Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
omnibobb
Dec 3, 2005
Title text'd
This game looks really good.

All of FFGs Star Wars games look really good.

I really hope Disney doesn't mess it up and all three games can have a nice, long life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

omnibobb
Dec 3, 2005
Title text'd
So I bought the core set and played a game with my boss last night - loved it.

We had a couple of questions though. He had an enhance location card that said something like it matched the resource for any objective for any faction. How does that work? We played it as he gets two resources for the price of one on that particular objective.

Also traps, are they one use and done?

omnibobb
Dec 3, 2005
Title text'd
Thanks for the help guys!

omnibobb
Dec 3, 2005
Title text'd
How is everyone keeping all their cards organized?

omnibobb
Dec 3, 2005
Title text'd
I am just going to fill this thread with stupid newbie questions.

There are only 3 force packs out right now correct? FFGs site is all screwy for me to pin that down.

Amazon indicates 4

omnibobb fucked around with this message at 01:52 on Jun 22, 2013

omnibobb
Dec 3, 2005
Title text'd
If I have an objective that can generate 3 resources and I spend 2 to bring in a card, is that objective now "readied" and I cant spend the 1 remaining?

Edit: oh i read the next paragraph in the rule book nevermind

omnibobb fucked around with this message at 02:51 on Jun 22, 2013

omnibobb
Dec 3, 2005
Title text'd
Nice!

I can't wait to go to work tomorrow night and play this game instead of working!

Fakedit: i work a couple of shifts a week at a game/comic store and the boss and I are trying to get a lcg night going.

omnibobb
Dec 3, 2005
Title text'd
Ughh, I love this game so much. It sucks no one around here plays anything but Warmachine (which is awesome, I play a lot) or Magic (boo).

Anyone here in Delmarva?

omnibobb
Dec 3, 2005
Title text'd
The new Sith set seems really, really, really dope.

Also, if you destroy the Alderaan objective, destroy the Alderaan characters. Awesome.

omnibobb
Dec 3, 2005
Title text'd
I know their shipping times aren't always accurate, but they have Balance of the Force listed as being Q4 and Heroes and Legends being January :(

omnibobb
Dec 3, 2005
Title text'd

tijag posted:

Balance of the Force is still 'at the printers'.

I expect it to go to 'on the boat' in late October, and we should get it at during, or shortly after worlds. Then the new cycle will start at the beginning of next year, which makes sense.

It is a bit disappointing that the only new thing between now and the next cycle is a multiplayer deluxe box set, which is going to have minimal impact on the 1v1 game.

Yeah. They've already done their preview for the 5th data pack for the second cycle of Netrunner cards and nothing past the first Star Wars one.

I mean, I never get to play the game anyway so it doesn't matter, but it'd be nice you know?

omnibobb
Dec 3, 2005
Title text'd
Double post:

Balance of the Force Light Side challenge deck preview is up

http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_news.asp?eidn=4384

omnibobb
Dec 3, 2005
Title text'd
That'll give you the most options if you want to play casually with some friends. If you want to work to tournament you need force packs ASAP since some of the best cards are there.

omnibobb
Dec 3, 2005
Title text'd
For fucks sake, Heroes and Legends is now February on FFG's site.

FFG is killing this game in my area.

It wasn't huge, but I got a couple of people interested and playing and 2 other guys even bought some stuff instead of just using my cards. But no one is interested in this except for me anymore.

omnibobb
Dec 3, 2005
Title text'd

alg posted:

We had a really popular league at my FLGS, should be startin' back up after the New Year. FFG gonna FFG, but yeah this is pretty bad.

Well, in April I'm moving to Salem, Oregon and I guess they have a very robust Star Wars (LCG, RPG, and X-Wing) scene there, so I guess I'll just buy stuff until I get there and get back into it then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

omnibobb
Dec 3, 2005
Title text'd

MagusProject posted:

So I just picked up a cheap copy of this game to play casually with my less serious game friends. Is there a recommended purchase order for the add-on packs, and what should I buy for organizing/protecting the stuff?

For organizing, I have two binders (light side and dark side) then divided by faction. The very first page is my commit to the force and faction id cards.

Each page is either 2 copies or 1 copy of the pod depending on if its a one off or not.

The first copy of the pod is laid put in the top two rows in order and the second copy are doubled up into the bottom row, also in order.

• Locked thread