Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
The Black Friday deal combined with eBay's holiday coupon can get you a Samsung S95C 65" for under $2k (before taxes) this weekend.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/1660451144...e26ce3c69664ec7

I'm seriously considering it. The one downside is the place I'd want to move my current 55" to would be the alcove in the master bedroom, but it's like...an inch and a half too narrow to fit the 55" flush. >_>

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Astro7x posted:

Amazon is what I usually do. Any time you do a return at an Amazon Fresh store you don’t have to pack it yourself and they give you a 20% off coupon!

Going to try this. I didn’t know fiber optic HDMI cables were a thing…

Amazon Basics HDMI Fiber Optic Cable, 18Gbps High-Speed, 4K@60Hz, 2160p, 48-Bit Color, Ethernet Ready, 30 Foot, Black https://a.co/d/3VPG3GA

The PS5 also has a 4k transfer rate toggle at the bottom of the video options. Some TVs are just weird, and you can adjust the rate to a -1 or -2 if you see flickering. That might fix it. (But it likely means you'd have to switch it back and forth depending on which TV you're using.)

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
I just bought the LG C3, and it's really nice.

Honestly, the old C1 model was already pretty far ahead of the P-series. The C3 will probably blow your brains out. (I replaced my own Bravia with it.)

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
The trick to LG TVs is to not create an LG profile on set-up, then immediately go into settings and switch the home display on start-up to be your receiver input and not the OS home screen.
Then immediately forget it is a smart TV. Hell, if you're bold, don't even connect it to your home network.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

TheOneVader posted:

Holy poo poo, that's a lot.

My CX65 developed issues at 3 years and 5851 hours.

Part of me wishes I sized up with the new C3 but I didn't feel like spending more.

I got a C3 65" for black Friday and it's been great.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Branch Nvidian posted:

Don't know about their other sets, but the 2022 Frame with the white remote is infuriating because they didn't put an input button the remote. It takes at minimum four button presses to just get to the screen to change inputs.

That's what receivers are for. You should only ever have one input going into the TV. :v:

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Hadlock posted:

Even if this is true, there's no guarantee they won't change the rules later. My Samsung periodically shows ads for Hyundai or whatever in the UI that I can't opt out of, plus it's probably listening to me :tinfoil:

The trick is to never connect your TV to the internet. Or at most, disconnect it or change your access point after initial set-up. If you wanna get real froggy, open up the back and rip out the wi-fi and BT antennas. :getin:

Samsungs are a real bitch because you can't even turn off the bluetooth. They're considered a huge security risk in government buildings, but idiot property and executive types still buy them.

AlternateNu fucked around with this message at 23:36 on Mar 21, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
I will say. I got a pair of these for my floor standers and they sound awesome.

https://www.accessories4less.com/ma...!specifications