Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Is it normal for deluxe expansions to be announced before the first cycle expansion has been released? I was also kind of under the impression that deluxe expansions add new rules or a new dimension or something, but I don't see much of that. It's still early, though, but a hint of something would have whet some appetites.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Is Desolation of Hoth supposed to come out next week?

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Spoilers are here: http://toptiergaming.com/forums/index.php?%2Ftopic%2F6369-search-for-skywalker-spoilers%2F

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Manifest posted:

Any word on a release for Edge of Darkness? The website says May, but well, it's May.

If I recall, Search For Skywalker was only released 2 weeks ago, so I would say 2-3 weeks.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Feeple posted:

A:NR vs. SW: I've actually discussed this with many of my locals, and I keep coming back to "In three years, I'll still be willing to play and buy Netrunner. I'm not sure I can say that for Star Wars."

It's a shame, because I like both a lot. The problem is Star Wars takes a lot longer as a game to develop than Netrunner does, as the pod mechanic means deck innovations are always significant, and therefore new deck archetypes (such as the Smug Jedi build that has been all the rage lately) take a while to come into play. Heck, we're just now seeing the ideas begin of Hoth centric decks, and we're two packs in.

I don't want to sound cruel or mean, because it's not meant to be. I do like this game and the pod mechanic is really neat (although frustrating sometimes when swapping out one or two pods,) but the game develops much slower in my opinion, and it's a different meta tempo than Netrunner is.

I think what kills a lot of interest in Star Wars, at least for me, is that the deckbuilding is really restrictive. It's a neat concept, but with the number of available pods, it generally means that there is like one archetype per side with very little variation. Although I realize that Netrunner decks of a given identity will be really similar (Criminals will always run 3x Account Siphon, Inside Job, Emergency Shutdown, for example), there is still a lot of room to tweak it to your taste. A Star Wars deck has to make 10 choices, whereas a Netrunner deck has to make 45 (or 5 vs. 15 if you're assuming everyone runs max everything, which they probably won't).

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Spoilers for A Dark Time are up: http://toptiergaming.com/forums/index.php?/topic/6480-a-dark-time-full-cards-w-images/

Nothing is really jumping out at me, though. But then again I haven't played this game in forever so who knows what sort of deck meta I'm missing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Edge of Darkness is $19.69 on Amazon, which is all of 30 cents cheaper than CSI, but with better shipping options.

• Locked thread