Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
nocal
Mar 7, 2007
I watched The Chaser.

It was fine. Not bad at all, and reminiscent of some better movies. One of my favorites of all time (Korean or otherwise) is Memories of Murder, partly because of the way it blends tone so effectively. It is immensely difficult to make, for instance, a drama with comedic elements. The Chaser does an OK job of this, though to lesser effect.

It also had a "flawed"/superhero character seeking revenge, a la Oldboy; though again, not as good as that film.

Frankly there were too many deus ex machina moments for me. Of course they keep the story going, but how many unlikely events can your story have before it begins to feel contrived and silly?

Though I can honestly see this movie having an American remake. Whatever that says about this movie -- good, bad, or blockbuster -- at least the Koreans are willing to have an unhappy ending.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread