Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
vacation in kabul
Dec 6, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Anno 2070 has been a huge disappointment for me. Actually kind of hate it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vacation in kabul
Dec 6, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post
I quit playing PS2 because apparently if you don't pump money into it you'll never be any good. gently caress you SOE, gently caress you.

vacation in kabul
Dec 6, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post
League of Legends isn't a scam I don't think.

vacation in kabul
Dec 6, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Vasudus posted:

People playing longer should be able to beat you, that's just part of the game. It's a MMO FPS. There are a few things that stand out from the F2P model that really suck though, namely the NC heavy assault starter gun being complete rear end (with the VS/TR guns being awesome) and the rocket pods for aircraft.

Or you can pay your way to skip all of the grind. Either way I'm not really that into it, I don't remember the gulf between new players and vets being as huge as it is in PS1 and I got sick of that game after like a year. I got tired of PS2 in like a week.

vacation in kabul
Dec 6, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Maybe it's cause I got into the initial PS1 release and played pretty consistently, but I don't ever remember the kind of off-balance poo poo I've seen in PS2 in PS1. Like I'll unload almost an entire clip on another light infantry dude, then he'll turn around and plink plink I'm dead. I just quit every time because respawning and finding good position just takes too drat long when I'm getting destroyed by someone with less skill than me because I don't have the right certs or whatever.

vacation in kabul
Dec 6, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Wait what server is everyone on? I've been playing on Matheson as FirstLady (my character is a black chick) and after reading this thread I'm going to give PS2 another try. Mostly cause I got a lot of time on my hands.

vacation in kabul
Dec 6, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post
NC on Matherson seems to be the ticket.

vacation in kabul
Dec 6, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post
I friended you in that game.

I don't have a headset right now so I really can't do the teammate stuff.

vacation in kabul
Dec 6, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post
You don't use the station name, you add whatever the name on the server is.

vacation in kabul
Dec 6, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Mass Effect was probably one of the worst game series I've ever played. Do not understand any of the praise it got.

vacation in kabul
Dec 6, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post
ME1 was not polished at all, ME2 was basically an annoying on-the-rails shooter, and ME3 wrapped the series up by having one of the worst endings ever. I played all three and my level enjoyment peaked at ME1 but that was still pretty ehhhhh.

vacation in kabul
Dec 6, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post
The DLC might make it better, but in general I only buy games on sale and I've never purchased any DLC :jewish:

vacation in kabul
Dec 6, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post
I name all my people after famous people. Black woman = Oprah Winfrey, asian dude = Bruce Lee/Jackie Chan.

vacation in kabul
Dec 6, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post
X-Com is absolutely worth the money regardless of what genres you're into. I hope they do a similar deal with Jagged Alliance at some point, I think I would be even more interested in it than X-Com.

vacation in kabul
Dec 6, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post
New CoH is going to be absolutely baller.

vacation in kabul
Dec 6, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post
I was gonna say, last I checked the new CoH was due out sometime this year. And it's gonna own bones.

vacation in kabul
Dec 6, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post
That Joystiq article reminded me that Relic exists which reminds me of Homeworld. I've never spent so much time being disappointed by a game I don't think.

vacation in kabul
Dec 6, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post
I respectfully disagree goon sir. I was very let down by the game after the way it was hyped.

vacation in kabul
Dec 6, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post
I'm still on like level 10 on LoL so whenever I whip out Kog'Maw I usually get about 40 kills and a couple of deaths. Takes me a while to get into a groove when I'm playing with my level 30 buddies to start getting triple kills and raping people with the living artillery.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vacation in kabul
Dec 6, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post
I don't think Blizzard has made a good game since Warcraft. The first one, before they got all corporate :smug:

• Locked thread