Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

serebralassazin
Feb 20, 2004
I wish I had something clever to say.
It could be the cable. Also make sure you have enhanced HDMI or whatever on in the settings on the LG.
Actually, if you're using the cable that came with the xbox it shouldn't be that. Check that setting though. I don't think it's on by default.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

serebralassazin
Feb 20, 2004
Yes they're different. QLED is a LED tv that uses quantum dots. OLED is an entirely different type of display.

serebralassazin
Feb 20, 2004
Yea, I actually forgot about QD-OLED. Also, it really is an OLED that utilizes quantum dots. My friend actually just got the Alienware QD-OLED and says it looks amazing. Haven't been able to see it yet unfortunately.

serebralassazin
Feb 20, 2004
I would think if you are looking for less ads and tracking you would probably be better off with an Apple TV or getting an android tv and customizing it as the user before me mentioned.

serebralassazin
Feb 20, 2004
I may back that as well. My harmony still works fine but it's years old so would be good to have a replacement lined up. Thanks.

serebralassazin
Feb 20, 2004
TCL 6 series has been on sale at Best Buy recently. I think the 65 inch was like $600 the other day.

serebralassazin
Feb 20, 2004
Apparently they actually had prototypes of smaller sizes like 50 and 63 on hand. I think this video shows them.

https://youtu.be/G4_oGaryiwc

serebralassazin
Feb 20, 2004

bull3964 posted:

Yeah, but they aren’t planning on selling them. So it seems likely it’s prototype process to get that density that’s probably absurdly expensive.

Oh yea I'm sure if these things materialize down the road they'll be heinously expensive. We will be using QD-OLED and regular OLED for years to come.

serebralassazin
Feb 20, 2004
Good point. Oh man, I remember SED. Sucks it never went anywhere.

serebralassazin
Feb 20, 2004
I have cable matters HDMI 2.1 cable for my ps5 and Denon receiver and it's been working fine with VRR and 120hz output.

serebralassazin
Feb 20, 2004
I'm dreading the day my harmony dies.

serebralassazin
Feb 20, 2004
I got these cables and they work fine with my ps5. Also tried out on a series x and had no issues.

Cable Matters [Ultra High Speed HDMI Certified] 3-Pack 48Gbps 8K HDMI Cable 6.6 ft / 2m with 8K@60Hz, 4K@240Hz and HDR Support for PS5, Xbox Series X/S, RTX3080/3090, RX 6800/6900, Apple TV, and More https://a.co/d/92LGX0I

serebralassazin
Feb 20, 2004
Don't Mediatek chips have one of the 2.1 ports also as the eARC port? So if you use a sound bar and have a ps5/series s|x/PC you'll lose out on one of the 2.1 ports.

serebralassazin
Feb 20, 2004
I agree with you. I think you're better off with a receiver and stereo speakers instead of a sound bar but to each their own.

serebralassazin
Feb 20, 2004
I use a cable matters HDMI cable with my ps5 and oled TV. Don't have any issues with VRR or 120hz output.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

serebralassazin
Feb 20, 2004
Sounds cool. Hopefully doesn't go the way of SED.