Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

edgar_
Sep 4, 2003

kampen mot gud og hvite krist er i gang
Grimey Drawer
I'm looking for a 40-46" 1080p TV, don't care about 3D, smart stuff is optional but cool (willing to get a Roku or something instead though). Mostly HD TV, sports, blu-ray, netflix, Pandora, etc. General usage. I have Sony receiver/bluray player so Sony is a plus, even though my Bravia just died after slightly over 3 years of use so I'm bitter and vengeful toward it. Low energy usage/"green" stuff is a plus. I have a wifi access point right next to it so built-in wifi isn't necessary. I dig the features from the Panasonic linked in the first couple of posts, the TC-P50ST50, but I don't need anything that big. My old one was 40 and that was plenty as I have a small living room, though I'd bump up a bit if I can afford to.

Thanks goons!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

edgar_
Sep 4, 2003

kampen mot gud og hvite krist er i gang
Grimey Drawer
So, update on my dead TV from above. Old one was a Sony Bravia 40", three years old, up and died and Sony no longer manufactures the main board for it so it's kaput. They offered me a recertified version of the same model for $329 including tax and shipping. I have the option of getting a new 42" Bravia for $588 from Amazon after tax, or finding another brand, or whatever. Plus then buying a Roku - but that might be a better option than continuing to use smart TV features anyway.

Any thoughts on recertified/refurbished Sony stuff vs new? And Sony vs other brands?