Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Just give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have.

Wait...wait.

I worry what you just heard was...
"Give me a lot of b4con_n_3ggs."

What I said was...
"Give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have"

...Do you understand?
I'm looking for an opinion or three about the choice between this: (LG 55" Led/Lcd 3d (passive) 120hz model: 55LM4600)

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/LG+-+55%22+Class+-+LED+-+1080p+-+120Hz+-+3D+-+HDTV/7135343.p?id=1218831022736&skuId=7135343&st=LG

and this: (Panasonic 55" Plasma 3d (active) model: TC-P55UT50)

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/dreldar...=1376258&loc=01

I'm a sucker for wanting to use the 3d I know, but I would probably use it.

They are real similar in price and size, but I just don't have the depth of knowledge when it comes to what they offer. (840 for the plasma, 800 walmart price match for the LED)

Please help my indecisiveness!

Comfortador fucked around with this message at 20:27 on Jan 10, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Wait...wait.

What I said was...

...Do you understand?
Actually thats one of my concerns, the Panasonic I linked only had 2 HDMI ports which is crazy to me.

Its good that it appears to be a good choice, I just wanted to make sure I was getting the most for my money quality wise.

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Wait...wait.

What I said was...

...Do you understand?
Right now I'm running an optical audio cable from my TV to my Receiver and all the HDMIs are plugging into the TV.

I'm sure I could make do.

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Wait...wait.

What I said was...

...Do you understand?
I ended up getting a good deal on an open box Samsung PNE7000FF (60" Plasma)

My old GM from Best Buy gave it to me for 1299. My TV guru said that was an amazing deal, so I swallowed the extra cost and pulled the trigger.

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Wait...wait.

What I said was...

...Do you understand?
I bought this antenna awhile back and it worked great for me for local HD, but I recently moved where my antenna doesn't necessarily have access to a window. Is there a better option for an indoor antenna that will be as close to flawless as possible for picking up local HD channels?

This is my current antenna: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004QK7HI8/ref=wms_ohs_product?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Wait...wait.

What I said was...

...Do you understand?
I recently bought the TCL 55R615 and I had some 4k movies on a 2TB Hd. They were working fine, but now all of the sudden the TV doesn't see the hard drive. Any ideas? I reformatted and copied them back over to no avail. It's NTFS which I read online wasn't supported, but if thats the case why did it work before?

edit: I did more research and TCL recommended trying to hook up the USB 3.0 HD with a USB 2.0 cable. I think that may have worked although it doesn't explain why it worked before. God thats poo poo though, it's "loading" every 10 seconds. What the gently caress is the point of having the capability of streaming video if you can't handle the tech your TV can put out?

Comfortador fucked around with this message at 02:34 on Aug 24, 2018

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Wait...wait.

What I said was...

...Do you understand?
Hisense 65h8g (2020) for 699 vs a Tcl 65R625 (2019) for 749.

I'm usually a Tcl guy but the Hisense gets really good reviews and is newer. The only knock is its Android tv.

Opinions? Advice?

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Wait...wait.

What I said was...

...Do you understand?
I may use it occasionally, but if it is a problem I'll probably use my Xbox until I hook up my ps4 pro to it.

Comfortador fucked around with this message at 13:50 on Jun 11, 2020

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Wait...wait.

What I said was...

...Do you understand?
Now more drama for my indecisive rear end. Best Buy has the TCL 8 series on sale for $999, thats a $300 difference from the Hisense H8G, but I'm wondering if at that price its better bang for your buck.

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Wait...wait.

What I said was...

...Do you understand?

BonoMan posted:

I think the 8 series was ultimately a disappointing series for what they were promising but likely still a good bit better than the H8G

300 dollars better?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Wait...wait.

What I said was...

...Do you understand?
I have a Hisense 65H8G and watching movies/shows that aren't super hi def I notice a lot of pixelation surrounding light sources in dark scenes. Is that just normal for the budget TV I bought? Or does it need calibration or something? I'll see if I can get a shot of it in case someone wants to see it. I guess I originally thought it was what to expect with a cheaper TV but the RTINGS review for it talks about it's deep blacks. I was like...wait what?

Any ideas?

Edit: actually in the Rtings local dimming video they post you can see it with the white shapes that move slowly across the display. I guess maybe thats just the breaks with LED?

Comfortador fucked around with this message at 21:16 on Oct 27, 2020