Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Devlan Mud
Apr 10, 2006

I'll hear your stories when we come back, alright?
So I was just flipping through my cards and realized a bunch of the objective cards have the old concept artwork by Ralph McQuarrie. Guess that seals the deal for me, it's a keeper.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Devlan Mud
Apr 10, 2006

My LGS is getting them on Tuesday for what it's worth.

Devlan Mud
Apr 10, 2006

Manifest posted:

I run a couple hoth objectives in my rebel deck, mostly because the snowspeeders are great.
Anything particularly cool make it into this pack?

The Rebel Alliance Hoth objective set has a few decent buffs for making Hoth keyword stuff more reliable, but it doesn't have a ton of offensive output. There's also a pair of Neutral rebel Hoth objectives, so you should be able to have a good number of those in your objective deck now, at least.

I have a hard time judging the S&V and S&S objective sets, since there's so little out for them right now. Jabba's Orders seems like it should synergize pretty well with what is going to be available.

Deploy the Fleet is going to be a cornerstone of any Imperial Navy deck running star destroyers, and will make getting out the Executor trivially easy if you're going to mix up Sith and Imperial Navy.

Devlan Mud
Apr 10, 2006

jivjov posted:

I'm really excited for the big boxed expansion for Scum/Villainy and Smuggles/Spies. From what little we've seen so far, it really looks like they'll have some fun play options.

I agree, I think when that expansion hits we'll actually have a look at a more or less "complete" game, as far as options are concerned, between the core set, Hoth cycle, and that expansion. I'm withholding most of my judgment on the state of the game and if it's going to be a keeper or not until then. It looks like both Smugglers & Spies and Scum & Villainy are going to the be sneaky tricks factions, and might be right up my ally.

Devlan Mud
Apr 10, 2006

It got to most stores yesterday. We have a tourney coming up Saturday after next and I have no idea what I'm going to end up running, except I know my decks will probably be bad. :v:

(Hopefully I can do better than the last place I did at Regionals.)

Devlan Mud
Apr 10, 2006

alg posted:

A new Luke wearing a Rebel helmet and... he's Jedi affiliation. :reject:

Not gonna stop me from using him in a Snowspeeder deck, just means you gotta use the Jedi affiliation card instead of Rebels. PS, dat Luke is killa.

Just wish Escape from Hoth was on CGDB. :(

Devlan Mud fucked around with this message at 00:20 on Sep 21, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Devlan Mud
Apr 10, 2006

I got my second set of Regional Affiliation Cards bundled with a playmat which cost me $50 with shipping, but that was while Regionals were taking place. I got dead last in our Regional, but we only had ten players, and I wanted six affiliation cards so I could have one for each faction. That was the only auction I could find, now I feel like I got a good deal (and a sweet Darth Vader mousepad too).

• Locked thread