Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Commoners
Apr 25, 2007

Sometimes you reach a stalemate. Sometimes you get magic horses.
Yeah it's pretty cool. You just strap rockets to things and then go, "Where did I go wrong!?" as your space men plummet back to the earth while either being boosted by a rocket or when their parachute rips off the pod and then they explode.

Then you do it all over again until you do it on the moon.

And then eventually you make it back to earth from a moon mission.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Commoners
Apr 25, 2007

Send all your battleships at their fleet and laugh as millions die.

Commoners
Apr 25, 2007

My brother got that new Wargame Airland or whatever it's called and he said it's really good because with airpower being added in it filled in an important part of the rock-paper-scissors stuff. They also changed how the unit loadouts were made and how well artillery sights in on moving targets.

He enjoyed playing the first one and he likes this second one, so I guess it's a good game.

Commoners
Apr 25, 2007

I've been playing Wargame: AirLand battles and it is hilarious and fun like European Escalation was.

The airplanes are hilarious, and its great fun buying a swarm of really lovely recruit airplanes and watching players panic and buy piles of AA guns while they smash into the ground everywhere.

Commoners
Apr 25, 2007

One dude and myself would wander around Chernogorsk at night time with no lights and hunt pubbies. The way we would do it is that I would throw a glow stick and then start to carry it around, and he would follow me at a distance back where the light couldn't reach him for silhouette him.

People would always run for the light and try to murder me, so I'd drop it and then hide in a building and they would come to investigate, when he'd shoot them and then hide somewhere else.

We managed to kill about 25 people over the course of four hours doing this, and eventually the pubbies all got together and did a big sweep of Cherno looking for us when the sun came up

We hid underneath the docks with dozens of bean cans waiting for the sun to come back down. :ssh:

Commoners
Apr 25, 2007

Instead of a gravity gun to move things you use a knife to stab things.

Commoners
Apr 25, 2007

HATE CURES TRANNYS posted:

GET OUT OF HERE STALKER!

GET OUT OF HERE STALKER!

GET OUT OF HERE STALKER!

GET OUT OF HERE STALKER!

WHAT ARE YOU DOING!? I SAID COME IN!

Commoners
Apr 25, 2007

My best memory of DayZ was flying a helicopter with no stabilization rotor through Chernogorsk with two guys on the side guns. People in the city started shooting at us, we crashed into a tower, fell, and all survived smashing into the ground without a scratch from about 80 feet up.

We then had a guy run around with a glowstick to attract the people, and the glowstick guy would roll around in circles while the other two would shoot people from the darkness.

Can you still be the baked beans killa?

E: They apparently removed baked beans from your starting inventory so you can't rove down the beaches killing people and making stockpiles of thousands and thousands of baked beans in the woods. :(

Commoners fucked around with this message at 07:09 on Jan 10, 2014

Commoners
Apr 25, 2007

How do I play DayZ with youse guys? I just went on the goon server and started shovelling some lonely goon.

Commoners
Apr 25, 2007

I just bought Rising Storm and have been having a blast with the flamethrower and katana. Having a banzai charge round a corner and having ten dudes just catch on fire and the rest running away to hide is a great feeling.

Also: banzai charging with a katana and cutting dudes in the head.

Commoners
Apr 25, 2007

The only thing I like more in RO2 is the tanks. The tank stuff is cool.

Commoners
Apr 25, 2007

vulturesrow posted:

My half-brother's wife thank you very much. I also threw my heir in jail.

I've been playing the game of thrones mod. In my pirate game my daughter and second in line heir is a ruthless genius lesbian that murdered me and her younger brother so she could be the pirate queen. It's like the ghost of living George R. R. Martin is determining the rng from over my shoulder. (She hasn't raped anyone yet)

e: ^^^ - :stare:

Wanna join that and immediately throw the game by ordering all of my men to frontally charge the closest machine gun.

Commoners fucked around with this message at 16:09 on Jul 3, 2014

Commoners
Apr 25, 2007

I had an easier time trying to learn/play/lose on the 2d version way back when. It had a little bit more direction and less sandbox to it then.

Commoners
Apr 25, 2007

tuluk posted:

dark messiah of might and magic feels like a prototype for dishonored. it's got the sneaking & the visceral enemy kills that dishonored improved on.
dishonored really needs the kick move & ice spell from Dark messiah. because I really wanted to have those stilt-walker enemies slip on ice patches & go beserk.

That game is the greatest kicking simulator of all time. I had a great time kicking dudes down stairs repeatedly.

Commoners
Apr 25, 2007

I am really bad at QTEs this is why I am a spastic who can't function irl.

Commoners
Apr 25, 2007

Ramirez, jump onto that coffin and take out that helicopter!

I guess at least they weren't trying to be edgy by having you mow people down at a funeral.

Commoners fucked around with this message at 19:37 on Nov 2, 2014

Commoners
Apr 25, 2007

Paid 20 bux for shark game and did not regret it.

I have been having fun spending all of my money on mines, sitting out in the open, and having a shark bite me and my mine in a glorious suicidal explosion.

Commoners
Apr 25, 2007

Here is me murdering a pair of divers w/ a mine.

http://www.twitch.tv/uncivilizedcommoners/c/5436370

and here is my koolaid man impersonation.

http://www.twitch.tv/uncivilizedcommoners/c/5436433

Commoners fucked around with this message at 06:50 on Nov 5, 2014

Commoners
Apr 25, 2007

Yes. It is a good game and you can scream at sharks while placing landmines in tight corridors.

Commoners
Apr 25, 2007

Commoners
Apr 25, 2007

I remember one time we were doing an adversarial thing on the goon server and the blufor team was walking around trying to finish their objectives. Opfor took one of our trucks and rigged it up with explosives and set it on one of their objectives. The entire blufor team piled into it and in local chat they were talking about being sick of walking and being glad that they finally found a truck they could fit everyone in. We won instantly when all sixteen of the players on that team exploded.

Commoners
Apr 25, 2007

I am in elite and trying to figure out what I am doing.

It seems that it reflects real life really well, and that it is easier to make money doing flagrantly illegal things instead of trying to do things legitimately. So far I've made most of my money by selling stolen or salvaged illegal goods on the black market, which has made me about 10x more money than anything else.

Also, I have been drinking while playing and have repeatedly boost thrusted my hauler into someone else's ship as they are entering a space station.

I want to make it out to the onionhead system to sell space weed from my rusty windowless space van, but I don't have enough jump capacity to get there apparently. How do I get out there or make quick money so I can get out there? :(

Commoners
Apr 25, 2007

I am on the way to sell space weed.

Commoners
Apr 25, 2007

I would like to be able to afford an exploration ship but it seems really difficult to make money.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Commoners
Apr 25, 2007

What if someone made the new thread today as early access but the OP was incomplete and came in DLC packages six months after release?

• Locked thread