Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

phosdex
Dec 16, 2005

I got a samsung qn90b so I could watch tv with the blinds open.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

phosdex
Dec 16, 2005

Vintersorg posted:

I legit love the LG OS esp with the motion control remote. It's fast and just works. I use Plex, Disney+, Netflix, and Prime on my tv.

I hate that motion thing on the remote.

phosdex
Dec 16, 2005

Biodome posted:

I was looking at getting one of those Denon or Onkyo HDMI 2.1 receivers from Costco but I realized I don't have any speakers for them, or really any idea what to do once I get the receiver. Is there a guide for setting up your first home theater system? Recommended speakers/subs to buy for this kind of unit?

Denon AVR S760H 7.2ch 8K AV Receiver

Onkyo TX-NR6050 7.2-Channel AV Receiver

Anyone got experience with either of them?

I have the Denon, and although it can do more speakers, I'm running just 2.1. Works for me. Speakers and subs really gonna come down to your budget and room.

phosdex
Dec 16, 2005

Gonna pay for each hdmi port and get the earc addon.

phosdex
Dec 16, 2005

How would you pack up a 65" tv to move a long distance? I threw the box out after a couple months. Thinking maybe I'll try local subreddit for somebody who recently bought a tv and was about to throw their box out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

phosdex
Dec 16, 2005

I got klh model 5s and love the look. Sound pretty good too.