Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SERPUS
Mar 20, 2004
I have 2 cores plus The Desolation of Hoth preordered at my LGS. I really can't wait for this, been a long wait.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SERPUS
Mar 20, 2004
I finally got a game in of this earlier. Neither of us had read the rulebook yet, so we tried to play page by page from it. It didn't work out so well so we ended up watching the FFG tutorials then some "let's play" type review videos. After 30ish minutes of youtubing total, we dove right in and played an amazing first game. If it wasn't for his snatch of a wife, we would have played again.

We both agree that a definite plus to the game is when the box goes FAAARRRRRRT when you lift up the lid.

SERPUS
Mar 20, 2004
I haven't played this game much, maybe around 10 total matches with the Core Set back in December/January. I picked up Desolation of Hoth last month, but hadn't even cracked it open until tonight. All of the sudden I feel really amazed how powerful the new Rebel Alliance objective sets are. It seems like they absolutely outclass the Core objectives, and I'm already trying to figure out with three sets from the Core Set that I'm going to cut. My LGS has Saturday afternoon playtimes (shared with Netrunner which I also play), and I'd really like to get this deck going.

The Imperial Navy Hoth objectives just don't feel as robust to me though. Maybe I'm missing something though. Any quick thoughts or opinions from you all who've been playing with this since last month?

SERPUS
Mar 20, 2004
Anyone else get thier hands on the new Force pack today? Maybe it's just me, but there is still a serious lack of characters for the Rebels. I still can't see building a Rebel Hoth deck yet... maybe next month!

SERPUS
Mar 20, 2004
Do we have enough objectives to make a proper Hoth Rebels deck now?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SERPUS
Mar 20, 2004
Well, this game only needs 2 core sets instead of 3.

• Locked thread