Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Vasudus posted:

XBL/Steam = username

Same here, also BF3 (pc).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

$3k? Goddamn son, what did you order?

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

That makes a lot more sense now.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

HATE CURES TRANNYS posted:

I remember when three grand for a gaming PC wasn't even really that eye brow raising. It was still near the highest you could pay but not that crazy.

:lol: That used to be the price for a normal computer.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Remember back when Gateway, HP, Compaq etc did those all in one home computer box sets? You'd go to Comp USA (lol) and your dad would buy this MASSIVE box that had a Pentium 3 Computer, CRT monitor, printer, scanner, keyboard etc for like $4,000. Then your dad would smugly tell everyone how fast word opens. Meanwhile you spend a week uninstalling like 3 gigs of bloatware, and then open the PC to find out you can not physically fit a graphics card in and there is one RAM slot.

Our first computer was a 486DX...this was right before the first Pentiums dropped. 18 mhz, but if you hit the turbo button on the front of the case it ran at 33...OH YEAH. After a year or two, we upgraded that bitch with a 2x CD-ROM and a Creative Soundblaster. It blew my mind that the Nazis in Wolfenstein actually said things...I was used to weird tower-speaker squawks. A couple of years later we got a Compaq Presario with a P2. After a couple more years I'd learned enough about computers that I wanted to tear them apart, and fortunately the 486 was in a closet. The loving boards in that thing were weird as gently caress and massive.

Edit: That 486 remains tied with the NES as the BEST CHRISTMAS PRESENT EVER.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Bought defcon, won't have time to play for a while. :(

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

^Pirates of the Burning Seas.

What bug on PS2?

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Vasudus posted:

The Sunderer crash bug. Basically a certain rank of Blockade armor for them is bugged, and when destroyed with C4 or any other explosive weapon it will crash everyone in a given hex. So the fuckers from reddit abuse the poo poo out of it and basically roll a sunderer into a facility they want to cap, they crash everyone by teamkilling it, then their main force sweeps in to an empty or near empty facility. It's lame as poo poo and happens all the time during primetime. It's been like this for two weeks now because they're all on holiday and post-launch vacation.

:laffo:

That's awesome and horrible. I haven't played in a few weeks, so I missed that one.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

What's that third one?

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

If it makes you feel any better I suck at PS2 and I have no idea how the cert poo poo works. All I know is there were a lot fewer guys hitting on my female character than in PS1...that was hilariously ridiculous. My initial character, before UncleJoey, was named HugeKnockers just like in PS1.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

AIDS CURES FAGGOTS posted:

:megaman: Space Nazis or bust :megaman:

We should go get slaughtered tonight.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

PLANES CURE TOWERS posted:

I'm shocked that Sega bought it, but with Total War I guess it makes a lot of sense.

Rome 2, bitches.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

If this thread ever gets a 3.0, that goes in the OP.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Cockblocking Jerk posted:

While watching someone struggle to pull a spike out of their brain is pretty hosed up, its sure as hell negative reinforcement to turn left instead of right. That's what the TR thread seems to be, people bitching about violence in an M rated game
:laffo:

I'll post my steam id when I get home, can't remember my screen name atm.

Seeing Conan play that game was hilarious...he kept commenting on her rear end and about poo poo himself when he got impaled on that thing.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

I'd probably play. WTC towers and giant dicks as far as the eye can see...

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

I liked the old games. The trailer for the new one made it look good, but obviously that's what it's for.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

holocaust bloopers posted:

Wish I had some means to control the temperature of your house to gently caress with you just like in the old days.

I've still got 4" of snow in the yard, no worries.

Edit: I assume there's no air war, so I guess HDI's got the scope and I'm on nugget duty.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

genderstomper58 posted:

goons always hate the newest game its really weird

That's funny, everyone was gay for D3 for the first week until it made loving CNN that it sucked.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Spent almost 10 hours yesterday letting origin, BF3, and the 2 DLCs download. gently caress my internet.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

DrCuntmuffins posted:

10 hours? consider yourself lucky.

took me a total of 3 days :(

Are you on loving Mars?

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

I think it would be fun to have a GiP Arma III crew and just cheese off folks like that for fun and sport.

I'd buy it just for this. Not joking.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Have the Army/Marine guys beat up the USAF dudes. I imagine Godholio to just be shooting his rifle wildly into the sky yelling BRAA over and over again on ventrillo.

CLEAN CLEAN CLEAN CLEAN CLEAN CLEAN

Fake edit: Is this a steam game or what?

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Haha, it would be so fun to act totally inept around these folks. Multiply it by Gipper's Heroes and we have some classic gaming.

I'm now $30 poorer. gently caress you guys.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

What is the mp feature? Is it team deathmatch or some mission type poo poo? I don't know what the gently caress with these Arma games.

Too bad it's not a persistent world, that would open so many doors. We could set up a 4077 MASH.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

To be or to gently caress? Dibs on the other.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

One of our Arma strategies should be allying with another group. When they move off to fight someone, we just hang out, argue about MREs and how bad a certain someone smells because he doesn't practice good hygiene, and how the goddamn nipr keeps cutting out.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

My download will not be complete tonight. I also don't have my speakers set up, so there's that.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Because they can. And you will pay it or go without internet. So you will pay it.

Edit: Or switch to dialup. So you will pay it.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

I find gender roles in Super Dragon Slayer to be an interestingly accurate representation of how ignored pangendered people are in modern America.

The only game I can see people getting legit upset over gender roles or whatever is that DOA beach volleyball game. It's nothing but bouncing tits and girls laying on the beach.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

It was? I'm pretty sure I moved on less than halfway through.

Edit: Now that I think about it, their lovely DRM was probably a big part of the reason I stopped playing, but I remember not being all that upset I couldnt play after I had a couple of hours into it.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

I can't think of another game that's been rereleased with newer graphics like this. It's been over a decade since it was first released.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Booblord Zagats posted:

BF3 jets require a controller. Every pilot nerd I know, including a few who have actual fighter experience said its just too "twitch" for a HOTAS

No. I owned when my joystick worked.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

You should upgrade my computer.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Thanks just said "gently caress it" to the sound card. My bro in law called me a human being fot trying to install one anyways.

I should be down to play tonight :)

Pretty sure I called you a human being for considering one.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

What the gently caress is that game?

Isn't the first time you called me a human being. Won't be the last :yosbutt:

True and true.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

If you're one of the 16 fuckers on the waiting list to join gip on origin you should probably post something so we know who you are and can consider approving you. You'll receive details on what to wear (not much) to initiation.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Post an introduction thread describing your feelings on:
Beer
Weed
Giving fucks
"edgy" humor
Power loving sluts

I may do something with this idea tomorrow, or even tonight if I power through this loving paper.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

It was actually intended more as a general statement, not directly at you. I let HDI in last night and someone else with a name I recognized, but I don't know who the other 16 are. If they don't speak up in here I'll give them a task to demonstrate their loyalty and willingness to follow orders.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

You can see how well that went.

Edit: None of the people are in the OP. I was hoping Humble Sea Bass was, I like that name.

Godholio fucked around with this message at 19:56 on Mar 24, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Fallom posted:

If you preordered Bioshock you're an idiot

Unless you wanted Xcom as well.

• Locked thread