Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Bought Dark Souls on the sale. How hosed am I?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

gently caress, it was a nightmare just to get the program working. I think this should be the "So you want to Play Dark Souls?" video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UnUGxY_b00Y

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

I AM POSTING IN ALL CAPS SO I FEEL INCLUDED

THAT IS ALL

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

BULLETS CURE ISLAM posted:

..-. ..- -.-. -.- / -.-- --- ..-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGY-bdMbriM&t=9s

:colbert:

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

lol touche

5354455020555020594F55522047414D452042524F

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

^^^ to be fair you're posting while on vacation :twisted:

Hexadecimal don't scurr me!!!!

I looked for a machine code translator to trump you but no dice.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

YES I WOULD LIKE TO JOIN YOU IN SOME HORRID DUBSTEP oh wait gently caress that have some Hanzel und Gretyl.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pGfGUcUdEQ4

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

not clicking bc that looks like some gay power metal bullshit

Post a thread about music you listen to when you're mad.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

They froze your account? Why?

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Ah, never played WoW. I swore off MMOs after Star Wars: Galaxies, and I played in the early days when it was terrible. Left before they released the "hey everybody can be a Jedi" patch when it got worse.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Vasudus posted:

It's a terrible game that's well past its prime. I haven't played it in forever. But I've been feeling like playing an MMO for a few weeks now and nothing else is good. Guild Wars 2 is poo poo, Secret World is poo poo, every other MMO is poo poo. WoW is still poo poo, but it's very well polished poo poo. Planetside 2 is a blast to play but there's a bug right now that's making a good portion of the playerbase not log in right now.

Dwarf Fortress. Whenever you get bored, just play DF and mod the poo poo out of it.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Anybody stoked for Dead Space 3?

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Bought Strike Suit Zero, and it's great. Arcade-y enough to play with just a keyboard and mouse and fun as hell.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

DEVILDOGOOORAH posted:

Holy gently caress Spec Ops: The Line :stare:

"This is all your fault."

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Fallom posted:

They made all the monsters in Dead Space 3 faster

the gently caress is up with that

They're like bullet sponges too, what the gently caress. And before anybody says anything, yes I'm shooting the limbs.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

I didn't like it. Some of the enemies were really annoying.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

I did the first time. Five minutes of WTF ensued.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

I made it to late Act IV Hell and just said gently caress it when a sub-boss kept dominating me. You get to the point where you have to ask if you're having fun anymore, and then it's time to stop. I don't think I could continue going solo into Inferno anyways.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Anybody else play Metal Gear Rising? The demo was pretty neat so I ordered a copy.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

HATE CURES TRANNYS posted:

It's fun as hell.

:hellyeah:

Slicing a gecko to poo poo in the demo was revenge for Act 1 MGS4. loving assholes. Looking forward to cutting a Metal Gear RAY to poo poo when my copy gets here.

It's Grey Fox: The Game.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

GD_American posted:

haha you're gonna love the final boss

Demo boss was annoying enough. gently caress you, SKYNET dog. I'm going to shove that chainsaw thingy up your rear end.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Fart Sandwiches posted:

MASH SQUARE AND TRIANGLE

then MASH R1 and SLICE MOTHERFUCKERS

then MASH CIRCLE (or i guess B if xbox)

You missed the part where you start with an RPG, and then slice everything. Think Dishonored.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rQ22nBdeugY&t=261s

EBB fucked around with this message at 05:25 on Feb 28, 2013

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

My copy of MGR got here. BRB, slicing dudes in half.

E: Raiden is no longer a pussy. Also, I just sliced three guys into a bunch of tiny pieces at the same time. It's like they looked at the counter system in Assassin's Creed and asked, "How can we make this more insane?" :stare:

Tonight is going to be fun.

EBB fucked around with this message at 23:07 on Feb 28, 2013

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Really loling at the poo poo Senator Armstrong says in MGR.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Fart Sandwiches posted:

It's probably the best boss battle ever.

It was funny because of 'MURCA WAR HELL YEAH :911: but then got annoying until I figured out the regeneration mechanic. The RAY battle is still my favorite. Part 1 leaves you thinking, "I just took down a RAY with a sword. :stare:". Part 2, "I just used a swarm of missiles as stepping stones, then sliced a RAY in half. :stare::hf::stare:"

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Batshit gameplay without 45 minute long cutscenes or convoluted conspiracy theories.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Fart Sandwiches posted:

Yes. I've run through it on normal and hard, gearing up for my very hard run. The combat is consistently fun and when you upgrade your poo poo it makes you feel like an unstoppable god of swords and poo poo while still being difficult enough to be fun. Also the story is unironically awesome.

Try an easy run after you've upgraded. It's like stomping Helen Keller in the face.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

RIP AND TEAR

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

The magic is kinda gone for MC. I think I'd spend most of my time setting things on fire.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Waiting for somebody to make Mercenaries 3. Drop MOABs e'ryday.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

PLANES CURE TOWERS posted:

The new Spec Ops is going to be free this month for PS Plus. poo poo yeah.

They made a sequel? I thought the whole idea of going upriver and getting off the boat meant never coming back.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

GD_American posted:

look fucker I saw things you wouldn't believe.

COMSEC inventories tossed over the shoulder of a butterbar. I watched ANCDs glow in the dark near the SINGCARs set. All those moments will be lost in time

Time...to re-deploy.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Vasudus posted:

Threw 4 hours at last boss of MGR over two days, couldn't beat him.

Went back a chapter, farmed 5 health thingies.

First attempt with 5 health thingies, bring him from 200->10 and stayed above 70% of health on the first goddamn tank.

gently caress you, game.

Last boss is kind of an rear end in a top hat. What difficulty are you playing on?

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

HATE CURES TRANNYS posted:

You know those kids who wear $2,000 of real kit to airsoft matches? They talk, and sperg, and scream, and cry about this game.

I will never understand why someone would pay out the rear end to wear heavy, uncomfortable gear for fun.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Can I get a civilian billet?

-Stuff is exploding over there
-That looks pretty cool

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

PLANES CURE TOWERS posted:

Oh man you are making me crazy with the possibilities

Can I be the transport chopper pilot? Like Murdock, crazy talentedcrazy.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

AIDS CURES FAGGOTS posted:

This is probably a good reason to bust out my old Saitek X-52 that barely got any use since Falcon 4.0

Oh God, I remember Falcon 4.0. It's the only game I ever had with a manual in a binder. Spent most of my time dodging SAMs.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

I'm in, downloading now. Steam ID is apronboy.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

ARMA III makes me glad I paid attention when we went over NATO unit symbols on maps in class. You get dumped into it on the first menu screen- two OPFOR infantry platoons versus two BLUFOR infantry platoons and one other BLUFOR unit that I can't recall. What's one diagonal line again?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Dunno, maybe? The controls are way more complicated than the last two games, all I've done so far is the infantry showcase and it gave me trouble.

• Locked thread