Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kraven Moorhed
Jan 5, 2006

So wrong, yet so right.

Soiled Meat
Unlike these ballers preceding me (god I wish I could splurge), I'm looking for something a bit more humble for using my PS3 in my bedroom. It'd be on a shelf a few feet away from the foot of the bed. I'm looking for something:
  • larger than 22 inches
  • price limit is $250-ish, but the lower the better
  • 1080p would of course be sweet, but I can deal with 720 I guess

Is this a pipe dream? My searching so far has lead me to believe I can only find extremely unreliable models in that range, but I'm hoping some year-end sales might give me some luck. Ebay shows some shifty deals on 32 inch LGs with no returns so I'm obviously a bit skeptical about that. I just need something dependable and cheap.

Edit: Holy poo poo, nevermind. Just found this deal on woot for a 32 inch, 1080p LCD refurb from JVC that seems to get pretty decent reviews for $200. This something I should jump on? If so, is the $50 price jump (and a $10-ish jump in warranty, which I'm definitely getting) worth it for 5 inches more size?

Kraven Moorhed fucked around with this message at 14:13 on Dec 27, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kraven Moorhed
Jan 5, 2006

So wrong, yet so right.

Soiled Meat

Blue Footed Booby posted:

Most games actually render below 720p, usually 1024x600 so 1080p won't help at all for gaming. Sorry if you already know this, I just made the mistake of getting a mediocre 1080p screen in college instead of a good 720p one because I didn't' realize it really is MOST games.

True, but this is also for Netflix and Blu-Ray usage. And I'm looking around and not seeing anything near $250 for a 37 inch, which is becoming more and more tempting as I look at it.