Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Frohike999
Oct 23, 2003
In case you haven't seen it, they've announced the first deluxe expansion for the game, Edge of Darkness

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frohike999
Oct 23, 2003
If anyone is looking for some extra sleeves for their cards, Miniature Market has the Leia ones as a daily deal today.

I've been playing several games with my coworkers over the last few weeks, and the Sith deck is definitely the one to beat at our table. I've lost a few games with it from terrible draws initially, but usually you're going to have a Force Choke or Force Lightning in your hand, and if you don't have Vader or Palpatine in your hand, there are objectives that really help with cycling through your deck to get to them.

On the light side, I've been having a lot of fun with the Rebel/Smuggler combo. I'm not sure that it's the strongest on the light side, but Leia getting captured always seems to have some neat way of working itself out in our games. I hadn't thought of it before, but my coworker used Swindled on her to force a capture (I had been thinking Swindled was only for enemy targets).

Frohike999
Oct 23, 2003
I don't know that they have an official date, but FFG has said that they've shipped it out to retailers, so it really should get here by next week.

Frohike999
Oct 23, 2003
Yeah, I got to play a few games last night with the new cards. I only added the Vader objective to my Imperial deck and the Speeder one for Rebels, but they both worked really well.

I'm not sure that I'll keep any Hoth cards in my light side deck until another pack or two come out. I got lucky and was able to get Red Three, Wedge, and the Astromech Upgrade pretty early with it once, but it seems like those are definitely going to be stronger once more Hoth cards are available.

My coworker used the objective with the Wampas. That one's great, allowing you to bring them out for 1 resource as long as you have a Hoth objective.

I also really like the artwork on the cards. Vader's objective card and Fear in particular look great.

Frohike999
Oct 23, 2003
I really like the Hoth Imperial Navy objective. It fits well into a lot of decks (I like it in a trooper swarm deck). The objective to increase the opponent's cost to play events helps since the light side seems to have so many event cards. Now that cost 2 Rebel Assault can be used, but unless you've been able to get plenty of resource enhancements out, you're probably not going to be able to put a significant unit out there as well. It's even useful in a Sith deck, since you've now got 4 Vaders in your deck to match with his lightsaber for targeted strike.

With that said, I'm really excited to see a few more force packs coming out to see what kind of decks we can put together.

Frohike999
Oct 23, 2003

omnibobb posted:

So I bought the core set and played a game with my boss last night - loved it.

We had a couple of questions though. He had an enhance location card that said something like it matched the resource for any objective for any faction. How does that work? We played it as he gets two resources for the price of one on that particular objective.

Also traps, are they one use and done?

It sounds like you're referring to the card Common Ground http://www.cardgamedb.com/index.php/starwars/star-wars-card-spoilers/_/core/common-ground-core-16-4 This comes into play if you have a deck with mixed affiliations in it (some Jedi, some Rebels, some Smugglers). Whenever you want to play a card, you need to pay for it with at least one resource of that affiliation. So if I wanted to play Han, but didn't have any available Smuggler resources, I wouldn't be able to play him. Common Ground gets around that by allowing you to pick an objective and for that objective, you don't need to match affiliation.

For traps, are you referring to the Log Trap from the Ewok objective? If so, it stays on the table after it's used. You just focus it to use it and would need to wait for that focus to be removed (either from your refresh phase or playing a card that removes focus) before it could be used again.

Frohike999
Oct 23, 2003
When you focus to strike, you resolve ALL of the unit's combat damage at the same time. So when you focus to strike with Yoda, you place your tactics on a unit, do your edge enabled blaster, and your edge enabled blast damage at that point. The opponent then chooses a unit out of their defenders to focus to strike. They resolve all of their icons then back to you.

You also would not get unopposed damage at the end of the battle since Devastator is still a defender (just an exhausted one). You only get unopposed damage if there are no defenders at the objective at the end of combat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frohike999
Oct 23, 2003

Corn Scientist posted:

So if I'm looking to get into this game and spend about $100 what would be the best way to do it? Two core sets and two edge of darkness? Would getting the force packs be better than the two edge of darkness?

I'm actually looking into selling mine since I haven't played in a few months. It doesn't look like you have PM, but if you want to email removed I can send you details.

Frohike999 fucked around with this message at 14:17 on Nov 11, 2013

• Locked thread