Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
havent heard a peep
May 29, 2003

When Steve Jobs died it wasn't the first job I'd lost that week.

holocaust bloopers posted:

The 970 is an absolute monster for the price.

i am loving the asus model right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Wooo boy the ps4 thread is hopping right now. PSN getting DDOS'd or w/e by lizard squad the last 2 days and goons talking about what they feel they're entitled to. And some goon keeps calling PSN customer service and is mad he's getting the run around? Not sure what he wants/expects

Does suck people got a ps4 or new games and can't play them

I guess some hacker doxxed some of the lizard squad dudes? lizardsquad.info and its a bunch of American/British kids idk

And whoever this is paid them off...maybe?

Nostalgia4Dogges fucked around with this message at 01:22 on Dec 27, 2014

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Rome 2 you guys. Let the blood of the Etruscan League wash over the fields.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Happy crasheslandings! :jeb:

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this
I know you guys are smart and I'm not gonna lower myself to post in the PS4 thread but a DDOS is not a hack but it is an attack. There is little defense against a DDOS attack outside of being huge (amazon, google) and small services like xbl and psn are very visible places that are especially vulnerable to rich high school kids who buy botnets.

People getting upset that their gaming service is down are super lol. Go do something else you loving losers the games will still be there in a few days.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Fart Sandwiches posted:

I know you guys are smart and I'm not gonna lower myself to post in the PS4 thread but a DDOS is not a hack but it is an attack. There is little defense against a DDOS attack outside of being huge (amazon, google) and small services like xbl and psn are very visible places that are especially vulnerable to rich high school kids who buy botnets.

People getting upset that their gaming service is down are super lol. Go do something else you loving losers the games will still be there in a few days.

People have tried to reason with those idiots. I feel bad for the kids who couldn't use their new console today, though. If 12 year old Holly Bloopers couldn't play his new ps2 on Christmas day he'd be crushed.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

They don't care if it's a hack or not they want to be reimbursed a couple months of PSN or maybe a free game or two

But yeah some games need a patch or something which sucks. I remember my Xmas dreamcast and would be pretty pissed as well if I couldn't play it

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Gifting free months of PS+ sets the standard that any outage warrants more PS+ time. Like yea compensation is cool and all, but a DDOS attack that results in a few days of outages to which Sony gives subscribers PS+ time could only encourage more DDOS attacks.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

I expect at least a year of PSN or a free copy of GTA5 or FC3 or dragon age and I'm going to keep calling to complain until I get it

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Christoff posted:

I expect at least a year of PSN or a free copy of GTA5 or FC3 or dragon age and I'm going to keep calling to complain until I get it

LOL one dude called three times demanding compensation.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
is this generation of kids more whiny and entitled than our own, or am i just becoming a cranky rear end get off my lawn old gently caress?

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Mike-o posted:

is this generation of kids more whiny and entitled than our own, or am i just becoming a cranky rear end get off my lawn old gently caress?

Little bit of column A and column B.

quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

Mike-o posted:

the internet makes everything worse. all hail the sega genesis/nintendo 64 era.

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

Mike-o posted:

To be fair, not being able to access online poo poo on your PS4 kind of sucks. We set aside time for my son to play video games with his cousin across the country and haven't been able to do it. It's not the end of the world but it is an inconvenience.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Mike-o posted:

We're all getting to that age where we have to accept that we have turned into our fathers.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Hekk posted:

To be fair, not being able to access online poo poo on your PS4 kind of sucks. We set aside time for my son to play video games with his cousin across the country and haven't been able to do it. It's not the end of the world but it is an inconvenience.

It totally is. That's the price we pay for relying so heavily on always connected services. People are assholes.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

I do think it's funny when Microsoft pushes always online so hard for DRM but can't keep its own service from frequently going down for days at a time. There's so much stuff that gets knocked out by PSN/Xbox Live going down that you wouldn't expect to be tied to online services.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Rome 2 is so goddamn addicting. My goodness.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Rome 2 is so goddamn addicting. My goodness.

I was thinking about this earlier today. Gonna have no choice but to slaughter some barbarians.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

We're all getting to that age where we have to accept that we have turned into our fathers.
I heard this just the other day from my mother. :(

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Did you gently caress her?

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5pa6SGYWADU

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Haven't really played a PC game in like, 4 months now.

I am on really lovely wifi for the next week and a half so downloading a game is pretty much not going to happen. It turns out that there's not only a Micro Center near me, but they actually sell physical PC games. So I used my external CD drive from work to install it off physical discs like I'm a loving caveman.

I got about five minutes into the new Dragon Age before this was literally me:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_JUCfX1P1ik

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

What kind of bullshit future is this where a couple 12 year olds can bring down the services of billion dollar corporations indefinitely with little effort? The threat of North Korean and Chinese hackers must be completely overblown if they're not already locking down every American company with a public facing service 24/7.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Modern day society is rapidly approaching the point where hardly anyone will remember when The Simpsons were fantastic.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Modern day society is rapidly approaching the point where hardly anyone will remember when The Simpsons were fantastic.

finest moment was the shinning

i've decided i hate the steam sale, because here's the list of games i've bought in the last month (i realise some of them don't count as steam)
final fantasy vii
aoe2
deadnaut
empire, medieval, rome, shogun, shogun 2, rome 2
far cry 1-3
killing floor
civ iv and v
sins of a solar empire
metal gear rising
elite dangerous
just cause 2

this on top of the xbone i bought last month with
destiny
shadow of mordor
alien isolation
forza 5
walking dead

i just dunno when the gently caress i'll find time to play all of those, on top of the enormous back catalog i have from gog.com
destiny's pretty awesome, i'm enjoying alien, and elite is the tits, but seriously i just don't have time for all of them

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Two Finger posted:

finest moment was the shinning

i've decided i hate the steam sale, because here's the list of games i've bought in the last month (i realise some of them don't count as steam)
final fantasy vii
aoe2
deadnaut
empire, medieval, rome, shogun, shogun 2, rome 2
far cry 1-3
killing floor
civ iv and v
sins of a solar empire
metal gear rising
elite dangerous
just cause 2

this on top of the xbone i bought last month with
destiny
shadow of mordor
alien isolation
forza 5
walking dead

i just dunno when the gently caress i'll find time to play all of those, on top of the enormous back catalog i have from gog.com
destiny's pretty awesome, i'm enjoying alien, and elite is the tits, but seriously i just don't have time for all of them

Wait, you aren't angrily complaining that the sale is garbage because you already have all the games? I don't know what to think

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
Don't play JC2 it is buggy as hell.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

I found some neat stuff to but on the cheap. :shrug:

thetechnoloser
Feb 11, 2003

Say hello to post-apocalyptic fun!
Grimey Drawer

Equine Don posted:

Half the fun of JC2 is the insane bugs. Driving a vehicle over a cliff, it explodes, but i'm still inside and alive? :getin:

thetechnoloser fucked around with this message at 21:52 on Dec 27, 2014

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

GENDERWEIRD GREEDO posted:

Wait, you aren't angrily complaining that the sale is garbage because you already have all the games? I don't know what to think

hell no the sale owned i got a whole bunch of stuff i've been wanting to try for like 40 bucks
just that time is the issue

oh well i'll be going back to sea soon enough so plenty time to do not much else

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Advanced Warfare is loving cool. I'm enjoying just watching it. Kevin Spacey is awesome.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Godholio posted:

Advanced Warfare is loving cool. I'm enjoying just watching it. Kevin Spacey is awesome.

If you think of it as GI Joe the FPS with Kevin Spacey as the Cobra Commander it gets even better. That mission in Antarctica was cool as poo poo and most of the game is paced really well. It only really falls apart at the end

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Equine Don posted:

this is a bad and wrong opinion

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

JC2 modded to hell with all the bugs is a blast.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

M'lady

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004