between this model and the 850B, except this one is cheaper.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
Thanks! I'm ok with the mounting size because I've found an articulating mount that should work with that spacing, and I will be using a receiver and external speakers anyway.

Actually, since sparticus mentioned it, I could save 100 bucks and get a 55" 700B and I wouldn't even miss the 3d.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

sparticus posted:

I'm about to go return the w950b and get the 800 or 700. I will report back once everything is settled.

Bought the 700, couldn't fit it in my shitbox so I'm having it delivered next week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
Any brand recommendations for wall mounts? should i just get whatever has good reviews on amazon?