Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bengy81
May 8, 2010
Steam: Shlong Johnson
PS3: Bengy81 (I think)
League of Legends: Cralthatway

Mostly nerd out on my computer, sometimes in GW2, sometimes LoL, whatevers, I will play anything.

So IRT Ticket to ride, I have the steam version, so add me if you want to get down. Also if you have the steam version you can use your account to play the browser based version, not sure if it registers the expansions or not.

What is the good settlers version on PC?
Also are any of the Carcassonne PC games anywhere near as good as the xbox one?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bengy81
May 8, 2010

holocaust bloopers posted:

There's one of those white clamshell macbook 13-inchers floating around somewhere. The loving thing still works great but good god is that display atrocious. Screen tech has come a long way since 2007.

My surfing the internet on the couch computer is a 2008 model. It doesn't play nice with YouTube, and I can play all of 2 games on it, but I can't justify replacing it right now.

bengy81
May 8, 2010

See I have a 2011 macbook air now which serves as my youtube/internet machine/ I'll be selling that off for a retina MBP once school starts up.

I really like macs as laptops but would never get them as a desktop. They're just too much of a locked-in experience.

I had/have an imac, I think a 2006, it was a pretty good computer, but yeah, I would never buy one again. When I built my pc I intentionally chose components that would let me dual boot OSX if I wanted. I haven't felt the need yet, but maybe it will keep me from making a $1500 mistake one of these days.
I love the laptops, I just don't think I can justify a laptop considering what I use it for. I mean I could buy an ipad and a copy of Office for my pc and come in half the cost of a new macbook. Plus I could play games on an ipad.

bengy81
May 8, 2010
I had Civ II on my ps1 when I was in highschool. Turns used to take so long during end game that I would do one before school, come home for lunch and do another one, and do one again before I went to bed. That game was awesome.
I have Civ IV, it is pretty cool, scared to get too involved though, too easy to lose 5+ hours without thinking about it.

bengy81
May 8, 2010

GAS CURES KIKES posted:

Aside from getting together a board game crew (Gotta get this setup, will be awesome)

Would love to setup a large DEFCON game, maybe even a slower paced one with alliances and poo poo, or just straight up nuke mayhem skirmish. Either way I'll host ventrillo.

And what is the final tally on people wanting to get a board game crew together and what day works best? I'm 100% flexible because my life is just retirment bucks and disability disney dolalrs now no work.

I am totally down with the defcon idea, game is a lot of fun and its sad nobody plays it anymore.
Frozen Synapse would also be a good game to do something with, maybe a league? Dunno, I am pretty terrible at it tbh.

I could do board game crew on most weeknights, but honestly I am limited to just pc, no xbox.

bengy81
May 8, 2010

Defleshed posted:

Isn't DOTA2 Free?

Kind of, invite only beta right now.

Having said that, Valve shits out tons of invites every week.

bengy81
May 8, 2010

Christoff posted:

Jesus Christ that game is still in beta!?

Yeah, its gonna be in beta until all the characters have been released and they have a working tutorial, at least from what I understand.

bengy81
May 8, 2010
I have less than 10 hours into it, I can't justify the time commitment to learn two moba's, so LoL wins, just because I already have so much invested into it.
To be fair, dota II has a lot of potential, the seasonal maps they made were pretty good IMO, so hopefully Valve can make some really good modes that get away from standard 5v5, or are at least a little more casual friendly.

bengy81
May 8, 2010
Hey, if any of you dipshits don't own it already, you can get DEFCON for $2.49 right now, or for $4.99 you can get the introversion complete pack (both on steam), which comes with some pretty good games, and their soundtracks if you care about that sort of thing.

bengy81
May 8, 2010
I like me1, but I played it on a deployment, so its not like I had anything better to do. Endgame was kind of cool though when your weapons were so overpowered.
I'm slowly working my way through 2, I think I might be about 6-7 hours in, and it seems ok so far. Not a big fan of 3rd person cover shooters, but the combat is better than the first one. Bummed at how lame the citadel is, I thought the best part of 1 was exploring the citadel. I heard me3 isn't terrible when you play it with all the dlc.

bengy81
May 8, 2010

genderstomper58 posted:

so no free action RPG bros??? its the only type of rpg i can stand~

I have been meaning to install it, if I have time tomorrow I will try to hop on.
I have been fiddling around with Akaneiro Demon Hunters, seems like it is gonna be a pretty fun ARPG when it is finished.

bengy81
May 8, 2010

Vasudus posted:

Turns out that not playing PS2 for three weeks and playing Skyrim and other unrelated games makes me pretty terrible when I try to hop back in to PS2.

Thats pretty much any twitch reflex competitive game. I played a round of LoL today for the first time in a month, and it was miserable. I wish I had the free time to poopsock games like I used to.

bengy81
May 8, 2010
Only played enough to beat the first boss before the first town before the game kicked me, but so far, POE seems pretty cool. I didn't get a chance to explore the social features, but give me an add if there is a friends list feature.
Thor_Manhammer on the Americas server.

bengy81
May 8, 2010
Who all is still playing d3?
I just started again after finding out about 1.07, dunno how i missed it.
Add me, although I am on at weird times, I can get down tonight after Gold Rush.
battletag: cralthatway#1858

bengy81
May 8, 2010

Vasudus posted:

Path of Exile is better than D3, sorry.

I downloaded it, started playing it, and it didn't get its hooks into me, I haven't really given it a fair shot. I like Akaneiro Demon Hunters, but I am a terrible person.

I don't think d3 is a great game, but its kind of relaxing, and I like the new recipes and stuff.

Started another run of Jagged Alliance 2. I don't know how many hours I have to throw away a year on this game, but goddamn is it good.

bengy81
May 8, 2010

genderstomper58 posted:

D3 was pretty hosed up at release, more than I expected. But they've consistently shown with these patches that they actually give a poo poo so thats better than most imo

Yeah, its keeps getting better, thats for sure. I wish it wasn't so laggy, I want to do a hc character, but I don't want to die to bad netcode.

bengy81
May 8, 2010
Wait a minute... People actually take airsoft seriously? Like they have matches and stuff? I am so confused right now.

To hopefully not derail the gently caress out of this thread, amazon has a good deal on Ticket to ride right now. You can buy the base game and 4 expansions for 6 and change. It would probably make a good game for GIP game night or something, the game is pretty solid, has a lot of people playing at any given time, and you can play it through steam or your web browser, possibly even your idevice, but I haven't tried that yet. .

Here is a link to the deal: Suck my nuts

bengy81
May 8, 2010
I'm trying to purchase Bioshock Infinite through GMG, but that site is being dumb. I'm not sure why I want the game, not big into the Bioshock lore, but it looks so pretty. ;-*

Been playing a lot of LoL again, so Christoff if you are reading this, we can get down whenever, but I am still a teribad, except with Malphite. Always Malphite all the time.

bengy81
May 8, 2010
I started up Bioshock just to do the opening sequence. Two hours later, game is pretty cool. Need to go to bed now, but I plan on powering through the game this week hopefully. Might be the first AAA game I have beaten in god knows how long. The melee weapon thing is pretty cool.

bengy81
May 8, 2010

HATE CURES TRANNYS posted:

Punk busted. *crosses arms over moobs, leans back in expensive gaming chair*

I wish I had an expensive gaming chair to go with my moobs. The one I'm using is 11 years old, and it makes my legs go numb if I sit in it for more than an hour :(

bengy81
May 8, 2010

HATE CURES TRANNYS posted:

My dad got me an expensive office chair as a house warming gift. It's so much better to go for a quality chair. I use it for my computer and playing video games. It's rock solid and super comfortable. He spent like $600 though.

Yeah, I bought mine off of ebay for $60 when I was a broke college student. Right now my crotch is hot for a real AUTHENTIC Aeron chair. I don't think its gonna happen anytime soon, but a man can dream.

bengy81
May 8, 2010

Defleshed posted:

Why am I playing DOTA2 why don't I just put my balls between a couple dictionaries and sit on them

Cuz you hate yourself. Duh.

bengy81
May 8, 2010

PLANES CURE TOWERS posted:

that being said holy poo poo why can't there be another Doom, Serious Sam, or Painkiller.

I miss old school shooters so much.

The next weekend my wife is out of town I'm going to rent a server for some Serious Sam action, and I am going to be drunk, and I am not going to wear any pants, and its probably gonna have a europop radio station running and it will be GLORIOUS!!!!!!!

bengy81
May 8, 2010
I love The Show, such a great game. Haven't played one in a few years, are online games still laggy piles of poo poo?

MLB Power Pros will always be my favorite sports game though. I'm scared to think of the hours wasted playing that game, still bummed konami quit localizing it.

bengy81
May 8, 2010
Hmm.. I have civ IV, and vanilla civ V, so I would be down for whatevers.

Anybody have ticket to ride?

Anyhow, add me on steam
http://steamcommunity.com/id/shlongjohnson

edit: also it seems I have a DOTA invite if anybody wants one.

bengy81
May 8, 2010

WP CURES PALESTINE posted:

Anyone play Smite at all?

Should we? Is it any good?

bengy81
May 8, 2010

PLANES CURE TOWERS posted:

XCom is 13.59 on steam.

Buy it ASAP.

Or wait until the end of the month when Amazon will have it for $9.99 if you are concerned about that extra three and change.

bengy81
May 8, 2010

ROPES CURE NIGGERS posted:

I see a lot of you guys are playing Mount & Blade. How is it?

Mount and Blade is pretty dope, there are a bunch of good mods for it. If you get one though, get Warband, thats the one everybody plays.

bengy81
May 8, 2010
I know I am like a month late, but I just finished Bioshock: Infinite.

:stare:

bengy81
May 8, 2010
Quick, somebody come play dota2 with me. I'm level one, drunk, and terrible. Lets do this.

Steam id is shlong johnson.

bengy81
May 8, 2010
I need to start playing Warband again, I think I am done with LoL for the time being, its not very much fun lately.
I really like the C-rpg mod. It adds leveling and classes to multiplayer, so if you like vanilla warband its worth checking out c-rpg.

bengy81
May 8, 2010

SquirrelyPSU posted:

Thanks for free stuff Bengy :3:

No problem man, Steam keeps giving me DOTA 2 invites, so what the heck, spread the love.
If anybody else needs one I have 4 more.

Anybody in the infinite crisis beta? I got an invite, but I am on vacation this week, so I won't get to check it out until next week or so.

I also just picked up Animal Crossing, so I will probably add you dudes above, I will post my friend code poo poo just as soon as I figure out where it is hidden at...

edit: added both Fart Sandwiches and JSARSOM as bengy81
My friend code is 2680-9726-2426.
I think my waifu named our town lameass and we have cherries.

bengy81 fucked around with this message at 02:53 on Jun 15, 2013

bengy81
May 8, 2010
I like DOTA, but I prefer LoL, mostly because thats the one I chose to dump money into, to be honest, I don't have the time really to justify playing LoL right now, between work and kids, those stupid games are pretty tough to find the time to play.

bengy81
May 8, 2010

Fallom posted:

I know goons talk big game about Alpha Protocol being some kind of hidden gem but I put 5 hours into it over the weekend and it deserves every criticism it got for being a complete turd

I feel the same way about Spec Ops: The Line. Maybe if I hadn't been exposed to 1. The military 2. Heart of Darkness/Apocalypse Now, I might appreciate it, but I find it to be pretty loving dumb and over the top.

bengy81
May 8, 2010

Basically games shouldn't be YOU WILL NOT ENJOY PLAYING THIS. That's a terrible thing.

This is the loving truth.

bengy81
May 8, 2010

Booblord Zagats posted:

Red Orchestra is awesome if you like listening to fat nerds extol the virtues of the Third Reich and discuss how the Nazis were the good guys for invading Stalin's Russia. Then talk about what anime girls would look the hottest in Hugo Boss

I've never been able to find a server with more than one other guy who even speaks english. Lots of German and French dudes though.

bengy81
May 8, 2010
Any of you dudes into MOBA's or beta's? I have ONE (1) invite to Infinite Crisis up for grabs. If you like DC superheroes and LoL's dominion map, then this is the game for you!

bengy81
May 8, 2010
Drunk and playing league instead of literally any other game. Sombebody please come blow my loving brains out...

bengy81
May 8, 2010
What the gently caress, just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bengy81
May 8, 2010
Swedish punk rock, best punk rock. Anybody want to play some path of exile this weekend?

• Locked thread