Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

plester1
Jul 9, 2004

Number_6 posted:

In looking at current HDTVs, I'm pretty horrified with how limited the inputs/outputs are compared to my 2005 Panasonic plasma. Granted the market is extremely price competitive, so maybe they don't feel as inclined to put a complete set of inputs/outputs on a $600 TV as they did on a $2000-3000 TV. But the following things are missing on most new models:

Should have at least two component inputs, many only have one
S-video input
Composite video input that is independent from either component input
Composite Video Out
Analog Audio Out

I know someone will tell me to stop using my array of lovely 1980s accessories with a 21st-century display, but I'd still like to be able to if the need arises.

Do you use an A/V receiver at all? I could give a drat about any inputs on a TV, it only needs a single HDMI and everything hooks up through the receiver.

edit: It's also the fact that buyers prefer thinner TVs much more than keeping 80s inputs. You wouldn't be able to make these TVs less than 1/2” thick with all those connections.

plester1 fucked around with this message at 06:48 on Jan 16, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

plester1
Jul 9, 2004

My ST50 lets you switch inputs to Game mode, which seems to eliminate any lag...do those numbers you quoted account for that?