Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...
Its a good start, FFG does those videos for almost everything now, all of their LCGs, the android cardgame (Infiltration?) as well as a few of their newer boardgames. FFG is probably one of my favorite trad games companies right now, even if their rules could use some more time in the oven before release!

I have two copies of the core set for SWTCG on hold for me right now waiting on my next order. Looking forward to it.

e: yeah go here http://www.youtube.com/user/FantasyFlightStudio and on the right side you can see their playlists, it has one for each of the games that they have vids for.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...
I actually really like the FFG brand sleeves, they are suitably durable and I haven't had any problems with them, the mini ones (Yellow) are a bitch to put those tiny cards into though.

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...
I think its probably a little early to be worried about things being OP, it could just be the composition of the base set, and it could be that the two ides play so differently that people need to grasp how to win as the dark side, delay tactics seem to be the name of the game, get that Deathstar counter up.

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...

jivjov posted:

Oh I know the mentality behind it, I just didn't know how important having duplicates was in this particular game. The pre-built decks seem to run pretty well without having any duplicates.

I would say it comes down to playing for fun, or wanting to be competitive, if you plan to go to local stores and play, get two boxes, if friends come over and use your decks, then one core should be fine.

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...

jivjov posted:

Any word on exactly when to expect the first Hoth pack? I know "Q1 2013", but I haven't heard of anything nailing it down more concretely.

My distributor has them dated for February

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...

Dominion posted:

I think the big issue with co-op, to be honest, was that if you have a Star Wars game people will want to play Darth Vader and Boba Fett. Can't do that in light side co-op.

Unless they designed the mechanics so that you can play either side and the opposite becomes the game side :D, character, event, and item cards could be the same, but the automation cards could be generic enough to be used on either side.

• Locked thread