Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mcsuede
Dec 30, 2003

Anyone who has a continuous smile on his face conceals a toughness that is almost frightening.
-Greta Garbo
Not sure if this is the right thread, but I'm looking for a mount like http://www.dynamicmounting.com/ that a) is available b) is cheaper, if possible.

I know the "tv above a fireplace" is a common complaint in IYG but we don't have another mounting position that makes sense and are dreading looking up. This mount style seems perfect.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcsuede
Dec 30, 2003

Anyone who has a continuous smile on his face conceals a toughness that is almost frightening.
-Greta Garbo
Hi all,

We need a TV for our office (work, not home) that we'll be using to cast our desktops over to for meetings (marketing). View distance ranges from 4' to 12' (depending on which side of the table you're at...). I have a Sony KDL-48W600B on order but I'm a bit concerned we should have gone larger. I went with the Sony as color accuracy and neutrality is important as there will be some design review done on it, however I've also heard good things about the LG IPS panel TVs. Our max budget is $900 but I can stretch it a bit if the case is strong enough.

Thoughts?

mcsuede
Dec 30, 2003

-Greta Garbo

sellouts posted:

It seems very strange to be doing design reviews on a >48" television, especially when your budget is $900. That being said you're in the range at 48" but could go 55" if you're worried about the back half of that. I'm not sure I'd want to sit 4' from a 55" tv though.

The Sony KDL55W800B is 929 on Amazon via a 3rd party seller and I bet you could call somewhere else to get a better price. It's a superior TV.

How much are you going to spend on calibrating it or are you just hoping for out of the box color to be good?

It's not for formal reviews but will be used for adhoc discussions and small team meetings as opposed to using a projector. Most of the time it will be displaying analytics dashboards. I'll be hardware calibrating it with an i1 Display Pro (it'll have a dedicated cpu backpack). I'll look around for a deal on a KDL55W800B if the 48" we get in seems too small, thanks.

mcsuede fucked around with this message at 13:52 on Mar 9, 2015