Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

JC2 modded to hell with all the bugs is a blast.

jc2 with mods is seriously one of the best 3rd person action games of the past generation

so much fun, and the multiplayer mod is great

the fact that steam puts it on sale for like 3 bucks makes it an insane bargain

Nostalgia4Butts fucked around with this message at 00:53 on Dec 28, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Helldump Immunity.
Aug 2, 2013

Fuck you

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

FAT SLAMPIG posted:

jc2 with mods is seriously one of the best 3rd person action games of the past generation

so much fun, and the multiplayer mod is great

the fact that steam puts it on sale for like 3 bucks makes it an insane bargain

what mods because I can't even get through the story mode because no event triggers

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

:stare: Holy poo poo. Kerbal is awesome.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Master Bateman posted:

:jebstare::jeb::jebstare:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_JUCfX1P1ik

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
Is it a good or a bad thing when 1/2 the poo poo on the sale page you already have? :downs:

Helldump Immunity.
Aug 2, 2013

Fuck you
Is The Forest worth getting? I remember the idea being p cool but it kinda went off the radar. Considering it or The Long Dark.

Lazy Reservist
Nov 30, 2005

FUBIJAR

ded posted:

Is it a good or a bad thing when 1/2 the poo poo on the sale page you already have? :downs:

Both

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer

Master Bateman posted:

one of us, one of us

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

Mike-o posted:

one of us, one of us

Once made space boobs who are invulnerable to gravity. Never stopped playing. Lost 20kg in one week.

quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

Zeether posted:

Some guy got Quake running on an oscilloscope: http://www.lofibucket.com/articles/oscilloscope_quake.html

seems pretty cool

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
I bought ground zeros for 6.80 on the ps4. That's a good price for a lengthy demo.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

I think I remember a buddy telling me he finished it in an hour

I'm sure there's a bunch of side poo poo etc that he skipped but yeah

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Fat slampig put in 20 hours but he's like balls deep into anything metal gear solid.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

ho ho ho now i have a python

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

holocaust bloopers posted:

Fat slampig put in 20 hours but he's like balls deep into anything metal gear solid.

30+ hours and yeah 90% of that was loving around doing stupid bullshit but i love it

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

It's how I have like 200 hours in Deus Ex: Human Revolution.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

quote:

Although seemingly a joke, the Chicken Hat actually serves a specific purpose. Kotaku reports that frequent failure or difficulty with missions will cause the game to ask players if they'd like to wear the hat. When selected, a hat appears on the in-game character, who then becomes nearly invisible to all surrounding enemies.

Essentially, it's designed to act as an aid to help players through tougher sections of the game.

TPP is going to be the best game.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

I'm pleased as punch that I don't have to buy another console to play it.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

I'm pleased as punch that I don't have to buy another console to play it.

I hope it sells an insane amount and Konami ports Peace Walker to PC.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

You loving fucks, i fired up KSP after I heard you spergs talk about it and hours later I have to embark a rescue mission to rescue jeb from the moon. But I work in a couple of hours so fuuuuuck.

ho ho ho now i have a python

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

So here's a trip report for anybody thinking of upgrading from an Asp to a Corvette/Cruiser class in Elite. I have now flown everything except for the Adder, Type 9, and Anaconda.

Federal Dropship - awesome at first glance, but not so great even after dropping 10 million credits into upgrades. You'll need a second ship to run cargo missions for cash since the jump range and cargo capacity is crap. Hardpoint positions aren't great and it could use more oomph overall. Skip the dropship and instead get...

The Type 7 - Switched into this after the dropship to make cash. Almost completely stripped I was making 18ly jumps with 212 cargo, rounds trips of non-rares pulling in about 500k credits per. I'd call this the natural stepping stone ship between the Asp and bigger craft if you need cash.

Python - has the strength of the above 2 with no big drawbacks yet. Dropped about 8 million credits into upgrades immediately after purchase and I'm very satisfied. Running straight pulse lasers and I can take on Anacondas and still have 216 tons of cargo in it. So far the Python is like a Super Asp- I can switch between different roles with little or no outfitting changes and still make bank. Very flexible for upgrading, I could easily see dropping north of 100 million credits for top tier equipment. Just factor in insurance costs to your purchase price, a factory fresh one costs 2 million to replace.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

Wing Commander 3 sticks out for me because Ginger Lynn Allen was in it as a romance option.
Killing the Tigers Claw in Wing Commander 1 mission 1 is possible too, but it takes forever.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
Wing Commander 4 owned bones.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
I liked the Wing Commander games for what they were, something you played when you were stuck on a mission in TIE Fighter

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
EBB you son of a bitch.

Gifted me Bad Rats.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Nineteen cents well spent

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
dusted

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Aw poo poo, Zombie gifted me Left 4 Dead 2. Thanks man! You gifted two copies, I kicked the second back to you.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

One more Left 4 Dead 2. Who wants it?

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

keen

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Sent friend request.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

N4I where in the galaxy are you now?

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Dual Shock 4 makes for an excellent PC controller. Using DS4Tool, the trackpad functions as the mouse. That alone puts it miles ahead of the Xbox controller.

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

Dual Shock 4 makes for an excellent PC controller. Using DS4Tool, the trackpad functions as the mouse. That alone puts it miles ahead of the Xbox controller.

DS4 is infinitely better than the DS3 but I could never get used to trying to use the trackpad as a mouse.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Hekk posted:

DS4 is infinitely better than the DS3 but I could never get used to trying to use the trackpad as a mouse.

Nowhere near a replacement, but perfect for the occasional clicking or navigating the start menu. All I have to do is switch inputs on the receiver, connect the controller, and go launch steam. Easy poo poo.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Yeah DS4 on PC rules. Pretty easy to setup

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kGYcNcFhctc

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Picked up Lords of the Fallen. 25 bucks and having the DS 4 working great made for a compelling sell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elite_garbage_man
Apr 3, 2010
I THINK THAT "PRIMA DONNA" IS "PRE-MADONNA". I MAY BE ILLITERATE.
I'm replaying dark souls 2

so much easier the second time around

• Locked thread