Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

Enjoy.

http://www.indieroyale.com/bundle/key/I52368C9CD9AD3

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

Help GOG.COM test their download speeds, get Realms of Arkania 1&2 free.
http://www.gog.com/2013_downloads_quality

Have fun.

quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

Probably going to pick up X:Rebirth when it drops on Friday because I hate myself and am jonesing for a space sim :sigh:

Check out Space Rangers 2 on gamersgate or Space Rangers HD on steam.
Do you want a truly insane game that has somehow has a text adventure mode, a crappy rts mode w/ optional fps controls, a arcade shooter mode, in addition to it's default space-flight mode that can be either real-time or turn-based?
A game where it's possible to fly into the sun(and die) while trying to shoot down a space-drone in the tutorial?
A game that has a really impressive economic engine, where the technology gradually improves over time?
A game that doesn't depend on you to do everything/the NPCs can beat the game while you gently caress off doing text adventure missions?
A game where the endboss is 3 competing strains of von neumann machines eating the galaxy that can be encountered asap?
And where the endbosses can be dealt with in a variety of ways including destroying them, reasoning with them, shunting them off into another dimension, or turning them into a sun?

Just ignore the hilariously stupid opening movie in space rangers 2 w/ the crappy voice-work. Or marvel at how bizzare it is.

quantumfoam fucked around with this message at 06:19 on Nov 12, 2013

quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

oh yes. Oh god yes. :catdrugs:
Made in Russia should explain alot about the game.
Shim or spongebob would achieve nirvana while playing this game stoned.

that opening movie. :catdrugs:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HlixbA7_CH4

quantumfoam fucked around with this message at 07:35 on Nov 12, 2013

quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

got two copies of http://store.steampowered.com/app/91700
PM me if you want one.

quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

PLANES CURE TOWERS posted:

god drat i miss my doom wad collection

http://zandronum.com/ is great for multiplayer doom w/ modern features like mouse-look & modern 3d-acceleration, it just needs the master wad files from doom/doom2/heretic/chex quest/hexen/etc. Steams current holiday sale means you can get doom 1/2 & it's spinoffs pretty cheap.
Here's the link to chex quest 3. http://www.chucktropolis.com/gamers.htm

Zandronum also has a feature called doomseeker that will automatically download wad files/run them when you try to connect to a MP match. People have created bizzare megaman, serious sam, and monkey island content packs.

The best standalone doom content pack I've encountered so far is samsara, which allows you to play any doom wad with DukeNukem, QuakeGuy, Wolfenstein-3dGuy, Marathon1Guy, DoomMarine, Hereticdude, HexenCleric, and ChexQuest man.....with all their unique weapons & gameplay styles intact. http://zandronum.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=200

quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

got one copy of EYE left and fallout new vegas complete.
I hate the steam trading thread.
any takers?

quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

Nostalgia4Infinity, Godholio
just sent you a steam friend request(deagnar).
One of you is getting E.Y.E. or Fallout New Vegas.
E.Y.E. is such a insane game.

quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

ded posted:

Be my steam friend buddy. :angel:

whats your steam id, and I'll send you something.

quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

E.Y.E. is pretty good coop, if you increase the enemy spawn rate to "invasion" level.
To fight off massive horde of enemies on that spawn level, you can summon a army of clones & hunter-seeker drones as backup.
XP & Money is cumulative in MP & singleplayer modes, so once your E.Y.E. character have some skills/weapons/cybertech unlocked E.Y.E. becomes extremely awesome.

Saints Row 2 Coop on PC is decent if you both run the Gentlemen of the Row mod. Saints Row 3 has it's high points, but there's no Septic Avenger in SR3. the SR2 Gentlemen of the Row mod adds lots of content & fixes the horrible control-lag of vanilla Saints Row 2 PC.

quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

Here's another reason to play E.Y.E.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=0&threadid=3428164&perpage=40&pagenumber=97#post424492707

closeted republican posted:

I was surprised how good EYE's weapons are. When I first started it up, I was expecting something like Deus Ex's terrible weapons. Instead, I've found a MAC-10 lookalike that can fire so fast you hear the gun whirring in pain as it struggles to fire, a goddamn revolver that destroys aircraft and makes enemies do flips in the air when shot by it, a minigun that matches the type of firepower you'd expect from one, a fun and powerful semi-auto rifle, a revolver with a hidden scope, and giant slab of metal that hacks through dudes with sci-fi armor. The developers did not give a poo poo about balance, but instead just put whatever cool ideas they had in the game. I think it makes the game really fun because the weapons feel as strong as they should. Most games have weapons like "ULTRA GRENADE LAUNCHER XM@3213 WITH TELESCOPTIC SCOPE AND HEAT SEEKING GRENADES", but the actual grenades barely tickle someone even if the grenade directly hits them. In EYE, it'd gib anything in a city block.
and

Saint Freak posted:

The best weapon is the spell that shoots werewolves from your hand into the enemy's skin.

quantumfoam fucked around with this message at 03:59 on Jan 16, 2014

quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

Mustang posted:

I bought EYE for $1.99 or w/e it was selling for a week ago. Only played like 10 mins, had no idea what the gently caress was going on or what I was doing.

EYE is confusing. the developers put all their tutorials & stuff under the T key.
I've got 28 hrs on EYE and I still have no loving clue what the main story is about..other than your game-avatar is delusional as hell.

quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

krispykremessuck posted:

stop trying to hoodwink people into playing eye

I've stopped encouraging anyone regarding EYE.
go back to dayz

back on topic: anyone have played kinetic void?
It looks interesting but pricey.

quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

man the Shadow Warrior reboot game is pretty awesome.
How could Shadow Warrior turn out so good and the Rise of the Triad reboot be such a piece of poo poo?
A: the horrible platforming

quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

Shadow Warrior 2013

quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

The new Shadow Warrior is good?!? Seriously?

If you haven't gotten this yet, steam just gave me a 75% rebate coupon for shadow warrior 2013.
Hit me up on steam if you want it.

quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

Shadow Warrior 2013 continues to own.
http://imgur.com/9ww0lPO

Shadow Warrior 2013: Viscera Cleanup detail is hilarious too.

quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

3 was ok, except that everything felt so drat cramped and linear. New vegas just was so much more open, exploring felt rad, and the lore was great to learn.
Plus the factions were way more fun, the DLC was cool to play... Ok, gently caress it, reinstalling.

Fallout New Vegas was great. The only downside about it's best DLC(Old World Blues) was the bulletsink enemies.
I will always love fallout 1/2/tactics for the jinxed trait. Melee enemies critically failing a attack and knocking themselves out never gets old.

Just beat Shadow Warrior 2013.....why did you have to die Hoji?.
Thinking about playing STALKER: Shadows over Chernobyl or Dark Messiah of Might & Magic next.
STALKER is singleplayer DayZ/RUST done right, and Dark Messiah has the assassination kills that Dishonored had + rear end in a top hat physics like kicking enemies off cliffs.

quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

I kinda hate-love Deus Ex Human Revolution.
The sneaking and cover based combat kinda sucks.
The retarded inventory system really sucks.
Yellow game filter is meh/wish I could chuck all those half-empty yellow paint cans at enemies for distraction/takedown purposes.
Lethal takedowns are cool. Pritchard the douchebag is starting to grow on me.

quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

Fallom posted:

Honestly if it's just a half-competent standard shooter I'll probably still love it

If you're looking for a good shooter, check out http://store.steampowered.com/app/42670/
It's a drat good shooter. No inventory management bullshit, solid feeling weapons.
Time travel loving up the world, russian shock troopers, unique-ish monsters, a surprisingly decent story, stable time loops, truly cool superpowers, and three different endings are possible.

quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

just beat metro 2033.
I liked the game setting but the combat was rear end/the sneaking system made little sense.
At least the game ending let me nuke something.
Pretty happy I have the 2 good/1 mediocre S.T.A.L.K.E.R. games left to finish.

quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

we should really setup a GIP hamachi vpn network to do LAN multiplayer with older games like red baron

quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

Booblord Zagats posted:

The Sierra Mech Warrior knock off was a lot better than all the Mech Warrior games except maybe MW3

Their lovely Diablo expansion was unfortunate, though

Sierra's Mechwarrior knockoff was Starsiege...which morphed into Tribes...which was a very fun multiplayer FPS.
I have fond memories of Mechwarrior 2 running in wireframe mode & jump-jetting to alpha-strike enemies.
Sierra's Diablo expansion is why battle.net exists today.

quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

all this oldschool sim talk and no one brings up tie fighter? what the gently caress

If you still have the CDs lying around.
http://pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Star_Wars:_TIE_Fighter
I don't think Disney is ever going to relicense the X-wing/TIE fighter series to GOG.com

quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

hamachi VPN networks are pretty easy to setup.
Just need to decide on the hamachi network public name and the password.
Password: gr0ver1satool ?

quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

Ok. I just setup a VPN Hamachi network.
The previously stated password is required to connect.
maximum 25 users at a time.

Since Helldump Immunity doesn't have PMs, just gonna post the hamachi network id.

Hamachi Network ID 230-352-077
Network name: GiP_Retrogaming

Use the ID when joining this network from the Hamachi client.

The GiP Hamachi network password should be changed every month unless we love having pubbies on this VPN connection.
PM me whenever you want a new password set on it.

hamachi network announcement message:
Welcome to GiP Retrogaming.
This a laser free zone.

quantumfoam fucked around with this message at 05:01 on Apr 15, 2014

quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

list of games for me:
red baron
x-wing/tie fighter
quake 1/quake 2
die by the sword multiplayer
dungeon keeper series
freespace 2
homeworld series
syndicate wars

quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

I gave up on deadspace 1 during the "plant beacon on captured asteroid" level when I kept getting killed by harvesting arms on that loving asteroid.
Before that, deadspace 1 was fun. My "Oh poo poo ambush" response ended once I noticed the game always had a stasis recharger before a big combat event.
just make sure to disable vsync on deadspace1,and the turn response should be roughly 10x faster.

e: also, has anyone used the hamachi vpn network I setup yet?
let me know when/if the password should be changed, or if there's issues

quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

X Wing vs Tie Fighter was the most memorable for me, just for the user selectable missions, and the multiplayer.
http://pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Star_Wars:_X-Wing_vs._TIE_Fighter this should help getting the Lucasarts X-Wing/TIE Fighter games running on Windows 7/8x

Also, I've been playing Deus Ex: Human Revolution more. I've gotten through shanghai, currently at the cable-station. Inventory still sucks rear end, but I get the character....he's cyborg BATMAN. A murderous shotgun wielding cyborg batman in my case.

quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

taking suggestions on which steam game to try out next.
Hard Reset or Sniper Elite Nazi Zombie Army 1?

quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

thanks for the advice. i normally hate zombie games but nazi zombie army seemed semi-interesting.
I was half-thinking it could help work off some horror from that "nazi hunters" mini series I've been slowly watching on netflix.

Looks like I'll be playing hard reset then. Played the PC port of binary domain earlier this week. Squad management was interesting, but the game had too many horrible placed QTE's, and laggy-as-gently caress arcade segments for me to really reccomend it to others.

quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

Broke down and bought the weekend deal for chivalry bundle on steam.
It's not the same as DIE BY THE SWORD's granular sword simulation, but it's close enough.
Nothing can replicate hacking off a kobolds leg then picking up the kobold leg and beating a fat orc to death with it.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/219640/

http://www.gog.com/game/die_by_the_sword_expansion

quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

Godholio posted:

You're not mashing the yell button enough.

The yell button is hilarious. and a good way to find other players during a match start.
don't have anything unlocked yet. bastard swords & long maces wreck me. I just try to killsteal those bastards when I can, or hop around like a jackass doing the stab.

quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

chivalry is on steam sale right now. get it.
medieval weaponry combat. complete with cheesy screams.

quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

Bolow posted:

The final boss in Wolfenstein is literally everything I wanted it to be except it's missing the guy with the tiny little mustache.

The boss however does say Die, allied schweinhund

new wolfenstein came out today and people are already at the final boss?

quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

thats just insane. hell i shouldn't be talking. the only games I'm preordering are the witcher 3, elite dangerous, and the van helsing 2.
been waiting about a year for europa universalis 4 to go on steam sale.

quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

yeah, I saw EU4 on amazon sale, but the deal expired before I actually tried to buy it. however, i did get Crusader Kings 2 + a bunch of DLC cheap on amazon.
the reverse american continent invasion(Sunset Invasion DLC) is something everyone needs to experience.
hordes of 50 ft canoes filled with aztecs land on the coast of spain and conquer the gently caress out of a unprepared europe.

quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

witcher 3 is due out in 2015.
elite dangerous looks like the game I should have backed instead of star citizen.
van helsing 2 is coming out either tomorrow or thursday. I preordered Van Helsing 2, and have been checking out it's closed beta. This past saturday, multiplayer testing happened.
Somehow barrels & chests were getting buffs.

Van Helsing 2 is a improvement over Van Helsing 1. It's got faster load times, 10+ more abilities, improved lair, Multiplayer, etc.
The big game-changer for me (besides MP) was that the game lets you fob off missions that you can't stand onto minions, and focus on what you like. IE, i hate tower defense missions, so now I never have to do tower defense missions.

I have no intention of getting Galactic Civilizations 3. The main draw of GalCiv series for me has been the ship-designer. GalCiv3 beta is a naked cash grab. $99 to "join" the beta + get all major DLC.
gently caress that.
Stardock studios killed any positive feelings I had with the Elemental, their Impulse service(1/4 assed steam competitor) and the Sins of a Solar Empire titles being boring slogs that require multiple hours to get interesting.
Elemental had one of the worst single player releases I've experienced....it was so bad Stardock gave anyone who bought elemental at launch/full price 2 free games.

quantumfoam fucked around with this message at 02:45 on May 21, 2014

quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

pkells posted:

I just picked up Crusader Kings 2 from the Humble Bundle, and I'm not quite sure why. I've been itching to play this game for a while, but I know I probably won't like it. Whatever, $8 is nothing.

get the either the sunset invasion DLC, Old Gods, Sons of Abraham, or Swords of Islam DLC for it.
You manage a european based dynasty throughout a 500+ yr campaign. And some very hosed up things can happen in the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

gleep gloop posted:

You can gently caress the poo poo out of your own daughter.

yeah.

also holy poo poo.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=0&threadid=3627820&perpage=40&pagenumber=29#post429914485

• Locked thread