Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ROJO
Jan 14, 2006

Oven Wrangler
Just pulled the trigger on a 77 G3 - does anyone have a preferred recessed box to go in the wall behind it? I just need it to have an outlet for power, and a place to snake a single HDMI and ethernet up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ROJO
Jan 14, 2006

Oven Wrangler
So, switched from an old 65" Samsung TV from 2016 to a 77" G3. Huge upgrade, obviously. The TV is hooked directly to a Denon receiver (AVR-X3300W) that then has about 6 or 7 HDMI devices hanging off it (chromecast, PS4, switch, UHD blu-ray player, various other niche HDMI consoles, etc)

In the past, I always had CEC issues with some sources just generally not working, and I was under the impression this was due to the number of devices hooked up, and CEC maxing out at 4 devices or something. If I changed configurations, the specific sources that didn't work would usually change around, but usually some worked and some didn't and I lived with it. Everything either worked fully with CEC up and down the chain, or didn't work at all - it was totally binary.

Now what is happening is that my sources that seems to 'work' with CEC in the current setup (chromecast, PS4, etc) will only turn the TV on, but not the receiver. The passthrough video works fine, but I get no audio without the receiver on. Turning the TV off, or shutting the video source down, properly turns everything off up and down the chain, including the receiver. Other sources, as before, just continue to have no response whatsoever with either the receiver or the TV via CEC - which is unchanged. So unlike before, now the CEC behavior on the 'working' devices, is lopsided. It doesn't fully turn everything in the chain on, but everything in the chain shuts down properly - which seems odd.

Any ideas on how to trouble shoot this or things I could do to try to resolve this? It is annoying to have to get my receiver remote out every time I turn things on.

Hopefully what I have written all makes sense - let me know if it doesn't.

ROJO fucked around with this message at 04:42 on Mar 30, 2024