Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Red87
Jun 3, 2008

The UNE will prevail.
My steam name is RM0099, I think. I play mostly shooters or whatever, mostly PS2 lately. I got a lot of games but I just want to chill and shoot mans.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red87
Jun 3, 2008

The UNE will prevail.

DrCuntmuffins posted:

So you guys have been talking a lot about Planetside 2 lately, convinced me to download the client and stuff (took like 3 days hooray)

Anyone stationed in Europe play? I'm back in 12 days and need some decomp time without talking to normal people at all.

e: days

e2: would 150ish ping be playable? or would that be too laggy. In games like Q3/UT/COD it would be horribly laggy

I'm in Germany and play Planetside 2 with the US Goons and the Euro Goons. I've never noticed any problem with lag on Planetside, and usually ping about 150ish to Mattherson, and ping about 20 to Miller. I can kill just as well on the US server, but with client side hit detection they use it doesn't matter so much. I've gotten some tells where I'll kill someone after I'm dead on their screen, but its not common.

I also used to play WoW frequently on the US servers because gently caress starting over. It was also very playable at 150-200 ping, however the fact that you're 7 hours ahead kills it if you want to do any sort of non-PUG raid with a guild. Since everyone pretty much raids in the night, its going to be like 3-4 in the morning for you, and then you have work to go to.

Red87
Jun 3, 2008

The UNE will prevail.
I'm Rez50 on NC Mattherson. I usually play on EU Miller since I'm in Germany but its being crashed bad by a player induced bug and the Goon outfit there is dying.

Just want to shoot some space mans and have fun.

Red87
Jun 3, 2008

The UNE will prevail.
Yeah, Path of Exile is shaping up to be really good. There were 70,000 people hitting the Euro servers last night at primetime and the queue's were in the 3500 range when I logged in. The whole passive skill tree is kind of a mindfuck, but playing around in the game I really had that feel of when I first played Diablo II many years ago. Running around with dudes in a party killing poo poo was a blast and the game seems to lack a lot of the modern 'convenience' features like you see in current games, like full on respecs and hard to come by portals and the like. You can permanently gently caress your character up. It's really drat good now, and I played way back in closed beta because I was an early-supporter. The game is like night and day in the past few months alone how far along it has come.

Vasudus posted:

The absolute best guns period are either the NS-11A (or the NS-11A Platinum if you get the Gamestop card), or the Carnage BR. They don't necessarily have the best TTK, or the best recoil pattern, or the best rate of fire. But they are top 3 of everything. It's almost cheating when you compare them to the rest of the NC weapons, because they perform more like TR guns. If I had to pick between the two, I would say the Carnage BR over the NS-11A, but either which are absolutely amazing.

I'm kind of fond of the Reaper DMR. It only has 20 rounds but they do a fuckload of damage; recoil doesn't seem terrible but its nowhere near as nice as the NS-11 or the default gun.. I guess that's also why I like the Gauss SAW and the AC-X11. I love guns that hit like a truck.

Red87 fucked around with this message at 12:21 on Jan 28, 2013

Red87
Jun 3, 2008

The UNE will prevail.
I know it'll never make it in but Martello should write a bio for it including the term "Space human being", as per his fanfic.

Red87
Jun 3, 2008

The UNE will prevail.
I've been in the closed alpha for Generals 2 or whatever the gently caress they're calling it for a while now. It's decent, but I'm sure everything is unlocked and it's going to be a huge loving turd once they make you pay 5$ to unlock tanks or whatever. If you ever ordered the complete pack for C&C on Origin you're pretty much guaranteed an invite. I bought it just because I couldn't find Generals+Zero Hour anywhere else, and wanted all the older ones too.

Red87
Jun 3, 2008

The UNE will prevail.

Bodanarko posted:

hey if none of you sluts have Faster Than Light then go buy the Humble Bundle, you can get FTL and a bunch of other poo poo for less than 4.50.

This is a pretty drat strong bundle. FTL is worth it for 5$ alone, but Trine 2 and Mark of the Ninja are just as good. I've never played any of the others on the list.

Red87
Jun 3, 2008

The UNE will prevail.

Godholio posted:

I've never seen the -t modifier, that's awesome. Running now, but I'll cut it after a few minutes. It's pretty much running as expected, generally good with an occasional WTF.

I've probably got a cable long enough for testing, but leaving it connected permanently is not an option. In that case I'd probably just spring for an AC wifi adapter and see if that helps.

Edit: Ok, it ran for a few minutes:

Packets: Sent=420, Recieved=420, Lost=0 0% loss
Minimum=22ms, Maximum=1459ms, Average=38ms

Edit2: And with a wired connection the worst was 66ms. gently caress. Looks like I'm either gonna drop $50 on an AC wifi receiver and hope it works better, or start cutting holes in the ceilings. :(

Can't you just be trashy and run cables around doors and down poo poo.

Red87
Jun 3, 2008

The UNE will prevail.

Fart Sandwiches posted:

Well I ordered my parts and got next day shipping because I'm an impatient baby. The only thing now is I don't know where the gently caress my win 7 key is. It is not where I thought it would be so I might have to buy a new license and I'll spring for win8 if that's the case.

To be honest for BF4 Windows 8.1 is showing significant FPS advantages over Windows 7, to the tune of 10-20+ FPS higher for the same system, but you really have to decide if that's worth it for you for one game, even though you already have your Win7 key. With DirectX 11.2+ and some of the other optimizations never going to see the light of day on Win7 it should be interesting for the future, at least.

Red87
Jun 3, 2008

The UNE will prevail.
Yep, and if you really want the start menu, http://www.classicshell.net is pretty much the same thing as the Win7 start menu on 8.1. Windows 8 was pretty poo poo, but 8.1 did a lot of good. BF4 is the only game currently to make use of the new features of Win8.1 that I know of, and it really shows.

Red87
Jun 3, 2008

The UNE will prevail.
Tried to play and shoot mans of BF4 with yall, still crashing too often. I'm Red87SA on origin.

Is premium worth it? I kind of want it but I usually don't like to buy games twice.

Red87 fucked around with this message at 00:28 on Dec 9, 2013

Red87
Jun 3, 2008

The UNE will prevail.

Third World Reggin posted:

Maybe this is more your style.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=197667538

God drat greenlight is funny.

I saw something about lolita in the the brief bit of the trailer and anime, i think ill pass.

Red87
Jun 3, 2008

The UNE will prevail.
I played the poo poo out of NHL 99 back on the N64. Hockey games are the best just for the fighting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red87
Jun 3, 2008

The UNE will prevail.
is there a specific mumble server everyone uses for BF4? i'd be down to shoot people but it gets pretty boring by yourself.

• Locked thread