Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

Red Robin Hood posted:

Release date on Amazon of December 30th, 2012
You can pre-order it here: http://amzn.to/V4EZ0Y

:siren::siren:Available NOW @ CSI https://www.coolstuffinc.com/p/165442 :siren::siren:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

I got my first couple of plays in today with my old man, using the pre-built Navy and Rebel decks. It seemed pretty fun, and it wasn't entirely lopsided! I actually enjoyed how swingy the gameplay can be, and the edge battles are a pretty interesting mechanic. Not sure if I can justify another LCG habit besides Netrunner, but so far it's fun as a board game.

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

Completely different games, imho. I like Netrunner as a competitive game, with very intensive deck building. If you like the asymmetry of Star Wars, give Netrunner a shot. Netrunner features a lot of bluffing and hidden information that I haven't found in many other card games. The flavor of Netrunner is great as well: the cards fit the theme, and when the art matches the mechanics, you know its going to be fun.

Example:

He's hacking from a toilet :v:

If I had to choose just one, it would be Netrunner. I haven't played Star Wars more than last night (several games), so take that as you will.

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

Netrunner is too much for my old man. He thinks the Star Wars theme is fun, and the game doesn't require deck building to be fun. The more I think about it, the more I'm most likely going to buy another core set and the force packs because gently caress me I can't hold on to my money when it comes to cardboard :negative:

If your girlfriend would play a Star Wars game, it is definitely worth picking it up :)

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

Touche. I used to play MtG. Now I spend 100+ a month on boardgames :(

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

omnibobb posted:

How is everyone keeping all their cards organized?

Fits both playsets in each pocket.

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

omnibobb posted:

I am just going to fill this thread with stupid newbie questions.

There are only 3 force packs out right now correct? FFGs site is all screwy for me to pin that down.

Yup. the 4th should hit next week-ish.

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

omnibobb posted:

If I have an objective that can generate 3 resources and I spend 2 to bring in a card, is that objective now "readied" and I cant spend the 1 remaining?

Yup.

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

This Deluxe Expansion is way cooler than I thought it was going to be. Not only do we get a new objectives each (I have a feeling they will be one-ofs, otherwise the card count math is really wonky.), but 2-3 Vs. 1 and 2 vs. 2. I'm pretty excited to see how the game feel is, and looking forward to further details on the common reserve and support combat.

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

Crevic posted:

There's more card spoilers on the Balance of the Force About page. http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_npm_sec.asp?eidm=200&esem=1&epmi=s

"A single copy of Balance of the Force contains a complete playset of each new card!"

"The six affiliations of Star Wars: The Card Game each gain a new objective set from Balance of the Force. These objective sets are each “Limit 1 per objective deck”"

Dash Rendar and Mara Jade make me so happy. Now all we need is a Kyle Katarn (Which I'm sure is coming since the Xwing miniatures game will have him)

Yay! My math worked out then. Seems we also get a new DS dial :woop:

E: I don't really play this game competitively, but I am super excited to get this set and do some sweet 2 vs 2. I wonder how they are going to support the multiplayer playstyle in the future... I know we haven't even received the first Expansion, but I wonder if they are going to keep this format strictly in the realm of Deluxe expansions, or litter them in the Force Cycles. One Force Pack could contain an entire preconstructed deck.

Carteret fucked around with this message at 07:31 on Jul 16, 2013

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

jivjov posted:

It is confirmed that you have to buy 2 of the expansions to get complete playsets, correct?

Yup. Plus side is you get 22 complete Objective sets.

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

jivjov posted:

I wish they'd just put out a higher price point box with 22 complete playsets rather than making people buy 2 boxes, wasting all that packing material.

Damned if they do, damned if they don't. We get either:

a)A perfectly serviceable box at a reasonable price point by itself, with the option to buy 2 for complete play sets for high level play.

b)A box that has a full play set of 11 objective sets.

c)A complete 22 objective set box that costs equal to or greater than a core set box.

You then get complaints that a)you have to buy 2 from competitive players/completionists, that b)the box didn't add enough content for the price point, or that c)it's too expensive and no casuals would even consider the investment.

FFG has me by the wallet for 2 LCGs. I know people who keep up with the content for 3 or more. Still prefer this model to M:TG.

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

I don't think you can attack or defend with a focused unit, but everything else looks right.

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

Did you not see IG-88 in the fan?! :swoon:

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

Swagger Dagger posted:

I'm glad they finally announced the next cycle, I was getting worried it was slipping to 2014, if they didn't lose the license altogether.

This gets mentioned all the time, and debunked constantly, but just in case you still weren't positive:

In a recent podcast, Steve Horvath, VP of FFG, talked at length with Team Covenant about stuff in general. A topic was the license, and there is no fear or decent conversation at all that they are going to lose the license any time in the near future. They are just making too much money for Disney or anyone for that matter to mess this up.

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

Yeah, you get seven(!!) copies of an objective that you shuffle into your deck:

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

I've been super excited to get my hands on Balance of the Force, and yesterday FFG snuck in the full rules to the set on the support page along with the new FAQ and tourney rules.

http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_news.asp?eidn=4423

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

PJOmega posted:

You could try talking with this guy. http://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsLCG/comments/1qaqt6/im_looking_to_quit_anyone_knowing_someone_to_join/

If he sold the promo stuff seperately you could talk him down to $100 doubtlessly.

I emailed they guy in regards to the promos only... The whole lot got sold locally about an hour ago. :(

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

PJOmega posted:

Sorry to hear it.

I don't know how I feel about promos in SWLCG due to the deck construction nature. If an opponent plays force choke, I can check the set # and see if he's running Palp or Vader (likely both but still). At least for the pod iconics it's pretty obvious if they play an arrabeckistan Luke/Boba/Squadron which pod they're from.

I just wanted copies of the Regional IDs since there wasn't a SW Regional closer than 8 hours away :v:

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

Nope. There was one listing for 40 dollars on ebay but it timed out.

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

I may take you up on that!

Regarding worlds, You can go to https://www.twitch.tv/ffglive and check out the archived footage. The 1v1 match was pretty good, but I was far more interested in the 2v2 games they streamed. The winner from GenCon and a Team Covenant guy took the championship, it looks super fun and I think that this format could seriously boost interest in the game. I'm really excited to get some competitive team play in :D

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

alansmithee posted:

Just curious, how much do the coins go for?

Also about the regional IDs, I don't believe they're acrylic. Or at least mine weren't.

I am wondering about the force chokes though, as they're in a couple of pods. How are they numbered?

Here is what the coins have sold for on ebay.

And they aren't acrylic, but I can't find a set for cheaper than 40 bucks. I'm still looking!

The Force Chokes are numbered for set 19 (Vader Pod, not Emperor)

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

PaybackJack posted:

Deluxe expansion is coming in this week. Anyone already checked it out? I'm really looking forward to multiplayer: 2v2 mostly.

You and me both. I've seen enough previews from places like TableFlip and Team Covenant with exclusive set spoilers that I have a general idea, and it looks good in all the right places.

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

alg posted:

We had a really popular league at my FLGS, should be startin' back up after the New Year. FFG gonna FFG, but yeah this is pretty bad.

Gamer's Armory? I'm trying to be transfer up to State in the Fall, and if that's true that's amazeballs. They play much A:NR there? Or would I still need to head to AE?

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

Join us or DIE

oh boy!

Edit: beaten :v:

I like the clamshell for no other reason that I won't feel compelled to keep all these drat cardboard boxes from the THREE LCGs I keep up with.

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

alg posted:

Is "supply" a game term?

In multiplayer aren't each side only allowed to have 3 force cards? I think this is just to make sure you aren't cheesing in a 4th force card.

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xeGllN7jQwI

Another Spoiler for Heroes and Legends, and GOOD GOD are yellow cards getting silly.

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

PJOmega posted:

Does that have 2x of the "8" costers? I hate the videos so I won't listen with sound.

Possible reasons to not run it are blowouts from the objective flipping. Beyond that yes in a straight smuggler's deck or Rebel control it is insane.

Yes. Also, it's a Reaction: not a Forced Reaction: (as pointed out in the video), so you don't have to trigger the board clear if it won't help you.

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

PJOmega posted:

Then yes, auto 1x if not 2x if packing the Golden Affiliation. Can you Millenium Falcon out the huge?

Oh yeah. If you can somehow play the big guys AFTER you force the objective, there is a very good chance that they'll be free...

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ut-KyLQujQA
:v:

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

alg posted:

:getin:

Only two of us showed up at Atomic Empire in Durham for Store Championships, both of us from Raleigh. We played chill games but I misplayed my second and he got the plaque.

Super happy they finally made some alt art cards for Star Wars.

LOL. I was really close to driving up there for shits and giggles, but 1) I slept in and 2) Next week I'm coming on Sunday then the following Saturday for Netrunner. Congrats on your loot!

If you have a SW LCG Mat you want to trade for a 2013 Netrunner Regionals Mat, lmk. I have two of them :v:

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

alg posted:

If that's the one with Project Beale on it I totally would :frog:

:wink:

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

alg posted:

Apparently regionals were announced or something. My regional is in...Hickory :/

Would you prefer Atlanta, or Miami?

Maybe the region north of us will be in Virginia Beach? doubt it. I hate to find out where the nearest Netrunner Regional will be.

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

Alt-art from the new league kit:

Starkiller is cannon :woop:

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

alg posted:

Took 3rd out of 4 at my Store Championship :( I just don't know what keeps people from playing this game. It's got a lot more interaction than Netrunner and it's Star Wars!

Aquaris Freeholders were not the threat they seemed to be. Most people were dumping cards to avoid them even when I didn't have one.

Distance :(

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

The 6 on, 6 off with a deluxe in between is fine and dandy, but the deluxe Star Wars got only introduced 6 new objective sets for the game. What competitive scene there was stagnated since September with essentially the exact same meta and cards available. Compare that to the first deluxe Netrunner got, which while containing many duds shook the scene up considerably.

Edit: it also seems that one of the major downsides to Star Wars is the deck construction rules make it so that each pack has a lesser impact on the game than any of the other competitive LCGS out there. This latest pack introduced 5 objective sets. Thankfully, we wont have long to wait for new cards for a while.

Carteret fucked around with this message at 08:12 on Mar 30, 2014

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

It's sad, really. I'm keeping the faith. I adore the art and the gameplay :allears:

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

I have 2 ProBinders, with everything just in Objective Set Number order.

6 slots across, one objective set a row. Doubling up each sleeve, when applicable.

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

alg posted:

Got the new cards today, just in time to drop Dash Rendar into my Sleuth Scouts deck for a saturday Store Chamionship. Can't wait to destroy some unsuspecting Sith shitbird :smuggo:

awww yeeeeah. What else is good in there that hasn't been spoiled elsewhere? My cards are sitting in pre-order status waiting for Honor & Profit to arrive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

Taran_Wanderer posted:

Edit: I also read somewhere that this is a temporary fix because it's the middle of Tournament Season, and things will stabilize once the whole cycle is out. Who knows.

I'm thinking this is the culprit. There was such a delay on the cycle, they probably planned to have much more of it out in the wild. That, and the fact that they playtest these cards as a complete cycle and not as datapacks, while waiting to the last minute to split them up after the designs have been finalized for production.

• Locked thread