Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!
So 2 things, first of all, this game is on OCTGN so feel free to play there!

Second, I'm starting to suspect the gamebalance is broken as is. Rebels have a bunch of combos that, when combined, are just ridiculously strong. My Rebels deck has not lost a single game, and I've played about 15+ with them now. It's also really frustrating to play against.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Feeple posted:

Oringinally, they were building an LCG for Star Wars that used most of the rules from the Lord of the Rings LCG. People got upset that it wasn't going to be a competitive game, and they rebuilt.

This isn't really what happened.

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Feeple posted:

Really? That was the story I was told. What did happen?

They wanted to make a coop game. Some of the mechanics were superficially similar to those of LoTR, which was then jumped on by nerds who really hated the idea of a coop game to say that "theyre just making the same game". To give an example of why this was wrong, it'd be like saying that the Star Wars LCG as it stands today is exactly the same as the Warhammer Invasion LCG, because they both have 6 factions divided in 2 groups with 3 factions on each side and what basically amounts to minor factions in the faction-specific neutral cards. It's true that the games are similar in this way, but it's patently false that therefore they are the same game.

From the mechanics they had already spoiled, I for one was very excited, not because it was Star Wars, because I could care less for Star Wars, but because they seemed like real improvements over the LoTR mechanics and I love me some coop games. Anyway, they then after a long period of not saying much about the game suddenly cancelled it out of the blue because they were not happy with the result and would rather go back and make an entirely new game than release it. Whether that was due to pressure from nerds on the forums getting angry or not I don't know. There was then almost a full year of silence in which it wasn't clear if they're making a new coop game or making a competitive game or somehow some kind of hybrid, and then they came out with the first announcements of what we have now.

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

I feel like the new Vader actually works better with the lightsaber than the old one, given how the lightsaber wants you to attack and the new one is better at that. You lose all that sweet, sweet force-chokiness though.

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Ofcourse Fett sucks, he forgot his blaster and his armour.

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

6 tournament legal objectives that are all going to be limit 1x per deck. So expect some potentially strong cards.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

PaybackJack posted:

Amazing ability text. Less than impressive icon line. If those were Tactics instead of Blast, well that would be awesome. Blast is interesting though, gives her some synergy in Imperial decks for Offensive strategies, the other cards in her set don't really have much synergy with Imperial though so I guess you'd have to splash the Imperial into a Sith deck.

You're wrong. She gets basically guaranteed targeted strike, as the first card ever on the dark side. What you want to do with targeted strike is attack and ruin poo poo, which 2 unit damage lets her do. If you are attacking anyway, blast damage is pretty swell. She's pretty unstoppable on her offense, given that she brings her own shield to stop tactics, has 3 hp and her set comes with her own protectors, which you can easily combine with emperor's royal guard to just go totally nuts. Those new protectors by the way, 2 unit damage, which is so so strong for 2 cost on dark side. The objective itself works solidly with sith control, and the 4 cards we know so far bring 7 force icons. It's an amazing objective set for Sith, who really needed more great sets. Hey wait a minute....

• Locked thread