Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NAPALM STICKS TO
Jun 22, 2005

Jaysus posted:

I can't stop playing Far Cry 3. It's the best game I've played all year. I actually think I'm enjoying it more than Skyrim.

yeah, Far Cry 3 is awesome. I've been playing for days, and only just now got all the radio towers on the north island unlocked, and half the outposts taken. I've just been exploring and found all sorts of cool poo poo. Also driving jet skis off waterfalls.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NAPALM STICKS TO
Jun 22, 2005

So apparently Sprint put up LTE in my country rear end area for some reason so I can play games online again!!! Just tethered to my phone. Ran a speed test, 17mbps down/3mbps up. Funny thing is LTE is terrible with building penetration, so I leave my phone out on the porch and start a wifi hotspot. Anyway the point of this post is who all plays Planetside 2 and how do I get in on it with everyone else? I just downloaded it. SOE gamertag is creddefaultswap.

Steam: creddfltswap
Xbox Live: creddefaultswap (BLOPS2, BF3, Far Cry 3, some other games I can't think of right now)

NAPALM STICKS TO
Jun 22, 2005

hey when the new wargame comes out, gonna get it and get confused as hell by it. I know HCT used to play the old one, is anyone else getting it? Also down to play Arma, and I'll install DayZ. Haven't tried it yet. And there was some Fallout talk earlier, there's a mod called Tale of Two Wastelands that combines Fallout 3 and New Vegas into one gigantic game and it's awesome.

NAPALM STICKS TO fucked around with this message at 00:20 on May 16, 2013

NAPALM STICKS TO
Jun 22, 2005

GAS CURES KIKES posted:

not buying an xbox one thats for sure

yeah lemme just buy this sophisticated high end computer with a built in high definition 3d camera and high performance microphone that is always on and always connected and managed by Microsoft, the company that lovingly hands out any and all access to user information that the government requests.

sounds kinda tin foil hat like, but seriously man

yeah exactly no loving way i am buying an xbox one, for that reason, plus the 24hr check in thing, plus used games, plus its $100 more than the PS4. seriously, why the gently caress would anyone buy an xbox one over a PS4?

NAPALM STICKS TO
Jun 22, 2005

the shoshone in BNW own, you pick the prize that you find in ruins and your cities start with a 2 tile radius instead of 1. you can get wayyy ahead of all the other civs. just finished conquering the world with them.

NAPALM STICKS TO
Jun 22, 2005

far cry 3 on PC is buggy as hell, it constantly gets stuck on loading screens and you can't actually kill the process so you have to restart

NAPALM STICKS TO
Jun 22, 2005

Godholio posted:

1GB RAM/3600 rpm HDD spotted

i7, 16GB, 256GB SSD, 4GB GTX680M, but it's win 8 so i'm guessing that's the problem

NAPALM STICKS TO fucked around with this message at 21:25 on Jul 20, 2013

NAPALM STICKS TO
Jun 22, 2005

it came with it and i've been too lazy to reformat and install win 7

also just checked dxdiag and my video card is 4GB not 2GB so that's def not the problem

NAPALM STICKS TO
Jun 22, 2005

Godholio posted:

Since youre on a laptop, sure it's not running Power4Gear or a similar utility, or if it is (it's a neat thing actually), at least make sure you're on a gaming/high performance setting.

But yeah the problem is probably Win 8. Doesn't every copy have the ability to roll back to 7? Seriously, the only reason to run 8 is if its a production-only machine with a touchscreen.

Yeah, I almost always keep it set to high performance. I'm not sure if you can roll back to Win 7, I'll look into it. I have a Win 7 ISO that I've just been too lazy to install, but I just downloaded all the drivers so I'll probably reformat and install it soon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NAPALM STICKS TO
Jun 22, 2005

i'm down for defcon tonight

• Locked thread