Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

Oh wow, GiP Board Games night sounds bad rear end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

XBL/Steam: Username

Games-
Steam: None really, I have it just in case
XBL: I think I'm going to get CODBlO2 soon since my brother has it. Usually play Fifa 13 and whatever game in my backlog I have a fancy for.

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

1) I had no idea SC5 was out yet.
2) Someone please tell me when SC5 is worth a poo poo.

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY MAXIS

Didn't take too long for me to get into the server this morning. Its a gorgeous game as well. There.......is a lot of information in graph form to parse through for optimization, and I'm kind of disappointed I can't build my regional roadway system like usual, but this will probably turn me on to changing things on the micro level.

Obviously, gently caress the DRM thing, but whatever. If it works for me I don't give a poo poo. Also, there should definitely be a GiP region. SquirrelyPSU on Origin.

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

Third World Reggin posted:

If you bought simcity, I'm sorry. Also lol at 1.2 amazon rating with over 2.5K reviews.

Because that's totally not because of the login problems. And besides, the login problems for this are about a .5 on a scale of 10 when comparing to oh i dont know Diablo 3.

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

I'll probably get in on the Arma III stuff in a few days. The gameplay vids give me a BF1942 vibe, and that's a good thing.

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

Might as well take one and get the download started so I can rock it with some GiP Squad. If I like it, can I just get in on the Alpha price?

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

PLANES CURE TOWERS posted:

Dirt 3 is hella fun. Best racing game out there though is Forza 4 for 360, especially with all the top gear stuff.

I have no interest in that game other than wanting to drive around pretending I was a star in a reasonably priced car :(

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

Its a good racing game, the Top Gear stuff is the best part though

I agree, I just can't talk myself into ponying up 40 bucks to go buy it just so I can go fly a Subaru around Hammerhead :sigh:

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

IDR posted:

Did he drive for ford? can't remember, i thought all the fins drove Impreza's.... i secretly want an Impreza.

Its so much fun to drive. Even though mine doesn't have a turbo, I secretly do little woosh sounds whenever I come out of a corner :shobon:

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

holocaust bloopers posted:

After a deployment, I almost did the very enlisted thing of dropping the money I made on a 2011 WRX. The photos of it that I took at the dealership are still on my computer. I look at them and think what life would've been like. Goddamn responsibility ruining poo poo for me.

About 3 years before I got out, I still didn't have a car, and always wanted a Subaru and figured it was a good time to get it since I knew I would be a poor college kid the next time the opportunity came around. Ended up with an 09 5-speed Impreza which I have had exactly 0 problems with (other than a 90 degree in Nashville where my rearview mirror decided it would fall off and take a chunk of the interior windshield with it).

e: Games chat, I always drive an Impreza in racing games, and all of my friends make fun of me because I spurn Ferraris for them most of the time.

SquirrelyPSU fucked around with this message at 00:41 on Mar 31, 2013

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

Fart Sandwiches posted:

Yeah those totally japanese cars from... germany? England? Totally unlike those subarus. gently caress yeah anime.

Made in England, owned by BMW if memory serves.

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

Hahahaha I've gotten so horrifically bad at Dirt 3

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

XCom is 13.59 on steam.

Buy it ASAP.

Awesome, thanks for the heads up.

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

mokhtar belmokhtar posted:

I can't stop going back to diablo 3 :(

Anyone else still play? Want to try and power level my barb to 60 bc I'd rather not play through all the difficulties again

Also mad I missed the hilarious gold duping last week

I actually played a good bit this weekend (for the first time in 2 or 3 months). I still never finished Inferno on my barb (I think I was all the way to Izual or whoever the gently caress) so I think I'm going to do that.

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

Thanks for free stuff Bengy :3:

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

Civ V with Gods and Kings is on sale for 25$ right now. Brave New World is currently reg priced at 30.

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

Gods and Kings owns. 25$ is a good price, honestly, I've gotten hundreds of hours out of it.

Get the Polynesia DLC too, their Naval units are INSANE.

Also- Hard Reset for 3.75. HB says its a good game so i'll grab it.

I guess I should have phrased that differently. The Gold Edition is 25$, which comes with all of that stuff in addition to Civ V and Gods and Kings.

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

Holy poo poo gold edition flash sale 12.49, upgrade 5 bucks

e: Looks like it continues until 1PM EST fyi.
e2: Brave New World currently 20$

SquirrelyPSU fucked around with this message at 12:20 on Jul 12, 2013

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

BNW for 20 and Civ 5: Gold for 7.50 on steam. gaben owns.

That 7.50 is just for Civ Vanilla.

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

I'm debating getting Arkham City on the cheap. I played Asylum on Xbox, was the sequel any good?

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

gleep gloop posted:

City is better than Asylum.

Well, that'll be that then. So, so far I've gotten all of Civ V, Ace Combat, and Batman for......55$?

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

Haven't bought anything from the Steam sale the past couple of days. Still waiting on Monaco, honestly.

I am super tempted by Euro Truck Simulator 2 though.

I......did not know this game existed? (well until 5 minutes ago, it looks p sweet)

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

pkells posted:

Do it. Euro truck 2 is awesome. It's nice and relaxing just driving cargo from city to city, and if you get bored, you can be an rear end in a top hat and just go full-throttle balls to the wall, because gently caress you you're a truck.

Welp, not like I'm not dropping a few hundred bucks this weekend anyways.

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

Wwwhhhaaa? Provided you have a pretty good PC*, get it on there.

*must have gamepad

Little late bros, guess Im just gonna have to grin and bear it for 8 bucks.

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

nullandvoid posted:

So like, do I give you head for this or what

Thanks for the info man!

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

Holy Shi:stare:

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

Got a wired Xbox controller to play nice with my desktop. Fuckin' owns.

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

Took you this long? Dang dude.

Hadn't had a reason before Humble Bundle and Steam Sale this year.

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

Reminder, GTA Online launched today.

:stare:

:lol: I'm so happy I didn't get this game or my GPA would be irreversibly hosed.

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

Godholio posted:

^I was hoping for something to throw in their faces, actually. Unfortunately in this area I have a choice between Comcast and Centurylink/Qwest DSL, which is goddamn loving horrid.

Multiple rooms away from the router, and I had the same problem on two other routers. It's not the router (it IS awesome, I bought it a month or so ago). I loving hate relying on wifi.

Here's a clip of me dying.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pTBuX-mMHHo

Spend 10 bucks on monoprice.com to get the length of cable you need to connect to your router to test it out. I'm upgrading my tower this weekend and running cable 35ft to my cable modem now because I'm sick of the uncertainty with the Wi-Fi.

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

gleep gloop posted:

I'm spoiled by amazons shipping. I want my parts for my PC from newegg now.

I upgraded my PC a few weeks ago. I ordered the parts with 4-7 day shipping at the beginning of a midterm study period assuming they'd get here right when the midterms were over (from Newegg).

They showed up in 2. Because Newegg are assholes.

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

ignore me, I didn't click on the next page

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

Dunno if this matters to anyone else but me, but Amazon had Forza 4 for 15 bucks, which I had been waiting to pick up forever (because I haven't touched my god damned Xbox for anything other than Amazon Instant Video in weeks and gently caress paying 40 bucks for a game that I never play), which means I finally get to live my dream of being a Star in a Reasonably Priced Car :unsmith:

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

Finally booted up Forza 4. Did 10 laps of the Top Gear track in an Aston Martin DB5 :unsmith:

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

This reads like the typical message I get on GFWL while playing Dark Souls.

GOD drat IT

Yeah, I should have prefaced that I guess. I've waited a long time until this game went on sale, because I hardly even game on the Xbox, but holy poo poo driving the test track owns (the standard driver p much looks like the stig to lol)

e: By on sale, I mean on discount. I ain't paying 50 bucks to drive through Gambon.

(I will pay 15 though :shobon:)

SquirrelyPSU fucked around with this message at 01:44 on Dec 6, 2013

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

pkells posted:

Start weening yourself off of the driver assists as soon as possible. Things like traction control, stability control, and auto breaking will slow you down.

I need to bust that game out again when I have some free time.

I played Forza 2 and 3, but its been a drat long while. I know this real well.

On a side note: Holy poo poo Autovista is cool as shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

Autovista is amazing. I wish he could have done every car in the game. I'd watch every one.

Its one of the coolest things I've seen in a video game pretty much ever.

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=elRbykAilPI

Again, just the first bit about the Aston is giving me a raging petrolhead boner.

700 loving horsepower. Driver actually backing off after hitting 220 mph. Puts my dinky 160 hp Dart to shame. I've gotten her up to 104 mph, still trying to find a time when certain stretches I84 are dead to try and hit the 131 mph limit where the governor kicks in.

God I love driving.

Up until last year, 840 in Nashville was cutoff essentially (due to a huge chunk of the inbetween not being finished) and I hit 105 in my Subaru for shitsingiggles. I usually drive 4 over the speed limit.

e: But my favorite driving is 15mph in circles in the snow :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

pkells posted:

All this forza love. We need a gip race this weekend, preferably drunk.

I'm down. Probably won't be doing anything this weekend due to finals coming up and what have you.

• Locked thread