Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

themachine
Jun 6, 2003

Welcome to the machine
I posted towards the end of the last thread asking for opinions between two TVs, an LG and a Toshiba.

Well, I went with the LG, this one right here.
http://www.amazon.com/LG-32LM6200-3...=panasonic+ut50

After having it for awhile now, I have to say it is a great TV, and works in my bedroom perfectly. Thin, lightweight, and the picture looks good. It does have that truemotion/whatever thing, but you can easily turn it off. I've been using it to watch an HD Comcast box, my Xbox 360, Blu-Rays, and Netflix through the TV's built in app. Overall, everything has worked perfectly, including the built in Wi-Fi, it hasn't cut out even once or anything.

Also, I needed a wall mount for the TV, and decided to go with this one here.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000WYVBR0/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00

It seems like a cheap no name one, but the positive reviews were overwhelming. I'm glad I listened to them, it is a great mount. Rock solid steel, the mount itselft probably weighs at least 5 pounds. The joints come stiff from the factory, but they are very easily loosened or tightened. I mounted it to my wall by just bolting it straight into the stud, and it is rock solid, feels like I could do pull-ups off it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

themachine
Jun 6, 2003

Welcome to the machine

Thom P. Tiers posted:

http://www.lg.com/us/tvs/lg-32LM6200-led-tv

I am planning on getting this TV, but I have never ordered a TV from the internet before. Can anyone make me feel better about shipping a TV to my doorstep? I would really rather go into a store and get this, but I can't find it anywhere but amazon. Also, anyone have experience with this TV at all? I have an older model LED LG and I love it.

I got this exact same TV almost exactly a month ago now. I bought mine on Amazon, and had no problems with the shipping or any damage from it. You should be fine. Maybe buy some optional shipping insurance if it is an option and not too expensive?

I love this TV. I needed one for my bedroom that I could mount on an articulating wall mount, and it has worked perfectly so far. The picture is great, the wifi works great, the remote is pretty neat for being a little bit of a gimmick (basically, like a Wii-mote for your TV), and the smart apps and 3D work well too. I've only had two issues, both pretty minor. I had to look around a bit online and read up on it to figure out the best picture settings (even though honestly, leaving it stock is probably fine for most, I don't notice a huge difference). Also, I had an issue where the power in my neighbor hood kept going on and off, on and off for about 10 minutes while I wasn't home. The TV wasn't damaged, but it erased my Wifi setting so I had to reconfigure that aspect once I was home. Overall, I would highly recommend it, it's a great set.

themachine
Jun 6, 2003

Welcome to the machine

Aphrodite posted:

There are very few 3D options at 32" from what I've seen.

For example, on Amazon there's only 4 that show up and only 2 of those are available new. And they're 2011 models.

I've been looking too, because I'd like to have 3D but I do not have the space for anything larger than 32 right now.

I have this exact TV.

http://www.lg.com/hk_en/tvs/lg-32LM6200

I didn't buy it specifically for the 3D, I just wanted a nice screen with smart features, but I can say that it works pretty well. It's also nice that the tv comes with 6 sets of glasses and it's the type where you don't need batteries for them. I'd highly recommend this TV to anyone. I've had zero problems, and after a little tinkering with the settings, it looks great. The built in Wi-Fi is a nice bonus too.