Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
boneration
Jan 9, 2005

now that's performance

Apoffys posted:

I mostly liked both books, I certainly don't regret buying them. However, the main thing I disliked about the books was how (spoilers for both books)the protagonists (especially Locke) were supposed to be super-brilliant geniuses who pull off amazing heists and deceptions, but they just fail miserably throughout the books. Sometimes they fail because their enemies are stronger, sometimes due to their own stupid mistakes, but they do fail quite a lot. By the end of the second book there's barely anything left to lose.

Your spoilers are what I like about the first book. I read it immediately after the two Patrick Rothfuss books, with the super handsome musical sex ninja magician who is the best in the world at everything he tries and never fails at anything ever, and watching Locke go through hell despite being good at what he does really washed the taste of those lovely books out of my mouth.

Been meaning to read the second book, but my wife tells me it's a pretty big letdown.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread